eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

Re:Midnight News-Call to Arms-Surviving Chaos

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 7:35 AM
As I untangle myself from under a TON of Fur and wipe Fang droll off my chin I watch every one stroll away with I am betting my words and what I told them in there heads.
I think like me it is going to take some time to sink in.
Mean while I ask PFC Penny to please tell Alya I will join you soon I should be there by lunch .
I look at Dandydog who is standing in awe , I motion for her to come meet my gang, she hesitates not knowing to come or run for her life.
I say come on it is okay they look scary but as you can see they are all sweethearts unless you mean harm to any of us and that now includes you.
I watch her take a few tender slow steps and stops dead in her tracks as Stump holds up his trunk to smell her followed by Blossom then Cherry poor pup is sniffed
from head to toes and Blossom wraps her trunk around Pups waist , don't be afraid she is telling you you are accepted, Pup jumps and scream as Fang wraps his huge Paws around her foot and trys to drag her away,,, I laugh he must smell Flash on you and wants to play he is still a baby you see, Pup looks at Fang all 500 lbs. of him and says still a baby ????????? OMG you kidding me. nope look at Blossom she is only two years old . it is okay Pup you will get used to there size.
Okay now Dandydog meet Blossom , her baby Cherry, my lill boy Stump and of course Fang our Saber Tooth Tiger now all say hello to Dandydog who I nicknamed Pup They all greet her in there own way after I say see you are official now you will met the rest of the critters and the Dragons later , you have a lot to meet and see so a little at a time okay . mean while I want you to write down what I asked you for about your new Home your Cottage so I can give it to the boys to start work on but you will stay in the Guest Cottage till your new home is built , you will find pen and papers in the desk ,
I reach in the hiding place where Flash is and ruffle her ears and say now you take care of Mamma okay and I will bring you a treat later ************ PURRRRRRRR MEOW*********
I say to Imp do you want to go back to my Cottage and have some tea or would you rather go to The Mess Hall and have a cup there?

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 7:40:00 AM PST

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 21, 17 9:08 AM
Listening to what all the MG has gone through makes my head fuzzy.... I know Smoke told me the MG was having adventures of his own, but his experiences were way over the top as far as adventures go..... in my opinion.... I have no doubt he's glad to be HOME!!!!!!!!!!

I am curious about dandydog, and watch her as she is swarmed by the MG's "pets".... I try not to laugh, I remember all too well my own first time experiences with them..... Particularly with meeting a PINK mammoth (Sol closing my mouth so as not to catch flies)... though, getting used to Fang's ginormous teeth helped me acclimate to Smoke's continuous use of toothy grins.... I know what I would like my first question to her to be: Soooooo, did your mom and dad name you dandydog?.... My guess would be no, and since I get that that is not the most polite thing I could ask, I'll let her tell the origin of her name in her own time.... I do like the nickname "Pup"... and chuckle inwardly as I can SO relate to seeing everything here for the first time.... though Fang did not try to drag me off .... I would not have considered that "playful" but an attempt to snack on my bones at his leisure.... I would be screaming, too!!!!!!

The MG, as USUAL, is nonchalant about the whole thing.... he's so used to RARE creatures, the expansive collection of so MANY rare creatures in one place is lost on him..... as if to say: come meet my little buddies, when there is NOTHING ..little .. about most of his "buddies"....

The MG turns to me and asks where we should have some tea... sure, I want to read my mom's letters... BUT... I'd also like to get to know more about dandydog and what the plans are for the camp's near future.... I tell him the Mess Hall sounds great, besides, I'm sure Opel has something wonderful cooking in the kitchen to celebrate our MG's return....

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 9:44 AM
Mess Hall it be and I will tell you all I know about Dandydog or Pup as I call her and I am sure she will fill you in on the rest of her story, because I do not know that much about her except she can be an excellent PUT PUT driver** whispers** when I stop adding new du dads to it and don't tell her.
OHWEEEEEEEEEE you should have seen some of the wheelies she did when I added the rocket pack it was hilarious but not to her lol took her a week to wipe the lips to ears grimace of her face but she is a darling bubbly very curious to learn about any thing and any one.
Speaking of look who is lickity splinting it to us .
A small cloud of dusk swirls around Pup as she stops huffing and puffing.
Where's the fire Pup ?? I ask to that she goes beet red *** did I mention she blush's easily ??***
Sorry Cap but I finished my plans and wanted you to see it if that is alright , sure thing Pup lets see it.
You two gals chew the fat while I read this...
I would love to have the following if that's alright?

1.) Log Cabin Please...With 2 bedrooms, (1 cozy bedroom for when Guests drop by love it when they do.) 1 Medium size living, dining room combined plus kitchen at the end. Maybe with a stone Pizza oven? (I do really love to make from scratch Pizza's for everyone to enjoy!) ...Two large stone Fire Places, one in the living room and the other in Flashes and mine bedroom to keep us nice and warm. Speaking of Flash, could we please have small Flash size ramps for beside our queen size bed and others to be placed by all windows with extra wide window sills so she can peek out or sun herself on. Two bathrooms please, with a claw foot tub in the Masters with a Rain Shower overhead in case a certain "MG" orders us Troopers to get "Cleaned an Dressed" snappy like! Plus all other old fashion bathroom features too.... A small enclosed private area for Flash to do her business in would be nice.

2.) Instead of a room for Flash, could we please put in a special around the ceiling track enclosed in netting so that she can run around above us to her hearts content . The "climbing tree" can be place in an, out of the way corner giving her access to her "above us" race course."

3.) Do you remember the Leather Chair in the "Christmas Room" I would love to have that sort of furniture through out my log cabin with lots of soft cozy rugs to keep our Toesies nice and warm.

Edited on 10/21/2017 at 10:02:41 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 21, 17 9:57 AM
4.) As for Paint colors...Sigh....I would like the outside trim painted light Cream. Flash and mine bedroom in a soft rose with cream ceiling and trimmings. All the other rooms will not be painted but left "all natural."

5.) The workrooms sound perfect to me...Thank you very much!

Well that is a great plan there Pup just one thing about the Pizza Oven we all have fireplaces and wood burning pot belly stoves to make tea and small things so if you
to make Pizza's for every one I can talk to Opel and arrange for you to have one day a week in her Kitchen to make the Pizza's but I warn you she is a hard sale and you think Mrs Fletcher was a monster about her kitchen she is NO match for Opel she runs that Mess Hall with an Iron fist right Imp lol so I will see what she says then hand this over with the corrections to the boys so they can get started okay ?
Okay lets go get some Tea and I smell something wonderful coming from The Mess Hall that will be Opel at her finest YUM YUM
The three of us head to that wonder aroma coming from The Mess Hall.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by nerlinaza on Oct 22, 17 5:13 AM

Edited on 10/22/2017 at 9:06:41 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 22, 17 10:17 AM
We arrive at the Mess Hall and my brow furrows , it is empty???
Where is everyone??
I can smell the food but where is everyone and more so where is Opel??
I hear someone yell HEY CAP CAN YOU LEND ME A HAND OUT BACK??
I go followed by Pup and Imp and when I open the door veryone screams
WELCOME HOME MG GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK
I almost wet me self lol at a shock and surprise Opel had a pig roasting over a pit
A couple chickens on an other pit, Huge pot of corn on the cob bubbling away with green beans , cabbage, potatoes in foil in the BBQ ,she even had a salad bar set up
and ole Salty himself had set up a bar with every drink you can think of and he came over with an ice cold glass filled with my special Honey Rum.
I stood there shocked red faced but pleased as punch so I raised my glass and said
I do not know what to say other than thank you to the most wonderful group and critters am man could ever be blessed with CHEERS,
I look for Pup and see her hiding behind Imp this is a lot for her in her first hours here
but this way she will met everyone and all the Critters who are all eating there fill as well
Opel came up to me and we stood there just looking at each other until finally she grabbed me and hugged the stuffing out of me then I felt her tears on my shoulder
I hugged her harder and say there there my beauty I am home and heard her sob even harder and say dang you to H*** I thought ole Opel had done gone lost her favorite MG I missed you so much we all did with all the critters and everyone mopping around it was hard here now do not ever do that to ole Opel agin ya hear me jounin or I will has to put a wijjie on you and it will no be nice and ya knows ole Opel here kin does it.
I laugh and say not to worry Opel luv MG learned his lesson no more wondering with out my Amulet.
Opel I have a new friend for you to meet and a new recruit to boot,,, Pup come here,, Dandydog aka Pup meet the world famous Opel our world's best cook, and as I look at Pup her brow is raise and I say yes Pup even better than Mrs Fletcher and that is NOT an insult for you see Opel here is from The Island of Jamaica so we get the best of both worlds.
Pup says so pleased to meet you Miss Opel and gets oh land snakes lill one calls me Opel like everyone else and you tell Opel here if you has any special diet okay and whip it up to you.
Now who in Hatis is Mrs.Fletcher and where she be?
I laugh all yous Pup fill Opel in.
Opel huge Ebony arm grabs Pup and off they go ..........

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 23, 17 11:52 AM
Once everyone had a full plate, Ayla and I head over to the MG. "May we join you sir." At his nod, we took our seats and began enjoying the wonderful feast Opel managed to whip up. Ayla kept her eye on her surroundings and waited until the last fork and knife had found a spot on the empty plate.

"You wished to know about my journey." he gave her encouraging smile so she continued. " As you know we are a race of mostly women but we do have the need of children. Well in the last two years, there has only been male children born to us and our elders are becoming quite concerned." After taking a last sip of tea she finished her story. " Our seer believes that help will be found in the east but I was given no other information. I was told that I would know when I found what I was seeking. All she said was to look for the Wise One."

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 23, 17 12:30 PM
I look deeply into Alya eyes and say that is understandable to be worried and your Elders have a reason to be worried for if I remember my folk lore all male children born to your tribe are not true warriors them being of such small stature ( compared to the women) but used as workers and to reproduce and keep the blood line alive.
It is nothing to be ashamed of for the males example Our Golden Queen and her Mate
are the only ones that can breed .
So you see Alya I understand and I think I have good news for you concerning your journey for you see it is the same as ours here.
See the Wise One is the Golden Queens Mate who was ( we still do not know how) captured by Murk and his uggly brat Arabella and is under Murk's mind control .
When I found and released the Queen she relieved all of this to me seems her Majesty and my self have a very strong contention that I have been told will be told to me when the time is right.
The Queen feels Him but as soon as she get a bead on His location Murk moves Him.
But we will find Him and release Him back to His Mate The Golden Queen but there is one piece of the puzzle missing and it has to do with Imp and I am sorry I can not say more on that matter but all will become clear very soon.
Now we have a few loose ends to tie up and then we will be ready to find and release The Wise One, now I offer our help if you would like to join us in your journey , I do not mean that as an insult for I know of your powers as a warrior but
we can join as one and be a very very strong force and you know we know all about The Trolls The Gnomes and the Hounds From H*** for we have faced them many times and won several time and at times paid a price but that makes us all the more determine to win this Evil war.
So I offer you our help in this journey but please understand if you say no I will understand.
The choice is entirely up to you but we would be pleased and honored if you accept.

Edited on 10/23/2017 at 12:33:41 PM PST

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 24, 17 5:28 PM
How sad I thought, it would be a shame if they didn't find help. It could mean the end for a group of amazing women. I wondered what she would say, I knew she was a very independent person and we didn't have to wait long. She got to her feet and the people around us stifled a gasp when she reached behind and drew her sword. Hitting her chest with her fist, she laid her weapon on the table. Nothing more needed to be said, the gesture said it all. She was in.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 25, 17 10:41 AM
I almost hugged this amazing woman but restrained myself, for she would most likely go into defense mod and think I was going to attack her so I refrained .
I smiled at her and I Salute her and removed my Sai and placed it it across her sword and had to smile to myself my Sai looked like a tooth pick across a huge butchers knife but she had no idea the power it held.
Thank you and welcome warrior Alya we are honored to be by your side and together complete both of our Journeys and our mission.
Alya would you join me beside Rosie, and Imp I have something to say and do.
PFC Penny step forward,,,,,, she does so slowly not knowing what is going to happen or what I am going to do
She reached me and snaps a smart Salute that I return.
I nod to Rosie and she hands me a box she has been keeping for me.
I remove the stripes and present them To PFC Penny,, PFC Penny I am honored and proud to change your standing to Sargent Penny for your outstanding devotion to duty and this Camp congratulation SRG Penny,,, you will now be in charge of the lower troopers.
We all snap to attention and Salute our newest SRG. well done Penny well done.
okay everyone we have work to do .... Troops and critters on patrol around the Camp anything out of place report to SRG penny.
Boys you have Dandydogs plans for her new home?? they all say yes at the same time , good get to it take Blossom, Stump and Fang to help you with the heavy stuff and I am sure Sol and Mr T will pitch in for a price not Cherry she is still to young.
I hug Blossom and say keep an eye on them for me girl .
Rosie gal keep an eye on Cherry and the others while I talk to Imp and before I forget could you chip Cherry and Flash for me please? oh and could you make sure that Alya and Dandydog get there Amulets and make sure everyone at Camp has theirs on .
Rosie Salutes and says SAR and goes to her duties ( what would I do without that woman)
Okay Imp it is time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We head to my cottage Imp clutching her Mother's letter,,,,
We reach my Cottage and see The Golden Queen , Jewel,, Brulee and Frost two on each side of my cottage I bow to her Majesty and say thank you My Queen for the added protection .
Imp and I enter my cottage and I can see her shaking already even though she walks ram rod straight I can see her fighting her knees not to buckle.
Sit Imp please I will make us some tea but you can start to read your Mother's letter if you do not want to wait,, I put my hand on her shoulder ,,,,,,,,,

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 25, 17 4:20 PM
I walk to the back of the Mess Hall with Pup and the MG and am thrilled to see everyone there and in their typical festive mood.... Elves, humans, the Brownies, and critters all decked out with their biggest, brightest smiles with laughter, loud enough to wake the dead..... I sense Pup behind and don't blame her one bit.... I smile at her and give her a side hug of encouragement.... The MG proceeds to introduce Pup to some of the camp and I go grab a plate of Opel's food.... I see Smoke and Fang have been given huge ham bones and are racing to see who can devour their bone the fastest.... I am reminded how glad I am that they are on OUR side as I briefly watch them attack the bones with fierce determination to be first....

I sit across from Penny and Ayla and listen to Ayla's brief tale..... She is a woman of few words, so I hang on each one with extreme curiosity.... My ears perk up at the mention of the Wise One... and my golden tattoo around my right wrist tingles.... I have no doubt the Queen is just as curious as I am where this will lead... I nod along in agreement with what the information the MG relays and am pleased when Ayla agrees to join us for whenever we embark on our next expedition....

I rise to join Ayla and Rosie and watch as the MG promotes our Penny to the rank of Sargent .... I am THRILLED for her!!!!!!!! ... I even join in saluting her though, technically, I probably shouldn't.. still... it's just too tempting .... I smother my giggle and grin from ear to ear..... I can't wait to call her, SAR!!! I don't know what the Queen wants for our future, I suppose I should ask her....

I breath out a sigh as I realize, my future could be in my hands and reach for my mother's letter.... I hear the MG say it's time and we head over to his cottage.... I see the dragons guarding the entrance to the MG's cottage and feel anxious as the weight of my destiny looms before me.... I sit in the chair turning the envelope over and over.... I bite my bottom lip hard enough to make it bleed... Do I want to know?...

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
645 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 26, 17 4:06 AM
"Crackle"..."pop"...."crackle" ..."pop"..."pop"...(No dear Friends, its not Rice Krispy time, now please pay attention! ) As the warmth of my newly & beautifully constructed "Stone Fireplace's Fire"... plus....the effects of a resplendently full tummy filled with Opel's fabulous feast, (I've really gotta get some of her recipes for Mrs Fletcher cause boy are they Good!")....I start to drift off into a Twilight sleep with Flash curled up cozy-like on my lap.... ....Soon my dreams start to create their own visions of what,..... "May come to past?"......And how my Compatriots under MG's strong Command and Leadership we defeat and conquer Evil Muck...No!...that's not right!...It's "Murk" not Muck...Gotta remember that.. ...and His uggly brat Arabella who.... might be.. or might not be... under Murks influence...hmmmmm....file that one under,.."Question's to ask MG when he's not busy."... ...Then, my dreams begin to focus on horrible scene's in which our Golden Queens own Mate "Wise One" was taken from Her side by the hideous Fiends also under Murks influence... .. ..Also... awful, horrible thoughts of My Precious Flash who Evil Gnomes and Trolls went about gravely and viciously injuring Her... came to me...It was during this "Extreme Anger" period dear Friends.... that my normally "Cute Widdle Puppy Dog" appearance... ... started to change... with first....My soft Brown Eyes...becoming an Iridescent All Seeing Blue!.... ..... Next,....My normal Doggy Teeth started to elongate becoming more like MG's Fangs with very sharp points at their tips. My body too had changed becoming more We're Wolf like in appearance!.. ...As my Dream like visions started to fade away, my body became Hound Dog like once more. Could this "Change" only happen each time "Fierce Anger" enter my brain pushing my normally Sweet Nature... ...aside? Only time.. ...will tell ........

Edited on 10/26/2017 at 4:33:25 AM PST

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 26, 17 7:02 AM
I make up my mind to rip off the seal of the envelope as if ripping off a band aid.... The wording inside is gracefully written making me wonder if my mother had higher learning or some artistic ability... I wonder if my mother would be ashamed of my chicken scratching attempts to write and blush in embarrassment ..... the letter begins:

Dear Gamen,

If you are reading this letter, it's because your father and I can not be there to guide you ourselves.... When you were born, you were marked by my Queen Dragon and myself to one day become a dragon rider... There is a tiny black dragon under your chin as proof of your calling.... The Pern Council will have been given express instructions on how to raise you and to teach you the ways of the dragons... My handmaiden, Kayla, is charged with your immediate care, and being a dragon rider herself, she will take you with her on her rides so you will learn not to be afraid.

At this point, I drop the letter in my lap to take the tea the MG offers me.... Just this one paragraph has me pondering who the Pern Council is ... are they alive?.... Is Kayla still alive? .... I hear the Queen stirring in the back of my mind....

{The Thread attack that killed your parents, also killed several members of the Council as well as Kayla and her dragon} ... the Queen lets this information sink in while I sip my tea..... I think of the General and Brulee, Kacey and Jewel and wish the women were here.... At least we still have our MG and Frost.... this is wonderful... but... I miss a mother figure.... though, the MG is sensitive and allows himself to express emotions....I feel guilty putting him in the spot of having to play both the mother and father figures in my life....

I sit back in the chair as the Queen, once again, fills my head with her own memories of my parents, flying, the Thread attacks... Sweat starts to form on my brow and soon the hair on the back of my neck is soaking wet at the stress from watching scene after scene of perilous thread attacks unfolding in my mind.... The Queen, sensing my distress, stops the images to give me time to process what I've seen and heard....

My hand shakes as I put the tea down on the table, so I can cover my head and eyes with both hands.... I lay my head on my knees to help steady my breathing .. will this be my future?

Edited on 10/26/2017 at 7:04:34 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 26, 17 11:38 AM
I rush over to Imp and hold her afraid she is going to fall off her chair.
I am trying to clear my own head because I was seeing the same thing in my mind as Imp was.
I shudder can this be true that we three can link like this?
I hold Imp's hands and notice the scar's you can barely see under the Dragon tattoos .I am thankful The Queen stopped when she did .
Imp has a hard enough time trying to block out a lot of the horrific memories of when she was a baby the torture she went through when she was capture and watching her adopted parents who raised her parish and fall into the hands of the Trolls.
But she does have flash's of her crawling as a baby towards the Hatching pen and Kayla stopping her because that is where The Queen lays her eggs 50 to 60 at a time but she remembers one day she sneaked past Kayla and got very close to the eggs and one stated to hatch she could see the Golden head , another Golden Queen??
She then felt a connection but was whisked away by and angry Kayla .
Who was that egg??
I must talk to the Queen I am confused and need to know what this means.
I say to Imp are you okay?? she shakes her head , I have to speak to the Queen it is urgent will you be okay while I speak to her I will leave the door open so you can see us.
She shudders as if a cold wind blows over her nut nods she will okay ,
I am so sorry Imp but I will not be long nor far away , I watch her rub her wrists where the tattoos are and seem to be glowing.

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 27, 17 9:40 AM
I look at the stripes in my hand and don't really know how I feel about it. Sure it's a nice gesture and all but I don't know whether I really want the responsibility of it all. I'm not really a military person, wasn't trained most of my knowledge is self taught by necessity but I did find I had a knack for the bow and I have a pretty decent throwing arm.

I followed the MG and Imp at a distance, my head in the clouds thinking and I tripped over Mr. T. Didn't even see him at my side but apparently I veered out of my lane. So I'm on my stomach, the rest of me arched over his hard shell I turn my head to look into his surprised eyes and point. "Home, James!" It took a while but it did give me time to think things over.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 28, 17 1:09 PM
I think I have calmed poor Imp down enough that I can leave her for a few minutes to talk to The Golden Queen.
I say to Imp I shall not be gone long and the door will be open so you can see us and you have your Amulet so all is good lill one.
As I go out the door making sure to leave it open and see that Brulee, Jewel , and The Queen are still beside my Cottage but where is Frost he should have been back by now looking for that sad sack of feathes PTG calls his pet Owl yeah right some pet he makes, does not know his left from his right his bottom from his top .
Just looking at those roiling eyes and hearing that insistent HOOK HOOK can drive you batty.
I stop and speak to Frost== FROST loyal one,, did you find that sack of feathers yet??
* Yes Rider* but he is in the chapel again and having a staring contest with that Cobra
Well the Cobra and the pasta not sure what one.
I think @#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&* nothing changes with those slightly insane inmates and there pets in The Mirror MC and that means god only knows WHAT they are up to seeing PTG's hooty Owl did NOT deliver my note.
Frost you have to wake him from whatever he is doing give him the note for PTG because you can not do it sorry loyal one I mean yes you could deliver it but you would have to dissolve a small hole in that dome but you would not know where PTG is so I need that Owl to deliver it.
Do what you have to do Frost short of Frezzing that sack of feathers I must talk to the Queen.
As I head towards The Queen I see Mr T with Srg Penny on her belly across his huge shell ????????????
She try's to Salute but it looks like she is on a rocking horse and almost falls off.
We speak via Amulet ,, you okay Sargent??
Yes Sar just gathering my thoughts on if you made a good decision by promoting Sar I am not sure I am ready for such responsibility and really not sure I can do it,,
If I was not 100% sure you where the one for the job you would still be PFC besides you have Rosie Gal to help you you will be fine and besides your job is fun you get to boss the troops around by giving them there assignments sent to you by Rose and myself so you see piece of cake.
Sorry I do have to meet with the Queen.

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 29, 17 7:26 AM
(OCC: Today marks the 2 month Anniversary of Robyn's/Apollo's passing.... The following story line is in her honor. )

As I sit with my head in my hands, a sense of dread comes over me unrelated to my mother's letter.... The hair raises on the back of my neck and I shiver from sudden chills ..... I slip out the front door in hopes that a quick walk will clear my head..... The cool breeze and fresh air does nothing to stop the dark clouds that form in my mind... something is very definitely wrong... My heart beats faster, my palms sweat, the pit of my stomach rolls over bringing bile to the back of my throat... and then, far off in the distance, I hear a high pitched tortured howl of a dire wolf... followed by another high pitched howl that is closer... as I stare off into the distance trying to see where the howls are coming from, I hear the Queen...

{Gamen}... the Queen's voice is barely a whisper and full of concern.. {Prepare yourself}..... My heart beats faster, and loud enough, I can hear it.... the chain reaction of howls gets closer and closer....

I feel Smoke trembling beside me... his eyes huge and filled with sorrow.... his mouth opens, his whole body convulses and the most heartbreaking tortured scream erupts from his very soul..... He crumbles to the ground, I grab his neck and we fall into a heap as I bury my face into his fur.... <my mistress>... the pain so deep, the words strangled ... refusing to accept reality....

It is our Apollo.... and she is gone..... I am in shock and denial, this can NOT be!!!!!!!! That's IMPOSSIBLE.... My amulet being opened, the camp knows what has happened.... The Queen comes to our side and places a wing around us attempting to give comfort where no amount of comfort can fill the sudden void in our hearts....

(OCC: more to follow but the story is paused here to give the other writers a chance to express their feelings)

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,676 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 29, 17 11:11 AM
The link between the Queen is suddenly broken as we both hear a heart wrenching
heart shattering howl from a Dire Wolf and hear the tortured heartbreaking scream come from Smoke.
What?? NO NO NO NO I scream as I hear what The Queen has relieved to Imp that our beloved Apollo is gone?? NO NO this can not be true .
She was safe with The Elven Clan on a recon what happened?? why did they not protect her??
I can not will not accept this .
I scream at the top of my lungs over a breaking heart APOLLO ANSWER ME AS I ALMOST CRUSH MY AMULET.
PLEASE PLEASE MY BRAVE WARRIOR TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE.
My heart shatters in a million pieces and hot tears flow like a river even the air is still and heavy with emptiness.
I can not move I can not see all I hear is my heart breaking sobs I must get to Imp and Smoke but I can not move .
After what seems like hours but is only minutes I crawl to where Imp and Smoke are I can not see them due to my tears and can barely make out The Queen she has covered them with her huge wings and as I touch her she opens one to gather me in... I reach for Imp and Smoke and hear there heart breaking sobs and the whimper coming from Smoke refills my eyes with more tears is enough to ripe out what is left of my heart..........

**** OCC*****
Gohill thank you for posting this and allowing us to post here to keep our beloved Apollo/Robyn forever alive in our heart and thoughts.
I was struggling all day as in what to post for this is still to painful to accept but as you and I have vowed Robyn will always be with us guiding us with her spirit

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,172 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 29, 17 12:20 PM
I'm attempting to making a list of everything that happened while the MG was off in the mirror world. Luckily when he went missing I started to keep a log of the camp's activities, army and civilian, but it was a very long list. I never expected to take over with no warning, and I've been keeping my nose to the grindstone ever since hoping to hand it all back to Cap in at least as good condition as when he left.

The howling of wolves breaks in on my concentration, and I realize soon enough that they're Dire wolves. I don't need to hear Imp's cry over the amulet to realize that someone important to the wolves and us has gone. But, Apollo? Our scout, the one who could outfight almost anything living, and some not? There's not much that could have taken her down when she was still human, and now as a half-Elven being fighting with them......I don't understand. What kind of evil magic can bring an Elven war party to their knees? I gasp and realize I stopped breathing. And now, I remember "our" Apollo, the one whose uniform was buckskins, who prized her independence so much she preferred a tree house to a regulation cabin, the one who so enjoyed her sparring with the Elves when they visited. Our friend, and loved one. My thoughts go numb as my heart fills with pain.

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 29, 17 6:26 PM
Mr. T and I had just closed the cabin door when the howling began. I usually try to NOT to listen to what goes on in my head, especially when it doesn't concern me but this was something that caught my immediate attention. Without thinking, I sit down thankfully my trusted friend is still close. Shocked, I can't believe it I said to Tuttles, it's got to be a mistake. It seemed like just yesterday that she showed me some tracking methods and I just trimmed the vines going up her treehouse. I figured she be back. Now what will we do. Slowly standing, I walked to the window not really seeing anything but when my eyes cleared, I noticed the Queen open her wing to let the MG in. She gently closed it around the two shielding them from sight. I don't know how long I stood there watching the trio, there was nothing I could do to lighten their grief so I slowly moved to the fire and picked at the burning logs. With a heavy heart, I sat on my chair, covered my face with my hands and let the tears fall.

Ayla stood at the stable door, she knew something had happened but not knowing she asked a passing worker. She was told that the best tracker in camp was no longer with us. She hadn't met Apollo but she had heard enough to know that she would have made a great Amazon Warrior. She opened one of her saddlebags and began marking her body with symbols to show respect to a fallen Warrior. She walked out to join the rest of the camp in mourning, her large sword laid across her rune covered arm softly reciting a ceremonial chant.

Go to: