Re:Welcome to Brick Quest 2 forum

[Post New]by tsteward on Sep 7, 08 1:41 PM
I can catch the ghost however the game is not giving me credit for catching them. I've tried reinstalling the game, but it's the same thing. Any one have any suggestions?

Edited on 09/07/2008 at 1:55:48 PM PST

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 7, 08 5:58 PM
tsteward, I'm having the same problem with the ghosts, snakes and mice. I knock them out and they explode but I don't get credit for them. At this rate I'll never move forward to other areas. Also I think it would be nice if they gave you a little instruction especially since I never played the original Brick Quest. Although I do really like the music and graphics

[Post New]by samsam44 on Sep 8, 08 7:54 AM
I can't get past Level 6. It is making me replay the same level over and over. The icon says, "Catch more monsters". Any advise on what to do?

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 8, 08 9:12 AM
Hi all, is there a bfg Flounder around who could help us little fishies with our problem???? You can see from our earlier questions that we're all stuck, we can't move ahead because we're not getting credit for "dispatching" the ghosts, snakes and mice. Are we doing something wrong?? Please help us, we're "floundering around".....

Edited on 09/08/2008 at 9:20:22 AM PST

[Post New]by tprodigy1 on Sep 8, 08 10:54 AM
hi!

be carefull! you have to click on the RIGTH mouse button when any monster is KO (when you see stars around its head)

this will launch a sort of 'plasma', you have to hit the monster with it !!

when the 'plasma' hits the monster you hear a voice saying "got it!" then only you have captured the monsters! (and it will appear in the scores)

I think this will help you

enjoy!

[Post New]by tsteward on Sep 8, 08 2:41 PM
Actually, I've done that as well, and I still do not get credit, I think there is a glitch in the game. The first time I installed it, i could not get credit for the ghost or the mice. reinstalled it, had to go through all the levels again, and this time i don't get credit for the ghost nor the snake. I got credit for the mice, but it stopped at count 9.

[Post New]by tsteward on Sep 8, 08 4:38 PM
There is Definitely something wrong with this game. I have installed it for a third time, and each time I get different results. Now i got two ghosts and it stop counting after that. It's not counting the mice at all, not yet anyway. Having gotten to the snakes yet, i've become fustrated with this game.

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 8, 08 4:49 PM
Thanks tprodigy1, I'll give it a try...

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 8, 08 7:34 PM
tprodigy1, I tried your "plasma" thing on the ghosts and it works, however it won't work on the mice, snakes or spiders because you can't get a straight shot at them, they're all blocked by a ledge, and you can't bank the plasma off of anything it only shoots straight up. And by the way how did you find that out about the plasma since it didn't seem to be written anywhere???? thanks for your help...

[Post New]by tsteward on Sep 8, 08 8:04 PM
shamrck3, you can get the ghost, mice, snakes or any other monsters by hitting them with fire balls, bomb balls or just by hitting them until you see stars. except the ghost, the only way you can get them is by the the weapons, ie, lazers, fire balls, bombs, etc. When you first start the game on the first level and you hit one of the bees enough times for the stars to appear, it explains how to use the right mouse to catch the monsters with the plasma, but it only catches what you hit. If you notice on any of the monsters that you hit and you just let them disappear, you get a 1,000 points per monster, but if you use the right mouse to catch them with the plasma before they disappear you do not get any points for them. I can do all of this but it won,t tally the mice, snakes and ghost up.

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 9, 08 6:15 AM
tsteward, Thanks for all your help, I'm going to start again as a different player and see if I can do better..

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Sep 9, 08 11:01 AM
tsteward, You were totally right, once you knock out the ghosts, mice, snakes, spiders and bees you can zap them with the "plasma" it goes right through anything they're sitting on and gets them and it will count on your total hits. Thanks soooo much..

mrwjd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by mrwjd on Sep 15, 08 10:22 PM
I had no idea of the right-click plasma situation. Where do you get instructions for this game?

I have knocked out hundreds of "monsters." In "Scores," the numbers of several types increase (over 200 wasps, e.g.) while others either stay at zero or have hung up on a small number (3 rats, e.g.) and the number never increases. But NONE of the catches are applied to get into new games--e.g., if it says "you need 7 more rats," I can get dozens of rats but the sign never changes and the game never opens.

I was luckier than some--I have gotten into 13 games. I now realize those were probably ones that required the types of "monsters" that are counted, whereas the remaining games requiring other monsters will never open.

I don't want to re-install for fear of losing the progress already made. If this would not happen, I'd like to try it. Does anyone know whether the counts go back to zero with a re-install?

I hope a solution will be sent to the forum members/writers soon.

[Post New]by bgp1954 on Aug 13, 09 8:38 PM
You have to free all the thngs in the locked cages,& that's all. That'll get you 10 out of 10,then you can move on.

Go to: