A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 6:47:13 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dracula's Legacy here

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Aug 10, 15 12:49 AM
Rather easy adventure game with minimal HOS. Be warned there are some snakes and spiders. I found it grainy, specially with the movement (walking). All in all I will use a PCC for it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 10, 15 1:03 AM
First let me say...I don't expect everyone to agree with my like's and dislike's of a game. So with this said...I don't like this game....I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! This is one of the best games I've seen in years...IMO! I love Vampires and Sci-Fi games...and to get two in one week...Jackpot Bonanza for me!

The graphics and art work are absolutely top of the line. Love the story...animations...graphics...yes, the puzzles can be simpler for advanced players...but I don't care. This is a winner winner...may I have some more please?

Now with this said...my review is only based on demo and not the whole game. I did not have any tech issues so far...and fingers crossed ...we won't have any.

Be sure to try this game! It's Awesome/Amazing/Incredible/Fabulous/Fantastic/And Oh Yea...Did I say I LOVE IT!!

I rate this game: “DIVINE FINE SWINE”

“These are my terms for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 10, 15 4:22 AM
If I were to use the rating system above, this has "pork belly" written all over it. Maybe likeable for SOME, but not for everyone.

Graphics mostly very good, but grainy and pixels aplenty in the long shot cut-scenes. Some of the characters look a bit like rubber.

Atmosphere is in keeping with the subject matter. Repetitious music.

No map, and a LOT of running back and forth. Much of the running would be unnecessary if the game would let you do more than one or two things at a time in each scene and...there are ONLY one or two things to do in each scene.

Additional active areas become available very slowly. Next steps are sometimes hard to determine because the game is making the decisions.

We need a gas can. We find the gas can. We fill the gas can. We take the gas can to the car. We need a funnel but, unless the gas can is in place, we cannot find the funnel. Actually, in this game, we find the funnel first, but I think you get my drift. You MUST play in the order the game "tells" you too.

Simple, simple, simple mini-games. HOs are standard lists with two or three items that require another step to complete. Very basic. Very easy to find everything.

All tasks are tasks you've done before, if you have played any number of these games.

Maybe some WILL like this game, but it is definitely NOT for me. For those who choose to play...happy gaming.

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 4:31:29 AM PST

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Aug 10, 15 4:26 AM
I agree that potentially this could be a great game. I won't be buying it however, because although I opted for the advanced mode which stated there would be no sparkles, there are sparkles everywhere! At one point my screen was lit up like a Christmas tree with sparkles ..... Also, there is no lock on the inventory which is irritating because it keeps popping in and out of the screen whenever the curser goes near it. Some of the messages don't make sense and are not clear about what should be done.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 10, 15 4:39 AM
A nice adventure-lite game, and these devs (JetDogs Studios) are strong on giving a good storyline. I've not finished yet, but so far, so good...

If you liked their other games--Frankenstein: Master of Death , Sinister City, or Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse & Roxanne's Necklace--you should enjoy this one. Jet Dogs also does some "real" adventures, e.g., Alchemy Mysteries, which are more challenging & in-depth.
Plus, they made Labours of Hercules time management / strategy series... so they are experienced devs.

I think they use the same game engine for their graphics which sometimes may look a bit "blocky" but in general are crisp, attractive & nice colours. Sound so-so with voices good IMO. Nice cutscenes! This game is a bit easier than some of their others--yet still fun.
I do agree that the options are not enough to set the gameplay as one exactly expects, plus sparkles can anger people. And, as 9otters notes, we need a pair of sneakers for the game, although the pace & actions do pick up as game progresses.

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 7:48:56 PM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 10, 15 6:15 AM
I liked this game. Although I was a bit confused by that old 'deja vu' feeling for a while. It seems I played the beta of this a year ago under the title of The Red Thread of Fate (or something similar). Confusion over, lol.

I was a little disappointed at the clumsy Hint and Direction icons. And the constant up and down of the inventory bar was distracting too. Ah well, the story made up for it, once I decided not to let it keep bothering me, lol.

The graphics are much the same as in Jet Dogs Studios earlier games such as the two Millenium games and Anabel (I have all three of those), so not too bad.

I didn't mind the music, and the voices were pretty good too. Barring interruptions (like cooking and eating tea, and watching a bit of telly ), I guess it took me about 4 to 5 hours to play. That is a very rough estimate, as I wasn't watching the clock.

I also liked the little "hook" right at the end - sequel, anyone?

I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistles we have come to expect, and yes, there is lots of toing and froing, but in my humble opinion, this is quite a good game

Cheers,

Jen

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 10, 15 6:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dracula's Legacy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dracula's Legacy.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 10, 15 8:12 AM
Hmmmm. Maybe I'm the only one who had this experience (or I'm playing a different game) ........

Your character is driving through the woods ..... a tree is across the roadway ...... then, suddenly ..................

Graphics are really well done for this game. Very eerie. I can't comment on sound fx, voice overs or music as I had it all turned down.

Casual and Advanced difficulties.

I'm not quite sure what you have in regards to maps, journals, etc. because all that info isn't kept on the screen. Even your inventory disappears. You need to click on the rose at the bottom left side of the page ALL ..... THE ..... TIME! It's so exasperating!!! Want to see what's in your inventory? Click on the rose! Need to go back to the main menu??? Click on the ROSE!!!! Need to go back to the previous screen? Click on the dang ROSE!!!! So frustrating. That alone caused me to discontinue playing the demo.

For all the above reasons, and several others, this is definitely NOT a purchase for me. It's quite a shame, actually, as I feel it could be a great game without all the faults.

If you decide to try this demo I hope you ...........

Enjoy!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Aug 10, 15 12:09 PM
When I played this game, I did NOT have to constantly click on the "Rose" to see the following:

To see what's in Inventory, put your mouse pointer near the bottom of the screen, The Inventory will pop-up OR you can use the "rose".

To go back to the Main Menu, put your mouse pointer near the top of the screen and click on the icon in the upper left corner.

To go back to the "Previous Screen" place your mouse pointer near the bottom center part of the screen and an arrow will appear, click on it OR use the the arrow in the lower right corner of the screen.

To get a HINT, put your mouse pointer near the top of the screen and click on the right most icon.

This is the first game that I have ever played that allows you to "skip" the HOS and get get an item. Those of you that do not like playing HOS, can "skip" them.

I found this game to be interesting and creepy. I will be purchasing this game.

Try it, you might like it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 10, 15 11:43 PM
Finally! A spooky game for us lovers of the dark side.

This game has two of my favorite things... a hint button that's always available, and a skip button that fills quickly. The skip button also works to skip dialogue and cut scenes. There is a down arrow to return to the previous screen... a nice touch, but you can also hover your cursor near the bottom of the screen to go back.

The voiceovers are well done. No weird accents, falsettos, or basso profundos so far.

I'm intrigued by the story, but I'll wait to read a review of the entire game before deciding to buy.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Aug 11, 15 9:33 AM
but

ETA - I will never understand all the animosity over sparkles and why people get so bent out of shape over them. Who cares!?!

Edited on 08/16/2015 at 12:09:00 PM PST

babstoo
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by babstoo on Aug 13, 15 9:01 AM
I REALLY LIKED THIS GAME. THE STORY WAS GOOD, MINI GAMES GOOD, NOT TOO MANY HOS. I THOUGHT THE CHARACTERS LOOKED REAL AND MOVED FAIRLY REALISTICALLY. THE ARTWORK WAS GREAT, ESPECIALLY IN THE OUTDOOR SCENES WHERE EVERYTHING LOOKED REAL. GOOD MUSIC. SCARY ENOUGH IN SOME SPOTS BUT NOT GRUESOME. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, DEVELOPER, AND BRING ANOTHER ONE SOON.

[Post New]by peachlizard on Aug 13, 15 11:50 AM
I found this game to be quite fun.....and it looks like there will be a continuation....I can't wait....If you like Dracula and vampires I do recommend this game!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 16, 15 8:48 AM
Okay. This is a game that needs to be wiped from my computer and my memory.

One poster warned of sparkles, but no one corroborated it so I thought maybe it was a settings glitch. Sometimes if I change the setting to casual, back out and then change it back I can remove glitchy sparkle mode. But alas that solution did not solve the problem in this case.

This game was not made by Jet Dogs, it was made by Something Pop (can't read weird cursive logo thing) and Jet Dogs produced it and sent it along to BFG. I am surprised that they would allow this because Jet Dogs has never, to my recollection, done this with any of their sole produced games. They should know better.

If developers are going to include an adventure element to their games, no matter how light, they need to understand that there is a certain amount of role-play that is inherent in the genre. You are the main character moving throughout the adventure. Although the solutions are obviously determined by the makers of said games, it is up to the adventurer to move through the world that has been created and to discover its secrets and solve the puzzles and dilemmas presented to the adventurer.

To cover a screen in sparkles screaming "Click on me!" "No wait, click on me too!" eliminates all adventure aspects of gameplay and is abhorrent to me. I cannot play this game, nor can I recommend it to anyone that loves to adventure while they game.

I am still shuddering thinking about this. I must quickly move on to bigger and better games.

[Post New]by jilouise1123 on Aug 17, 15 11:35 PM
This is the creepy games I enjoy!!!!Had to get over my inventory going up and down....and no map, but the storyline more than made up for it. Good Game!!!!

[Post New]by babou53 on Aug 28, 15 2:41 PM
Love this game and hope a sequel

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Sep 5, 15 10:03 AM
I totally agree 100% with mrm2006. This is not Jet Dog material, they wouldn't have all this petty jumping around. They are much better than this. No buy for me.

Go to: