allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Glitch?

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 11, 15 7:53 PM
I am wondering if there is a glitch in the program. I got to Level 48, and noticed there was some overlapping of the colored jewels in one corner, and unresponsive squares in the center. Has anyone else had this issue? Had to stop playing.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Glitch?

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 11, 15 9:50 PM
Yes, this happens to me sometimes if I'm playing really fast - it's a glitch that's been around for quite a while since I've seen it in JM Winter Wonderland too. Also some of the boards that have alternating chained jewels and free jewels packed closely together in a tight area tend to glitch themselves out in cascades in the same way. In my experience level 134 is really notorious for doing this. There are several ways to get around this issue:

-If you can hit the unresponsive space with a launcher it will clear the "phantom" jewel holding up that box.

-Work around the space if you can.

-Restart the board.

-On level 134, sometimes the unresponsive spaces "wake up" if you wait long enough...it just seems like a really wacky level with those chained jewels in the upper right!

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 11, 15 10:53 PM
Thanks Synthpop Addict. I am not sure what a launcher is? Is it something to buy? I am not sure how I could work around a space that is not responding, since that would not allow me to finish that level? I will try restarting the Board. I am out of money so I presume I will have to play several mini games if a launcher is an item from the shop.

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Aug 12, 15 3:38 AM
The launcher is the piece you click and it splits in two clearing the whole row.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 12, 15 5:53 AM
You can get a launcher any time you match 5 or more jewels after the first 5 or so boards. Depending on where an unresponsive piece is, if you can match jewels somewhere below that space, the jewels can move in around it, so in some cases you can still match the jewels elsewhere to keep clearing tiles, which is what I meant by "working around" the space earlier. However, I've also seen it where an unresponsive space will cause an entire section of the board to go empty, which means you have to restart the board.

There is the launcher spell to buy in the shop that randomly converts 2 or more jewels to launchers, but another of the game's idiosyncrasies is that it won't activate the launcher spell at all if the board has too many wood boxes or chained jewels in it, and it also won't typically put launchers into tight corner areas. That makes the launcher spell useful only on levels that are relatively open in shape. So instead I usually look for big jewel matches if I can and then try to strategically reposition the launchers I make.

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 12, 15 12:06 PM
ok, I know what those are. However, there is no option for a launcher in the top center box, not enough spaces...I restarted the level, no glitching on the left now with overlapping jewels, but still glitching in the top center, unless that is now part of the plan, I can not do a match 3 in some directions, and sometimes the hammer will not work on it. Getting ready to give up...sigh...I played a lot of minigames thinking that would increase my gold so I can buy more things in the shop, but the gold did not appear in the main board! Why not? Does it simply go to buying more castle parts, rather than using in the shop? Darn it!

I may have to start the whole game over, delete it, download it again, and start over....I see some people have gotten to higher levels, so it must be possible!

Darn!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 12, 15 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear you're still having an issue with level 48. I've finished the game several times despite this glitch. What I've found helps is to wait for the cascades to stop on boards where it likes to glitch itself out like this before making another move, then it's less likely that the glitch will occur. Haven't played any of the minigames since my first run through, but it would seem that the gold you earn for minigames *should* go to your gold coin collection for shop purchases.

Yes, the hammers don't work on the unresponsive spaces when they do appear, but the bomb or fireball spells might. Not sure right now...

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 13, 15 3:17 PM
Thank you, after restarting level 48 a couple of times, it suddenly became glitch free, and I am now at level 55. I appreciate someone listening to my whining...LOL

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 13, 15 4:35 PM
No worries, glad you made it past level 48. Enjoy the rest of the game!

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

well shoot...

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 28, 15 11:45 AM
I am on the third time through, and now there is no timing, no lives being lost or gained...just playing. Seems sort of boring now!

Is that just what happens after you go through several times? I am on level 33 of my third time through.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 28, 15 1:34 PM
Did you select the relaxed mode by accident? The developer fixed the issue that was in the previous JM game where a profile would get permanently stuck in one play mode and wouldn't go to any other. I've replayed this game several times both in timed and relaxed limited moves modes on my profile and haven't seen what you're experiencing.

You can completely reset the game by exiting it completely, then when you restart the game and click on the play button, pick "no" if you don't want to continue the current game. You can then switch game modes and start over from level 1.

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

relaxed mode.

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 28, 15 2:31 PM
I have been in relaxed mode the whole time I thought. That is what it always said anyway and what I initially chose. I will try switching to the other mode. Thanks again!

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

changing mode

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 28, 15 3:24 PM
hmmm...I switched to timed mode, and it is different than the first time I played it. That time, it told me how many moves I had left, and how many tiles I had left, and how many lives I had left. this time it is using an hourglass, rather than telling me how many moves left. Oh well...!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

changing mode

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 28, 15 5:01 PM
allbonnie wrote:hmmm...I switched to timed mode, and it is different than the first time I played it. That time, it told me how many moves I had left, and how many tiles I had left, and how many lives I had left. this time it is using an hourglass, rather than telling me how many moves left. Oh well...!

There are 3 different game modes. The one where it tells you how many moves you have left is relaxed limited moves mode (no timer, but you can run out of moves). Timed mode is the one with the hourglass counting down time with the goal to finish the level before the sand runs out; there are unlimited numbers of moves you can make in the time allotted otherwise. The plain relaxed mode is no timer, no moves counter and you just play until you've finished the board. It sounds like you played the game in relaxed limited moves mode the first time through, which I found was the most challenging and my personal favorite. Timed mode is fun, but the timer was generous enough for me at least that I didn't find it very hard.

In all the game modes it will always tell you how many tiles you have left up at the top of the game board. Hope that clarifies things.

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 30, 15 11:29 AM
As usual, you have the answers! Now, in this new mode, with the hourglass...
I am stuck at level 31. I have about 15 lives, but have used a lot of gold to buy things that are not working. I have an amulet stuck above a wall, and below the wall is one of those bright spaces that do not let anything in until you take certain actions. The hammer is not working on the wall, the bright space, and not on the amulet. I have had launchers go through there, and the bright space stays unresponsive. Should I perhaps just start that level over? If I am allowed that choice?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 30, 15 1:27 PM
Glad I was able to help. I can't pull the boards up on demand so I don't know what level 31 looks like right now, but did you try using the bomb on the area the amulet is stuck upon? Want to say it's not possible to use a spell directly on an amulet itself, but if it's one of those wood boxes getting in the way, the bomb will always clear out the wood boxes and also any empty gold spaces that might be around the wood which weren't filling in due to the wood box.

The hammers sometimes work on wood boxes, sometimes not...it depends on the specific level (I did the trial/error thing with each board). But don't use the third level hammer that breaks all of one color on wood boxes. They didn't make the game *that* easy!

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 30, 15 6:22 PM
ok, I do not have any bombs....maybe too expensive. I may have to give up a few lives and collect more money!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 31, 15 11:47 AM
Might be better to restart the board if you're still stuck since that won't cost you a life unlike running out of time or moves. I found the small bomb, small fireball, small chain lightning, and medium hammer were the most useful things in the game. Upgrading the spells past medium is mostly a waste of coins and takes too much time to charge up the mana for the large spells to be used in a lot of cases.

allbonnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by allbonnie on Aug 31, 15 6:25 PM
By a complete accident, I suddenly got a vertical launcher! That cleared up the problem, and I finished the board. Hard to get those...This level is still easier than the first level I played, which was the one counting the tiles left and the moves left. In this one, with the hourglass, I have lots of money and lives now.

Go to: