if so, what happened? (:
im not even close haha.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:trophies

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 5, 09 4:50 AM
I'm one lousy dragonfly away...for some reason the store hasn't been stocking the tropical rain maker recently, either, it's like it knows...

adorel
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by adorel on Aug 5, 09 7:04 AM
Yes - I'm sure it knows
Did you get a whole load of wrappers right after you got the trophy - or a garden full of weeds the day after you got that trophy (it adds insult to injury)
I'm quite a way off the Impossible dream but I have NEVER seen one dragonfly - so I understand the frustration

I wonder how many people have actually completed the game..... And... was the dragonfly the last item they collected.

Edited on 08/05/2009 at 7:05:15 AM PST

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Aug 5, 09 7:36 AM
adorel wrote:Yes - I'm sure it knows
Did you get a whole load of wrappers right after you got the trophy - or a garden full of weeds the day after you got that trophy (it adds insult to injury)
I'm quite a way off the Impossible dream but I have NEVER seen one dragonfly - so I understand the frustration

I wonder how many people have actually completed the game..... And... was the dragonfly the last item they collected.

i understand what you mean by insult to injury. similarly, after you finally get the triplets trophy, you get blessed with triplets.

re: dragonfly. families who've already found it tend to find it again, ditto with the moth. the dragonfly's wings are transparent so it's a little tricky in rain. body is blue. most easily seen by the birdhouse. it MIGHT show up below the left bottom of the woodshed. it might show up in the path by the back hose (this one's definitely hard to see, look for the blue). it might show up in the grass further behind the hose & more right. these are all the places i've seen it. it might possibly show up next to the bottom hose, since i found the moth there once where i'd never seen it.

good luck hunting!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 7, 09 10:58 AM
kore21 wrote:
adorel wrote:Yes - I'm sure it knows

i understand what you mean by insult to injury. similarly, after you finally get the triplets trophy, you get blessed with triplets.

re: dragonfly. families who've already found it tend to find it again, ditto with the moth. the dragonfly's wings are transparent so it's a little tricky in rain. body is blue. most easily seen by the birdhouse. it MIGHT show up below the left bottom of the woodshed. it might show up in the path by the back hose (this one's definitely hard to see, look for the blue). it might show up in the grass further behind the hose & more right. these are all the places i've seen it. it might possibly show up next to the bottom hose, since i found the moth there once where i'd never seen it.

good luck hunting!

The dragonfly might also show up to the left of the bottom of the workshop, next to the purple flowers (you can just see the edge of them). One of my families found it there.

[Post New]by genealogyjones on Aug 14, 09 4:03 PM
That dragonfly is killing me....I am on my 15th generation and still can't find it....I did have the triplets once and then she had twins and then a single on........alllll
boys........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Aug 14, 09 7:29 PM
I need one clover for one of my families and then they will have all the trophies. I've been keeping them on pause when I'm not playing with them. He's 58 and she's 59 and there is just no way I'm starting a new generation for one stinkin' clover!

[Post New]by kris1009 on Aug 19, 09 8:29 PM
for some reason I cannot get the "provides all food groups in a 24 hour period" one even when I buy all four foods at the same time. Has this happened to anyone?

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Aug 19, 09 9:20 PM
kris1009 wrote:for some reason I cannot get the "provides all food groups in a 24 hour period" one even when I buy all four foods at the same time. Has this happened to anyone?

It happened to me, too. I didn't know what I could have missed so I went back through and bought a bag of each food group from both categories (regular & organic) and I got it. I have no idea what it was that I missed, but that worked.

[Post New]by kris1009 on Aug 20, 09 6:11 PM
I tried that and it worked! Thank you!

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Aug 20, 09 8:22 PM
kris1009 wrote:I tried that and it worked! Thank you!

You're welcome
Glad it worked.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 21, 09 4:17 AM
I've got 99 trophies....got the dragonfly, but the hardest was the uncommon big black bug. I still need the perfect match trophy. I'll get it eventually!!! Anyone get that one without "cheating" by pausing and replacing the save-game file? How many generations did it take? Which proposal was it?

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Sep 28, 09 7:15 AM
Ajuma,

Have you reached 100 trophies yet? I lack the perfect match and one moth and I will be done. Do you know what happens? Does the game end? Do you have a choice as to ending the game and starting over? I'm on the 15th generation with $136,581,106 dollars and a long time coming for that so I would hate for the game to end for this family.

Thanks in advance for any info.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Dec 31, 09 1:15 AM
Update: Well, playing time has gone 'way down, but I'm now on generation 17 and still no dragonfly. I'm beginning to think dragonflies have gone extinct. After all, this is now 340 or so years into the future...

laxn4life1234
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by laxn4life1234 on Jan 1, 10 11:15 AM
genealogyjones wrote:That dragonfly is killing me....I am on my 15th generation and still can't find it....I did have the triplets once and then she had twins and then a single on........alllll
boys........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME!

Sadii
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Sadii on Jan 1, 10 7:21 PM
the drangonfly was the first bug I found. But I still have to get most of the other bugs

Re: dragonfly

[Post New]by tim_kensington on Apr 27, 11 8:30 AM
A tip on the dragonfly. I found my first one!!! Now, I know what to look for. It is very hard to see. I found mine in the gravel by the house behind the living room. Barely visible, except for the thin blue of its body. The moth was the same way- in the gravel, with only its darker brown on the wings showing up. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by tim_kensington on Apr 27, 11 8:35 AM
I have this really dumb problem for getting one of the easier trophies- praising good behavior. I have 'praising someone putting out the stove fire' left. When I started the game, I forgot to praise them for it. Now in the 5th & 6th generation, the stove has not caught on fire since then. Has this happened to any one else All I can think of is not letting anyone turn the stove off when it has been left one. Anyone with the same problem?

Go to: