Mac: Game not starts only music is heard

[Post New]by lardissone on Aug 7, 09 8:25 AM
Hi,

I've just purchased it, and when I try to execute it, I don't see anything but the icon in my dock, and the music is playing in background.

I've hidden all other apps and nothing happens. When I click on the Mystic Inn icon, everything hides, and shows me the Desktop wallpaper (no menubar, no dock).

And the only way to exit from it is Forcing Quit, because the normal Quit in the context menu on the dock icon doesn't works.

Anyone experienced that?

Thanks,
Leandro

Re:Mac: Game not starts only music is heard

[Post New]by beautyfulgoddess on Aug 7, 09 2:28 PM
I'm having the same problem.

[Post New]by skibunni1228 on Aug 7, 09 7:03 PM
I've been having the same problem with Mystic Inn for awhile. I downloaded it about a year ago and it was still doing the same thing on my Mac, just playing the music and hiding my dock.

[Post New]by amspeers on Dec 28, 10 7:48 AM
I know you all posted this a while ago, but I have the same problem. Mystic Inn was the first game I purchased from Big Fish and I was very disappointed that it did not work. I was given a credit for a new game...but I still would have liked to play the one I wanted.
Has anyone found a fix for this?

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on Sep 6, 11 8:45 AM
Yep. That's all it does, still. Quite nasty.

Someone please end that one's misery...?

[Post New]by teresed on Aug 11, 12 8:59 AM
I'm having the same issue. I've contacted customer service and received a few tips. First off, try exiting out of all programs except game manager before you play. Running things in the background might interfere. Also, It helps to completely uninstall Flash Player and Shockwave off of your Mac before installing the most updated versions. If you haven't done this recently, here are the instructions below:

Uninstall Adobe Flash Player:

1. Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller and save the file to a location, such as your desktop, where you can easily find it.
2. Quit all running applications on your computer, including your web browser.
3. Run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller
4. Restart your computer

Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave Players:

[Removed by Moderator]

Make sure you have OS 10.4 or 10.5. (And make sure your Mac is up to date)

So far, none of this has worked for me, but there are a few other issues that may be causing it.

Edited on 08/11/2012 at 10:24:38 AM PST

[Post New]by The_Viking on Dec 17, 12 9:17 PM
Yes, I'm having this exact same problem. It only started happening after I got a new Mac mini to replace my old one. My old mini ran OS 10.5.8, but my new one runs 10.8.2. Something happened during one of the OS updates that interferes with how some of the older Big Fish games are run. "My Tribe" also has problems where it won't run.

It's upsetting that some of these games are not being updated every once in a while to allow them to be played on newer operating systems.

Jekyl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Jekyl on Aug 9, 13 5:28 PM
Yep, I have this program too. I am running OSX 10.8.4. It is once of my favourites; I have played it through several times since 2006 and recently got the urge to play it again, but no luck I wish they would update it, too.

Jae_G
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Jae_G on Oct 11, 13 8:18 PM
Yep, I'm having the same thing happening on my mac. You'd think since this thread was created a few years ago, they would've gotten around to fixing the problem!

Go to: