[Post New]by chrisyjul on Aug 4, 09 11:35 AM
can't figure out how to demolish shops in level 24. help

sarina33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:how do you demolish in level 24

[Post New]by sarina33 on Aug 4, 09 4:24 PM
Should be the same as any other level. Click on the little jack-hammer (immediately to the right of your worker count and popularity level) and then click on the store you want to demolish. Just make sure you have workers available.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:how do you demolish in level 24

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 5, 09 9:49 AM
That's the third level in the 5th section, the one where "the previous owners didn't know anything about creating a good store mix". The previous respondent thought you were asking about the mechanism, which I comment on below. But first:

STRATEGY

I have only 1 tip on strategy here: It turns out you don't actually have to demolish all but one of each facade type, so long as you have the right number afterward. So as long as you have 3 Clothing Stores, they can be 2 pair and a singleton.

On the other hand, one-of-each is certainly the easiest way to keep track, and doing it that way on this level didn't cause me any problem placing anything later, as I remember.

If you need other strategic help, see my posts, "Maximizing Popularity (Contains 'Spoilers')" and "Maximizing Income (Contains 'Spoilers')".

MECHANISM

One game mechanism gave me trouble for a while, and may confuse somebody else, too: If you leave your can't-demolish pointer hovering over the shop, waiting until it turns to a Demolish pointer as soon as you have enough workers--that's not how this game does it. You have to move the pointer away and put it back when the time comes. The little shops take only 1 worker each. The excess Computer Store takes 4 and the Bookstore only 2.

I haven't checked anything not on this level except for a misplaced Bowling Alley. That takes 6 workers to demolish, even though it needs only 5 to build!

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 11:38:08 AM PST

Go to: