Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dracula's Legacy here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 10, 15 12:32 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 6:47:43 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dracula's Legacy here

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 10, 15 1:35 AM
windows 7
cant even get the game to download, keeps coming up as ...failed.
i have tried about 10 times so far

abcwxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by abcwxy on Aug 10, 15 4:32 AM
Windows 7 - 32bit
Game installs ok but cannot play - just get a black screen and Big fish does not appear at start, so I have to 'x' out of it. Have uninstalled and re-installed but without any success. Any suggestions please?

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Aug 10, 15 6:06 AM
Has downloaded but screen is "double" as if it's 3d out of sinc. Using windows 10

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 10, 15 6:47 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Aug 10, 15 9:19 AM
The game freezes and screen goes to black when changing scenes. I had to turn off my pc and turn back on twice to get my pc functioning again after the game freeze.

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Aug 10, 15 9:38 AM
Got to the mansion, got the hammer and 2 nails and fixed the ladder. As soon as I entered the mansion again the hint quit working, Need something to dust away the cobweb in the window but don't have a tool to use. No place to use the ladder that I can find. Melted the silver spoon, the cheese block is sparkling but I have nothing to try and use on it. I have the hammer, crossbow and ladder in inventory. The left fork in the road by the scarecrow should be open but it won't let me go that way any more. Game also won't let me go back past the vegetable cart partially blocking the road either. Have installed and uninstalled game several times, nothing helps. Running Windows 7, 64 bit. I hope it's not a glitch and that I've just missed something.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 10, 15 10:02 AM
88blyth and abcwxy: there's a small chance that re-installing the BFG Game Manager helps (called BFG Game App something-thingie now -- search in the Help pages, if you want to try it; Bellerophon gave the link above). I've seen that it helped before.

No problems installing and starting the game on a desktop PC w/ Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit. NVIDIA graphics card GeForce GTX 670.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Aug 10, 15 11:25 AM
I have found that sometimes ones screen resolution will mess with the game. Maybe try changing your resolution to it's optimum setting.

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Aug 10, 15 12:16 PM
sewandsew
me too, stuck
anyone know how to proceed?

Ella58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ella58 on Aug 10, 15 12:42 PM
Struck same place as sewandsew. Help

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Aug 10, 15 3:15 PM
I didn't have any problems with this game but I got it from another site.

The ladder is used at the crossroads SPOILER - highlight to read where you get the arrow out of the bat. Then you can dip the arrow into the silver & kill the beast once you get the crossbow string

I was stuck for a bit about the cobweb but if you walk around, you will find the object needed either in a H0S or lying around (I can't remember how I found it). It's a very good idea to click around the scenes; I discovered lots of things that way

HTH

Kam

ziptzapt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ziptzapt on Aug 10, 15 5:55 PM
As soon as I place the stick on the car's accelerator pedal, the HINT button stops working. Uninstalled, reboot, reinstall, etc. does not help. Problem persists. Windows Vista 64-bit

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 6:40:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 10, 15 6:49 PM
As soon as I put the pitchfork together.....I can't do anything. GRRRR!!

[Post New]by grandmalinda1 on Aug 10, 15 7:34 PM
I had the same problem. After putting the stick in the car, the hint stopped working. I went back to the gasoline reservoir, put the plank up to it and was able to fill the gas can. Went back to the car, filled it and rammed the wall. Now the hint button is working again!!

ziptzapt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ziptzapt on Aug 10, 15 8:43 PM
oh geez that's too funny! Yep, fixed my game right up. What are they paying us to troubleshoot their game?

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 11, 15 4:15 AM
Kamana_29 wrote:I didn't have any problems with this game but I got it from another site.

The ladder is used at the crossroads SPOILER - highlight to read where you get the arrow out of the bat. Then you can dip the arrow into the silver & kill the beast once you get the crossbow string

I was stuck for a bit about the cobweb but if you walk around, you will find the object needed either in a H0S or lying around (I can't remember how I found it). It's a very good idea to click around the scenes; I discovered lots of things that way

HTH

Kam

Thanks so very much, Kam! When I used your spoiler tip, the hint button started working again, and I'm on my way (fingers and toes crossed). You're right, too, about poking around in the scenes. Really good tips!

DK

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Aug 11, 15 11:43 AM
Played game fine until inside mansion, end of trial. Purchased with a credit, back into the game where I left off, and NOTHING. Black screen after shooting monster.
re installed, same issue.
14/8/15
Just completely reloaded nothing. Does this game actually go past the library door?

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 10:52:46 AM PST

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Aug 16, 15 9:31 PM
The screen is double (looks like 3D) for me as well. Windows 8.1

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Aug 29, 15 3:49 PM
I was trying to put the things in the block , the one on the door. It froze every time. had to ctrl alt del to get out. Gave up

Go to: