Game still dead--update never happened

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Aug 9, 15 12:48 PM
I purchased this game 09/02/2013 and it didn't work. I went through all the troubleshooting and contacted tech support where I was told that an update to fix a known problem was coming out "any time now". I was given the choice of getting a refund or waiting for the update. I chose the latter. I just realized today (why, yes, I *am* slow) that there's never been an update for this game, to fix problems or otherwise.

So....is an update ever coming to fix the issues or.....? I would've put this in the Technical Issues section, but it's been locked.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Game still dead--update never happened

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 10, 15 12:51 PM
Hi CanonicalKoi,

I'm sorry to hear that after contacting tech support, an update was mentioned that may help fix the issues you are experiencing. The Moderation Team isn't privy to any information that surrounds game updates and releases. Once an update is available, we will definitely update the Forums.

I believe I understand that you are working with a Mac version of this game. Looking at the game page for Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas, it looks like the requirements are OS X 10.4. If you find that you are running a newer operating system, this may be the reason that this game isn't working on your computer. Please reach out to our Customer Support Team so that they can look into getting a replacement for you.

To answer your question about why the technical issues thread is locked for this game, a recent change to our Forums includes the automatic locking of threads that have been inactive for 180 days or more, so this is the explanation for why some of the threads in this Forum have been locked. This new feature was put into place to help improve stability and performance in the Forums.

If you'd like to start a new thread on a topic that's already been discussed, you can absolutely do so, as we encourage players to continue discussing games.

If you'd like to refer to an older thread in your post, you can definitely copy and paste the URL for the older thread in your post. Please keep in mind that in keeping with the Forum Rules, only links from the Big Fish website can be included in Forum posts.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any further questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: