bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 15, 15 12:29 AM
Mad Head presents the exciting continuation of the Dark Realm story line! This time, a magic bear summons you to help save the neighboring kingdom of Nypha. Find out what has Nypha and its princess trapped in a death grip of cold. As a fire-wielder, you have a few tricks up your sleeve, but the bear's given you some special abilities too! You'll be thrilled by the fun new Match-3 mechanic and enjoy adventurous interactions along the way.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Aug 15, 15 1:06 AM
Looks good but anything to do with ice.....usually is not a very good game. Looking forward to the reviews!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 15, 15 1:17 AM
I do remember a few ice games that were pretty good

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 15, 15 1:50 AM
Ice = bad game?????? Can't believe that! Just think of a series (not by this dev) which plays in an icy world (Living Legends)!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 15, 15 4:38 AM
The original Dire Grove.
You felt the chill of those winter conditions even as you were playing it on a hot summer day.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 15, 15 8:38 AM
Since we have had a record number of 100+ days here in Houston, I welcome a chilly game. It's so hot you can't even go out and enjoy your patio and beautiful garden.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Aug 16, 15 2:12 AM
Ice does not necessarily mean it's a bad game for me. (Dire Grove was great)

Where I live we have a short summer, but then we have midsummer sun (24 hours at the most)
In the winter there is snow shoveling both on road and on the roof, and only grayish dawn for about 2-3 hours in the day. I have to wear spikes on my boots and flashlight when I go to work and when I get home 14.00/ 2 p.m. daytime. Not fun at all, but then we have the amazing Northern Lights.

So of course I prefer 'summery games' but feels well at home in wintry ones.

But here we are talking about taste and what we feel comfortable with.

I like the summer and enjoy the autumn with its incredibly beautiful colors and walks in the fields and the mountains to pick berries.
oh ... now I am well slighly off topic ...

I will try this game, hope it is good. if not ......... another day, another game.
Have a nice Sunday everyone

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 16, 15 3:51 AM
It seems good, but unfortunately, there's the sledge elements, where you have to avoid obstacles, by sliding from left to right. I hate those elements, and almost always skip them. I REALLY hope there's not to many of these in the intire games. 3 tops. I have only played 14 minuttes of the demo, and already encountered 1. If there are more than 3 of these annoying minigames, it's definate no-buy for me, not event the standard version, and no credits will be used. I'll play the demo to the end, and if there are no more of these annoying mingame, I'd might buy it.

Edited on 08/16/2015 at 3:52:06 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 16, 15 4:28 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that hates those

Go to: