glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

suitable for what ages?

[Post New]by glamma on Aug 5, 09 7:33 AM
Has anyone bought this game? I have a 5year grandson that likes to play games but cannot read yet, would he be able to play?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:suitable for what ages?

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 5, 09 8:44 AM
I looked through some old forum threads on Big Fish about this game, and someone said that her 6-year-old grandson loves this game. There's a special kids mode where you can't lose the bubble, apparently.

Why don't you download the game and try it out and see if it's something your grandson would be able to play? I downloaded it myself, and it certainly is cute--and the regular mode for adults gets very challenging, according to reviews that I read.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 5, 09 8:59 AM
Playing kid's mode I would think that even a 3yo could enjoy it after learning which button was the one you press to play the next level, etc. The quizzes are multiple choice and if you guess wrong that answer is closed off and you get to guess again, so eventually you guess right.

r9s9e
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by r9s9e on Aug 30, 09 11:39 AM
Yes, I agree, on kids mode even three or four year olds could play it!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 1, 10 1:05 PM
Hello, A friend turned me onto this game a few days ago. She's in her 70's and told everyone she only got it for her grandkids to play.
However, she finally came clean - she plays it alot too!
So I tried it and yes, I'm going for it too, but I'll say it up front, this is for me!
Oh, and before you think it is too easy, turn off the "no-lose" kid feature and you might just be surprised.
I pay all types of games, especially the dark, spooky hidden object games, but what wonderful bright funny little game for an in-betweener!

Edit: I have now played upwards of 5 hours (inbetweener for me), and nowhere near 1/2 way yet. It does get progressively more challenging. At the beginning of each round, the fizzball is very small and moves very fast, bouncing off all the animals, causing an uproar of animal sounds. The eco-message is great. I love it! When you bounce off the animals, you either see a cute action (like the panda plops on its bottom), or hear their trademark sounds. Then there's the aliens. But don't assume it is for little kids because it is cartoonish. No matter your age, if you can enjoy a light-hearted fun, fast game and you love animals, this one is amazing.

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 3:15:42 PM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 27, 10 6:22 AM
I downloaded the trial of this game for my granddaughter but got caught up with it myself! Great fun and it looks as if I will have to buy the full version as I have a sneaky idea that I'll become hooked myself.
Love Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jul 27, 10 6:29 AM
I don't have a kid to use as an excuse..........I have to admit I got this for me. It's a great stress reliever and always makes me laugh.

Go to: