Oil Can

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Aug 11, 15 4:20 PM
I went back 6 pages and could not find anything. I can't find the oil can. The game acts like I have the oil can which gets me stuck in the candy store (not bad in reality, sucks in a game), waiting for me to oil the register to finish getting the parts. I keep looking and the oil can never appears and I have to exit the level.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Oil Can

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 11, 15 4:24 PM
I am pretty sure you are on the Candy Shop Quests, could you please write out exactly what the quest is saying so I can figure out where you are in the line of quests.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 11, 15 4:38 PM
No need to be disgruntled girl.. Life is full of wonderment if you know just what to look for in the first place.
All right so you lost the oil can for Latoya's cash register...I bet ya Tito took it too, he was never helpful in keeping much of a tune neither in that whole family. MJ was the star of the lot and look just where he is now. Sad, sad.. But as usual I digressed..
Now according to my messy notes. The oil can was available in Missouri! Try to go back there and get it back. You have learned a valuable lesson since the January update. Its the use the tool right away or lose it and have to go back... So go on back there get that tool and promptly use it on Ms. Latoya's register honey.

Now this might work this time or it may not....For sure will not work on the gloves you will be getting a quest for about level 27-28 if you can get there from here.... Just remember to let that quest stew. leave it be and do not go into the doll shop till you open Atlanta on level 32.........
Mind my words, use it or lose it... Do not tarry in between tool using quests..Get the tool and use it right away, then go on with your regular life.
p.s of all the names disgruntled and girl in the same sentence! snap outta it! LOL! let us know if going back helped so we can help others... teasing you a little bit but good luck to you and enjoy the game.

edited to add Im too long winded, our ODDLY got right thru! she is faster than my connection, that's for sure! Either way lets hope this problem works out!

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 4:46:00 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 11, 15 7:35 PM
Typing less makes for a quicker post.

Short version of Blue's warning. You are about to get a quest series called Old Friends, Fresh Memories. It will ask you to get gloves in SD however to use them you have to have Atlanta, GA open so leave the quest sitting there till you have GA open and don't go back into SD either. Once GA opens go back to the OF,FM and get the gloves and go immediately to GA and use them.

This one quest has loused up more games than we can ever know so tread carefully on this particular quest.

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 7:45:33 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 11, 15 7:41 PM
LOL!! just what she said!

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Aug 17, 15 4:27 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:I am pretty sure you are on the Candy Shop Quests, could you please write out exactly what the quest is saying so I can figure out where you are in the line of quests.

They need the cash register unlocked, it's rusted shut.

I read the above post about the gloves and I think I already got those. I've been playing the junkyard but nothing is coming up.

Man, I did not know the quests could trip you up - and people (like myself) still occasionally buy a few gold bars here and there. It's going to be pretty frustrating if I have to start over but now things are literally piling up at the candy store. I need to find the goddess doll there, I need to find a piece of the map there, I think a stamp is there.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Aug 17, 15 4:29 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Typing less makes for a quicker post.

Short version of Blue's warning. You are about to get a quest series called Old Friends, Fresh Memories. It will ask you to get gloves in SD however to use them you have to have Atlanta, GA open so leave the quest sitting there till you have GA open and don't go back into SD either. Once GA opens go back to the OF,FM and get the gloves and go immediately to GA and use them.

This one quest has loused up more games than we can ever know so tread carefully on this particular quest.

Well I know I don't have Atlanta open and I think I just got the gloves. Crap.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 17, 15 5:14 PM
The good news is....if you have to start over you are not far into the game and will make up lost ground quickly.

So let's see where you are..... <thumbing through notebooks> Looks like I was on Level 23 when there was the first hint about the cash register.

The scene open with getting the quarter for the gumball, then the oil can for the cash register, and last scene opens with hammer to break glass in cabinet.
You remember getting the quest for the oil can and going to MO to get it? Cause you use it in the same quest so it ought be open. If the quest is open then you can go back to MO for the piece ( which you say you cant). I am at a loss. You have to follow the quests- they hint at things and then you don't get the quests for a while longer.

I see that was mingled with Missing Paintings, Love problems, and Setting up the Doll house quests. I don't think you ought to be at the first Old Friends, Fresh Memories quests yet.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 17, 15 5:30 PM
<------------- Sticks out his hand, palm out and says; Spit out that gum!
Well you think or know? Did you go into S. Dakota after we told ya not to go there if you gotten the quest? Just what am I going to do with you Disgruntled? You want to graduate from disgruntled to fabulously happy? HUH? Answer me lil girl! Now we gotta do tough love girl.. You making me do it..
No lip nor sass! One roll of them eyes at me an you going down..I'm old and don't care going to jail. I'll get three squares a day, free health checks, a bed and all the books I can read. Plus back up from my peeps. yeah grandpops a thug!

1. Check to see if the glove quest has been checked off. think back did you get the quest.
2. If it has and can't see it and you are in level 29 we are in deep doo doo!
3. Don't even cry about it now.Put on them big girl pants, we are going to have to do a hard restart. we are going for a ride.
4. You got any peeps in this game can hold your stuff while you decide to restart?
5. If the answer is NO you are not only disgruntled but alone. Hit me up in PM and I Suppose against my better judgement i can take you in and help you in what to do. No sass!!

LOL all in fun and teasing you! If you do have to restart let me know and I will certainly be of help.. Thanks for the laugh, reminded me of my daughter when she was in her 20's... . I'll help ya.

did anyone see her roll her eyes at me? Im taking names!

Edited on 08/17/2015 at 5:34:05 PM PST

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Aug 17, 15 8:52 PM
Must.
Resist.
Sass.

Well it IS good to hear I'm not too far in the game. I actually do somehow have "Missing Paintings", "Love problems", "Setting up the Doll house" AND "Old Friends, Fresh Memories" all piled up at a choke point. At the candy store.

Best to start over (^_^)

I'll be honest, I've never gotten this much help in other games here. Very nice!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 18, 15 1:00 AM
good grief my pill must have worn off! I was channeling IceT. But hold the phone if you got em stacked up (for what ever reason) check to see if you got the quest for them gloves. if you do have it, level up to 32, Open Atlanta , then go back and do the quest. You will then get the quest to do the gloves. Go get em and use em quick.

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 1:00:53 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 18, 15 4:14 AM
In the beginning is it more than acceptable to have quests stacked up as you work through getting buildings upgraded and level up. You are the really fun part of the game - I had a period of total addiction of about three and a half months and all I wanted to do was go further. In hindsight, it is better to just play along as you can because at some point there is an end and by not going super fast you have more to look forward to.

There are so many things to focus on. Now I switch off between playing the countries, playing the auction a little, and just tracking what happens in the game. Within 6 weeks of playing this game, every day for a little while, for two years.

If it weren't for ART I would not be on BF and there is no other game that I really like that much. I pay my monthly subscription for the ART and nothing else. I am not into busy work in any aspect of my life - this game keeps me interested, one way of the other. This is a swell little game with much to think about and no real "correct" way of playing it other than avoiding those blessed glitches.

I really would suggest a notebook. I used a carrat to distinguish a standing quest in the flow and would put down to the right what it took to open what I needed and then clicked off what was done. Don't forget your achievement list - place you are going to get gold. Clams are a good way to fulfill that until you get an energy level of about 350 then it is time to move up to better buys.

Oh and Dis..... if you bite Blue there is a 100.000 coins in it for you. <jiggling money pouch on belt>

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 18, 15 7:22 AM
hahahaha! That's the Oddly we know and love.....Umm she'll do it to Dis! lol...umm only $100k there Odd? I'd a figured I'd be worth a bit more, how bout $250K, lol..

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 8:04:59 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 18, 15 7:06 PM
Start low... you know this.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 18, 15 7:23 PM
hahaha!

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Aug 24, 15 7:20 PM
Sadly, no thumbs up options for these great posts (^_^)

Go to: