Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 15, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 7:12:08 AM PST

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by handyfr on Aug 15, 15 6:28 AM
Running Windows 8.1. Anyone else having problems with a VERY slow download?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 15, 15 7:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Aug 15, 15 9:01 AM
handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8.1. Anyone else having problems with a VERY slow download?

Yes. Same problem. It took a couple of hours to download in comparison to the usual 10-20 minutes.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Aug 15, 15 9:19 AM
Running windows 8.1 on a laptop. Download ran a little slower than usual but nowhere near two hours!
I downloaded mine first thing, wonder if it's a time issue?
Contact B.F. tech issues and see if they can see where the problem is.

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Aug 15, 15 9:26 AM
In demo if you don't click with cursor in the right spot for the next scene...the screen goes black.Had to ctrl/alt/delete 3 times...shame..

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 9:26:38 AM PST

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Aug 15, 15 2:24 PM
When I click play, I get black horizontal bars running up and down screen. did reinstall but no help. windows 10

[Post New]by Jan425 on Aug 15, 15 2:33 PM
I bought the game after playing demo, but it will not let me go further than the demo, I have 2 profiles finished, I tried reinstallation, no luck

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 15, 15 4:39 PM
Running windows 7. Another game that won't work on my computer. I guess the upside is that I'm saving a lot of money! I think that makes about 10 games since the June. What gives?

[Post New]by sueannmc on Aug 16, 15 6:51 AM
Can't run game w/ Windows 10. Keep getting an error message to update my graphics driver but it is up to date.

patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by patskarma on Aug 16, 15 8:44 AM
sueannmc wrote:Can't run game w/ Windows 10. Keep getting an error message to update my graphics driver but it is up to date.

Same problem here. Used Intel Utility Driver and says no driver needed. Up to date. Never ever had a problem with games until recently. Last game kept getting access code violation. Gave up on it. Staff said that Windows 10 is compatible with their games. So far, not.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Aug 16, 15 5:15 PM
Everything was going swimmingly (so to speak) until I played the bonus game. There are three rooms in which I am to find the three bracelets for the arm. But after getting two of them, I'm not allowed back into the third room. Sigh, and it was going SO WELL, too!

[Post New]by draegonflye on Aug 16, 15 7:34 PM
jaxxgirl wrote:Everything was going swimmingly (so to speak) until I played the bonus game. There are three rooms in which I am to find the three bracelets for the arm. But after getting two of them, I'm not allowed back into the third room. Sigh, and it was going SO WELL, too!

I'm having the same glitch. It's impossible to finish the game now.

[Post New]by dirtmom on Aug 17, 15 9:07 AM
I am having the same problem. Cannot go back to retrieve the third bracelet. So cannot finish the bonus game.

[Post New]by Lejovich1 on Aug 17, 15 8:59 PM
I'm running Windows 8.1 and the game continuously freezes. I had the problem with the demo and hoped it would be better once I purchased it. That didn't happen. Don't have any problems with any other games, just this one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mareflynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mareflynn on Aug 18, 15 6:26 AM
Can't play third level of shooter game in the second chapter. This needs to be played fast but the cursor freezes momentarily. I'm on Windows 7, all drivers updated and turned off the custom cursor.
Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any help! I am beyond tired of games that don't work!!!

[Post New]by seagateowl on Aug 18, 15 10:15 AM
Cannot get to third bracelet, locked out of all rooms, therefore game cannot be finished. Can this be corrected with a patch?, or not, would like to complete game, too bad the game was extremely good until this. seagateowl

[Post New]by bGrlsnyder on Aug 18, 15 11:17 AM
I purchased the game yesterday and it is loading really slow and gives the appearance of wavy lines and static or connection issues. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. And I really do mean SLOW loading.

[Post New]by bGrlsnyder on Aug 18, 15 11:24 AM
I purchased the game yesterday and it is loading really slow and gives the appearance of wavy lines and static or connection issues. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. And I really do mean SLOW loading.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Won't run on Windows10

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Aug 21, 15 1:53 PM
Can't get the game to start and get message saying I have to update my graphics card - no I dont! Other games seem to run OK on windows 10. Please sort this out as others seem to be having the same problem.

Go to: