Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 13, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/13/2015 at 4:53:30 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 13, 15 4:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 13, 15 5:00 AM
I was interested in purchasing this game, but will wait to see if others are having the same issues as I. I experienced severe lags, and black screens, and a wonky cursor. If it's only me, then perhaps I can tweak things to make it work.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Aug 13, 15 5:11 AM
The game completely shut my computer down in the first HOG scene.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Aug 13, 15 6:50 AM
The game completely shut my computer down in the first HOG scene.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit .

I will never [u] waste my download budget, nor my time on this developers games again. No matter how much I want the game.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 13, 15 8:06 AM
I am running on Windows 7, 64 bits, no trouble at all..

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Aug 13, 15 9:36 AM
Also having the same problems. The first time I went into the game and it had just started it got stuck and I had to close my computer down and restart. The second time its extremely slow, black screen and lagging. What a waste of time. ERS are well known for this.

Any ideas anyone?

[Post New]by lucilu2012 on Aug 13, 15 9:53 AM
Glad I'm not the only one with problems. Have tried playing it 3 times already ... screen freezes and had to restart my PC three times. By the time, I got to play it, it said I only had 23 minutes to play. Tried again and again my PC froze and I just uninstalled it. What is up with these games lately? There is always something wrong.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 13, 15 9:53 AM
Tweaked with no result. Another ERS game that doesn't work right. I'm giving up on this developer, I think. Too many games with too many problems. If I can't even play the demo, I'm hardly going to purchase the game. In the trash can with this one.

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Aug 13, 15 10:12 AM
I bought this game and it will not even open up to start the game at all. It came up with some stupid error code too. I uninstalled & reinstalled the game 2 times and still the same. I think I wasted my money on this game too. With is wrong with ER games lately. It seems that there games do not want to play at all. BF Tech, also can you please stop putting up the same answer you always put up in just a push at a button? Can't you start writing to all of us to give all of us a direct answer of why these games to do want to even open up to play? So as a BF Member please help all of us on this matter instead of the same stuff you all been putting up. Now I don't even have a game to play for today or maybe not even tomorrow. You all always think it is our problems with our PC/Mac Computers as it has to do with the game or even it is coming from your end. So stop blaming it on all of us.

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Aug 13, 15 11:17 AM
Yes we shouldnt have to keep closing our computers down, installing, uninstalling etc. I thought that since I pay a monthly amount to BF this sort of error shouldnt be happening.

I agree that I probably wont even try the demo of an ERS game again. Just too much stress. Its obviously not all our computers so BF should do something about this.

Dont ever buy a game you havnt tried the demo for. Im sure im not the only one wondering if BF is worth is any more.

[Post New]by katzpawz on Aug 13, 15 12:51 PM
YES - BF is definitely still worth it!!! Right now developers everywhere are having trouble with the advent of Windows 10 - many, many things are off kilter and a little wonky. Don't worry - it will all settle down and work out in time. You always have the option of going back to Windows 7 and "waiting out the storm".

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Aug 13, 15 1:11 PM
Just to report this: I have Windows 7 and game crashed during a transition from one area to another during the demo. No help needed. I will uninstall and look forwward to the next more innovative game. Watch out, ERS...there is competition galore! I'm kind of tired of the kings & castles anyway.

[Post New]by Melatonine on Aug 13, 15 1:49 PM
I also have windows 7 and the game crashed twice, had to restart my computer.
I'm going to remove the game now and wait fot another game without problems.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 13, 15 2:18 PM
Seems as if many of you think, it is just this dev, whose game are glitchy. Well, this is not the case. We have games of other great devs, where we find updates all the time. In most cases the causes are time lags between scenes, shaky cursors etc. All of these are mostly problems in memory. Games have become very large files, consuming fast amounts of memory - but this is, what we wanted: colorful games full of special effects and actions.

On the other hand, devs feel forced to bring out games faster than years ago due to market demands. So glitches happen - which is no excuse but a possible explanation.

With this game I am on the lucky side - no tech issues.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Aug 13, 15 3:17 PM
I have windows 10 and am having a lot of lagging and stops. I like the game but think I will wait and see if a fix arrives.

[Post New]by mad4football on Aug 13, 15 4:18 PM
Same problem for me. At first, it froze as the gargoyle flew away (not responding). Shut the game down and now it won't run at all. Just keep getting the message that a game is currently running. It finally stopped and 10 minutes of the demo had been used up, but not with me playing it!! Using Windows 7, but I don't think this problem has anything to do with operating system. Too many games now have an update very soon after they come out. Why can't the devs sort these problems out right from the start and save us wasting bandwidth having to download the same game twice. ERS are not the only devs with these issues, and recently, I've been considering cancelling my monthly payment to BF. Just not enough CE's worth it. They are all much of a muchness and too many playing issues. Going to try the game again, but if the same thing happens, going to delete and give up on ERS games altogether from now on

[Post New]by mad4football on Aug 13, 15 4:26 PM
That's it. Just tried the game for a third time. It refused to start, then told me my trial was over. Consigned game to waste bin without even getting a chance to find out what it was like.Totally disgusted with these tech issues. I would rather devs take some time to issue a proper working game than us fishies having to go through all this hassle.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by schuldi on Aug 13, 15 4:28 PM
I also had the game freeze and when I re-booted, the screen went black. Tried re-booting and then just uninstalled. Had 73 minutes left. Really wanted to buy it.

I re-installed it, it is shaky, plays but I am afraid to buy it.

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 6:32:12 AM PST

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Aug 13, 15 5:58 PM
Screen freeze, slow loading of screens..definitely tech issues. need revisions..will wait to purchase until resolved..

Go to: