Pirates Day Mystery?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Pirates Day Mystery?

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 13, 15 9:42 PM
I've been thinking and would like your take on this.. (let me lay out some background first)..

The known facts...

1. The achievement for Pirates Day says " Decorate the Towns with Pirate Day Buildings"

2. There are 31 slots open on that achievement

3.Total number of buildings (including the AES compound is 31)

4. In order to complete the AES museum buildings you need to have wallpaper (157 pieces)

5. Wallpaper is located in Spain, which is currently locked

6. According to BZ, Spain will be opened during Pirates Day

7. Wallpaper drops only 1-2 per round on avg. (all modes, if I remember correctly)

8. To customize a building to Pirate Theme took 125 (or so) hrs. or roughly 5 days

(ok.. stay with me..)

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Pirates Day Mystery?

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 13, 15 9:50 PM
That's a long time to update each building, right?

Based on the above facts/assumptions... that would mean..

1. If kept to the original build (based on past promises).. the AES/Plane quests would have been released in the beginning of August.
----- otherwise you wouldn't even be close to being able to use wallpaper in Spain or being able to customize the museum to Pirate

2. If Pirates Day is in September and Spain opens then.. it'll take some time to acquire 157 pieces of wallpaper to satisfy all the buildings.

3. Add to that the 5 day timeline for customization..

So, to hopefully get to my mystery or question..

Given all the above.. HOW LONG WILL PIRATES DAY LAST?

-- You'd need enough time for the customization right? So...

HOW MANY QUESTS DO YOU THINK WE"LL GET A DAY?

-- Logically we'd have to be able to open Spain, finish the museum compound, customize etc..

I wonder if we hadn't started so early (meaning the Jan. update) would people have been able to finish Pirates Day, if it was released on the original timeline?

I can't figure out how we'd be able to accomplish this achievement with the normal 15-16 event timeline.. thoughts?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 13, 15 10:08 PM
I don't think we have to accomplish that achievement by the end of Pirate's Day. I'm guessing Pirate's Day just triggers that achievement to start acknowledging the customizations.

There's 44 quests for the event so I think it will last at least 21 days and maybe even longer. Yes, that would bring us close to Halloween, but I think Halloween will last only 3 days (there's 10 quests).

Pirate's Day was supposed to be the big celebration of the one year anniversary, so I think it's going to last a long time. I can't see us getting more than 3 quests a day unless....

Maybe the event will be like the ones in AK. We'll get X amount of time to complete the entire event and the quests will just keep coming in one after another as we finish each one.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 14, 15 9:37 AM
Chestnut thank you for the metrics!! Now we are one step closer to solving the riddles. Well done.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 14, 15 11:39 AM
Information overload!! Doesnt take much, sure I will work it out!!

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Aug 14, 15 12:51 PM
Well, I didn't want to wait for the Pirate's Day Event to open up Spain so I used my hard earned Gold and opened it up when I was getting my building supplies for the AES Site. That was when I had over 500+ Stars and played the Arcades like a Wildcat! to get those Gold Bars. They did come in handy and was able to build back up my Gold reserves.

Edited on 08/14/2015 at 12:52:06 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 15, 15 2:45 PM
I guess I didn't explain clearly enough. My post was supposed to indicate that I don't see how we are supposed to customize all the buildings to Pirate within a normal event window...

There are too many resources and time requirements for customizing everything to Pirate. I am curious to see how they handle the event.. it has me stumped.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 15, 15 2:53 PM
Not to mention, if it takes 5 days to customize that renders that area unplayable.. <<still scratching head>>.. but I can't think how else we will decorate.. UNLESS some type of decorations like for Easter or the Flags become available..

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 15, 15 3:05 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Not to mention, if it takes 5 days to customize that renders that area unplayable.. <<still scratching head>>.. but I can't think how else we will decorate.. UNLESS some type of decorations like for Easter or the Flags become available..

Well we will see once we get there wont we? Either way I would think that one would get credit when its done as we have for other build ups. I mean why would they put something in to customize during the whole event if it took 5 days to do. Especially if it needed a certain building to be played during the event as the quest would expire before it was finished. We are or should be concentrating on the collectibles during that time as I am sure those have a window of opportunity. I am sure Pirates day would trigger those build up events so eventually if and when they are done it would be checked off and gotten the credit for it. But stranger things HAVE happened.. Either way this is all part of the fun.. Let the theories fly..

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 15, 15 3:24 PM
I'll repeat. I don't think we will have to get all the customizations done by the END of the event. Pirate Day will merely activate that achievement.

I started this game after the Christmas event but was still able to shovel the snow and get that achievement in Jan 2014 even though that achievement was listed and depicted as a Christmas Event.

I'm wondering which of the locals is going to come up with the idea of Pirate Day and be our primary taskmaster. So hoping it's not Fatima.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 15, 15 3:39 PM
I'm wondering which of the locals is going to come up with the idea of Pirate Day and be our primary taskmaster. So hoping it's not Fatima.

Nor Jillian or that little weird little kid with the hat, he gives me the willies! Hasn't grown any in three years! Come to think of it I hope not that little snippy Librarian either. Only one that hasn't tortured us much was that fellah with Bunny outfit. Has Aileen tortured us? Would be nice to see who will be the taskmaster.. Can't be Odin he is to busy stuck in the quests.

Who has a tie in to the Pirates??????? hummm...

Oh good grief, not the knife freak that sleeps with the teddy, something just not right about that boy. I for one hope he doesn't procreate. Oh Phillip maybe? We did sort all his stamps out, what does he have to do? Can't be the girl from the animal shelter shes to cute and cuddly. Hummm...

Eeeekkk TEODI!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 15, 15 3:47 PM
Well, we will find out in a little over a month. I hope it's NOT akin to the shoveling, that would be lame...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 15, 15 4:31 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Well, we will find out in a little over a month. I hope it's NOT akin to the shoveling, that would be lame...

Unless they change the amount of time it takes to customize a building, it's physically impossible to complete all the customizations before the end of the event and still leave buildings available to be in play for pirate day quests.

So either BZ gave us an achievement that would take several Pirate Day events to complete (and plans to shut down the 'acceptance' of customization between events) or we get to finish after the event has concluded.

I think it's lame that we're starting the event ON Pirate Day. But just as BZ has it's own vision of the zodiac, they seem to have their own calendar. Or they're world leaders in procrastination.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 15, 15 4:42 PM
Well, actually, it CAN be done by using gold to speed things up. But I can't imagine that was BZ's plan, not after the way people carried on about needing to use gold to buy food to complete Valentine quests.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 16, 15 12:00 AM
Thankyou chestnut I love a good mystery and enjoy peoples theories even more! My theory is that the kindly looking fisherman out on the bay is really a dastardly pirate and hes lulled us into a false sense of security, on the day we will open game to find little boat turned into pirate ship jolly roger and all! he will steal the loot from teodis and make us play days of it!! And he will want us to collect fiery chrysanthemums and graduation gowns by bidding, look out great whites!! Oh and we will all have to re do the gloves at Margarets house, and jillian will appear with sword and hat to make us walk the plank or give her all our recourses!!! I dont want my medication Nurse Ratchet!!!!

Ps- Just for blue the turtle will have a peg leg, now try putting him together!!

Edited on 08/16/2015 at 2:24:15 AM PST

[Post New]by tondue2 on Aug 16, 15 2:24 AM
try reading the important notice in may. They are stopping ALL activity on this game.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 16, 15 2:33 AM
We know !!! but pirates day was already planned and we havent had it before, we have been assured by the mods its happening, Get with the program my friend and have some fun. Life is not all doom and gloom!!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 16, 15 6:36 AM
tondue2 wrote:try reading the important notice in may. They are stopping ALL activity on this game.

There were events already in the 1/5/15 update that have not been released yet; this is what we are discussing. We are not so silly as to have ignored the May notice but thanks!

[Post New]by Xanthus83 on Aug 16, 15 6:41 AM
Did anyone notice .... it says PIRATE DAY ...not PIRATE DAYS.

Just tossing it out there.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 16, 15 7:02 AM
Xanthus83 wrote:Did anyone notice .... it says PIRATE DAY ...not PIRATE DAYS.

Just tossing it out there.

Didn't the Valentine Event say Valentine DAY? Pirate Day isn't a celebration that BoomZap invented. It is celebrated by those who observe it on Sep 19.

If you're hinting that this will be a 1 day event...I don't think so. 44 quests and all those collectibles to be gathered in only 1 day? No way.

Go to: