voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

No reset. No buy?

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Aug 15, 15 12:35 AM
I cannot see a reset for the puzzles. I struggled over a puzzle for ages and had to skip it. So annoying. LOL!

ETA it appears that finishing the puzzles without using a hint is not part of the achievements

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 12:44:18 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:No reset. No buy?

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 15, 15 4:40 AM
I hope I get to Beta a Mad Head game sometime....just so that I can raise the reset button issue.

I did find a Mad Head page on Facebook so I left a post saying that I wanted the reset button on all the games.

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 4:48:53 AM PST

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 15, 15 6:52 AM
I agree. No reset button on puzzles diminishes the value of a game to me. That is something Mad Head should take into consideration when developing a game. Don't get lazy, Mad Head, I'm sure this is something easy for you to do: put a reset button on the puzzles! Part of the fun is missing!

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 15, 15 8:45 AM
I've found that no reset is a real problem for me. I will try the puzzle on my own and if I can't figure it out, I'll go to the SG to get a hint on how to start. But if there's no reset to start the puzzle over, any hint I get is useless by this time.
Developers...please make sure the puzzles can be reset.

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 8:46:04 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 15, 15 9:20 AM
I agree with all of you as I hate that there's no re-set button, however in the last few CE games I have played I have learnt a little trick because once you have moved the tiles/runes/colours (or whatever) you can't re-set the puzzle.

I go into the strategy guide and highlight the photo of the puzzle without writing down the solution, I then write down the order of the tiles/runes. I change the tiles to what the screen shot showed and then try again using a different order of moves. It's worked for me so far so give it a go.

It's not cheating, it's just a long-winded re-set button which we shouldn't have to go through!

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 10:22:20 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 15, 15 9:51 AM
wow, that's clever, Dax. I wouldn't have the patience for it, but great idea!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 15, 15 2:14 PM
baglady159 wrote:I've found that no reset is a real problem for me. I will try the puzzle on my own and if I can't figure it out, I'll go to the SG to get a hint on how to start. But if there's no reset to start the puzzle over, any hint I get is useless by this time.
Developers...please make sure the puzzles can be reset.

I agree that there should be a RESET on all puzzles. I like to try to solve them on my own, too. If I can't figure out a solution, I know that I have to Reset the Puzzle to use the SG Solution.

I have a Trick to Reset Puzzles Without a Reset Button. It's sort of a pain but it Usually Works. All the HOPAs have an Auto-Save. Every time you Charge Locations or Exit a Puzzle, the built-in Auto-Save automatically saves your game. You need to Exit Without Activating the Auto-Save.

Step # 1. Do Not Exit the Puzzle.

Step # 2. Press Alt/Tab to get back to your Desktop.

Step # 3. Look at the Bottom of your Scene in the Status Bar for the Game Icon.

Step # 5. Left Click on the Game Icon then in the small window, Right Click "Close".

Step # 6. Restart the Game from your Game Manager.

You'll restart the game from the beginning of the puzzle before you moved anything.

or

If you Do Not Exit the Puzzle & Press Ctrl/Alt/Delete, that will Close the Game & Reset the Puzzle. The other way is easier & quicker, once you get use to it.

Either way, once the puzzle is reset, I can exit the puzzle & check the SG.

Like I said, it's sort of a pain. A Reset Button would be a lot easier but knowing how to reset the puzzles without one makes it less of a Deal Breaker.

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 4:08:14 PM PST

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 15, 15 2:16 PM
Just a thought...have you tried coming out of the puzzle then opening it again. It's worked sometimes for me and I ...'think'...it was this dev.

Elirana.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Aug 15, 15 2:26 PM
There is a reset choice in the "Custom" play section.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 15, 15 2:44 PM
Elirana wrote:Just a thought...have you tried coming out of the puzzle then opening it again. It's worked sometimes for me and I ...'think'...it was this dev.

Elirana.

I know it works with some games but not with this game. I tried it.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 15, 15 2:49 PM
hollyodie wrote:There is a reset choice in the "Custom" play section.

I looked & didn't see a "Reset Puzzle Option" in the Custom Settings. Are you sure ? Maybe, I'm overlooking it.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 16, 15 6:53 AM
I am going to have to keep in mind some of these great solutions for getting a puzzle to reset back to the beginning.

I hate it when I am working on a puzzle, accidently 'back' out of the screen...and have to start again, all the way from the beginning.
Still....we should have the OPTION of being able to restart a puzzle if we wish.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 16, 15 9:38 AM
I contacted Mad Head Games through their Facebook page and passed on that there had been forum threads for their last two or three games about wanting reset buttons.

I just got a polite reply thanking me....and saying the info would be passed along to the game designers and engineers.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Aug 16, 15 11:16 AM
In "Custom" difficulty at the very bottom of the screen - put a check mark in the "skip puzzles" box.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 16, 15 12:10 PM
Holly, that only enables you to skip the puzzles. Without it I'd spinning those disks for ages!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 16, 15 12:35 PM
hollyodie wrote:In "Custom" difficulty at the very bottom of the screen - put a check mark in the "skip puzzles" box.

I played with a new profile in Custom Mode until I got to the Ring Puzzle just to see the Reset Button. All I see is a Skip Button.

If there is a Reset Button, please, enlighten me & tell me where it is.

Edited on 08/16/2015 at 7:59:10 PM PST

Go to: