nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Bonus game

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 14, 15 10:35 AM
I cannot believe this. I don't have all the stamps and am blocked from playing the bonus game. I don't see any way to get them without replaying the game. Seriously?? I AM NOT replaying this game. If I had known this I certainly would not have purchased this game.

Can't see any reason for doing it this way. The collectible portion of the game is important to some, but not all players. The stamps weren't particularly fun to find anyway. I only purchased this game because I enjoyed the first ones in the series and was hoping ERS had redeemed itself with this one. This one however is a new low in the series.

I was confused. The statement that you cannot play the bonus game without 24 stamps was referring to a different bonus game. Guess they should have used a different term for dunder heads like me. So sorry for the confusion. See Valdy's post below for info regarding the "other" bonus game.

Edited to correct my misunderstanding.

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 11:44:44 AM PST

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Bonus game

[Post New]by reesy37 on Aug 14, 15 2:09 PM
THANK you for posting. This really makes a difference to me. I am glad that I have finally made myself start reading the forum before buying.

[Post New]by wilhelmine61 on Aug 14, 15 4:42 PM
I cant play the bonus game neither because I need 24 stamps and only had 11 and I cant find anymore.i played the game twice but still only found 11 .the pictures show were the others are but you cant get to them .I'm so disappointed

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 14, 15 7:57 PM
I think you will find that the main bonus game has nothing to do with the stamp collection. The "bonus" game for the stamp collection will be an entirely different "little" game you can play if you collect every stamp.

To play the main bonus game, go to Extras, and click on "Play" at the top left-hand side.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 15, 15 11:41 AM
Thank you Valdy. When I finished the main game, I clicked on "Collections". It stated that in order to play the bonus game I needed 24 stamps. Guess the use of the term "bonus" game confused me. So sorry for misleading info. I will edit my original post.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 15 8:23 PM
You are quite right, nwl43. The devs should have used a different term for that particular extra. I too wasn't quite sure whether the stamps were part of the main bonus game until I checked the Extras, and saw the "Play" button for the main bonus game.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 16, 15 7:04 AM
When there is something special attached to getting a collectible, the devs should give us a means by which we can return to the scene and find the object.

Not everyone wants to replay an entire game....and if we have paid for the CE, we should be able to access all portions of it.....not have it tied to the success of another puzzle or requirement.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 16, 15 8:54 AM
Wilhelmine, There are only 11 stamps in the main game. The other 13 are in the bonus game (the actual one). They are fairly obvious and easy to spot.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 15 6:53 PM
And you can't overlook the stamps. They are always in a hiding place where other objects, which you need to find, are hidden. So in fact, you don't even have to look for them. They always appear with another object you need.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 15 6:03 PM
kaltsupall wrote:But here the trouble begins! I got 11 stamps, but the game says I can not proceed with bonus games unless I do not have all 24 stamps! (I play mac.)

You find 11 stamps in the main game, and the rest in the bonus game.

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Aug 19, 15 3:56 AM
You can access the bonus game by clicking on "EXTRAS" and clicking "PLAY" at the top left.

HTH

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 19, 15 5:14 AM
kaltsupall wrote:Yes, it should be like that, but for some unknown reason I do not get acess to the bonus game. And it makes me very sad, of course :-( I have tried to play as different character and different levels, but the outcome is the same. What should I do now?

In my first post in this thread I mentioned that the main bonus game can be accessed by going into Extras, and then clicking on "Play" at the top left-hand side. That's the main bonus game, which has nothing to do with the "bonus" game for the stamps.

Edited on 08/19/2015 at 6:46:54 PM PST

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 22, 15 12:29 PM
the "bonus" you get by collecting all of the stamps is pretty disappointing...just an endless match 3...

Go to: