bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Silent Age

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 17, 15 12:29 AM
Lose yourself in The Silent Age, the thrilling point­and­click adventure!

A dying man from the future has entrusted Joe with a quest to discover the truth behind humankind's extinction. Help Joe as he travels between the groovy present of 1972 to the apocalyptic future of 2012. Explore unique locations and use your portable time travel device to solve puzzles that will bring you one step closer to reaching an answer to save humanity.

Can a simple janitor and literally, "the average Joe," save humankind?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:The Silent Age

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 17, 15 3:20 AM
This has to be the largest download of any game I've ever downloaded. A window opens, that let's you set the window size. Although it's a very big download...I don't mind.

This game plays like a adventure/puzzle game. I like it...only because it's different. But, I'm not sure many will like it....but I hope I'm wrong....and everyone enjoys it. This is not a hog!

It's slow and linear...and most definitely...alot of back and fourth. But, It held my interest enough, and I enjoy puzzles/adventure games.

So for me...I have to solve the mystery. For me it's worth a punch card...especially since someone wonderful ...gifted me with one today.

So, I'll be getting this game as a gift...and I'm looking forward to enjoying it!

I hope you all Enjoy it also...if not...there is always tomorrow.

Best to Everyone Always!
Lisa

KaroTP27
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by KaroTP27 on Aug 17, 15 5:15 AM
Gosh. Is there really anything to this "game"?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 17, 15 5:51 AM
Miss Lisa,

It's not a very large download. I checked the Queue on my Game Manager & it was only 240MB. That's only about one-forth the size of MCF: Fate's Carnival.

I bought the game using Yesterday's Promo Code DAYBREAK. At first, it seemed like a stupid game then I started clicking on any place where a circle appeared. I enjoyed the remarks that Joe made about everything. I'm going to restart the game with a new profile just to make sure that I didn't miss any of Joe's wise Cracks. I really got a kick out of what Joe said when I clicked on the Picture of Richard Nixon. I think it will be fun to try to solve the mystery without the help of a SG. I didn't even notice if there was a Hint Button. I never looked for one.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Aug 17, 15 6:36 AM
I'm liking this game. It reminds me of the old Space Quest/Zork games.Definitely worth a PCC.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 17, 15 6:50 AM
When I googled to see if there is a walkthrough, there is, however this is the first game in a series for this game. So, I assume we will be getting the sequels in the future to keep finding out what happens!

Edited on 08/17/2015 at 6:50:55 AM PST

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 17, 15 7:05 AM
It's just one game, there are no sequels. I think what you saw was a walk-through that was published in three parts. I know because I needed it a few times...

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Aug 17, 15 8:17 AM
I have had this in my Wishlist on Steam since it was released in May waiting for it to go down in price. So happy to see it here and bonus that I can use a PCC on it. Yea!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 17, 15 9:20 AM
Opps, sorry. I should have paid more attention when I found the walkthrough! Sorry!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 17, 15 3:44 PM
Another simular game to this (game style, not story) is Hypnosis. I usually go back and play it once a year or so

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 17, 15 5:32 PM
ganonsbane wrote:Miss Lisa,

It's not a very large download. I checked the Queue on my Game Manager & it was only 240MB. That's only about one-forth the size of MCF: Fate's Carnival.

I bought the game using Yesterday's Promo Code DAYBREAK. At first, it seemed like a stupid game then I started clicking on any place where a circle appeared. I enjoyed the remarks that Joe made about everything. I'm going to restart the game with a new profile just to make sure that I didn't miss any of Joe's wise Cracks. I really got a kick out of what Joe said when I clicked on the Picture of Richard Nixon. I think it will be fun to try to solve the mystery without the help of a SG. I didn't even notice if there was a Hint Button. I never looked for one.

I'm only going by what the home page said about the size: Game System Requirements:

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
CPU: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 2048 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 3670 MB

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 15 6:06 PM
Lisa, I have a feeling that the 3.6GB is a misprint. You can always see how large the game is by checking the download size on your GM while it's downloading.

Edited on 08/17/2015 at 11:59:32 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 17, 15 6:42 PM
Miss Lisa,

System Requirements aren't the same thing as Download. Download is the number listed directly under the Blue "Play Now" Button on the game page. it this case it is:

Free 1 hour trial
( 240.54 MB )

System Requirements are, totally, different. System Requirement are properties that your Computer should have to be able to store all the game files & have the game function properly when you try to play it.

If you Right Click "Start"

then Left Click "Computer"

then Left Click "Properties" in the Small Window that pops up.

A page will come up that tells you the System Properties of your Computer. The System Properties on that page need to be greater than or equal to the System Requirements listed for the game in order for the game to function as best as possible when you play it.

I have to agree with Valdy about the 3670 MB Hard Drive being a misprint. Most games only take up about 1.5 times as much space as the download.

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 8:22:50 AM PST

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 17, 15 8:04 PM
Oh! That was such fun. Finished it and think I'll play it again tomorrow. It actually had a proper story with a proper and satisfying ending. I thought it had ended and I was so sad but then there was more! I bought it with a PCC and feel like I've cheated someone. Double clicking makes him run which is great near the end when you have to walk back and forth many times. Takes me back to the 'good ole days'.

Elirana

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 17, 15 10:31 PM
Finally a great game that makes you think. I like this kind of game. Was getting tired of HOGs. Now, if I could just find the key to the file cabinet! Thanks!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 18, 15 3:25 AM
Thank Valdy & ganonsbane for the up-date.

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 3:27:22 AM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 18, 15 8:34 AM
lkbambi wrote:Finally a great game that makes you think. I like this kind of game. Was getting tired of HOGs. Now, if I could just find the key to the file cabinet! Thanks!

I'm on Chapter 9, now & all the Time Travel gets confusing.

Spoiler: I think that the Doctor had it but you have to get it from his corpse.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Aug 18, 15 11:52 AM
ganonsbane wrote:I'm on Chapter 9, now & all the Time Travel gets confusing.

Spoiler: I think that the Doctor had it but you have to get it from his corpse.

Once you finish the game, I think you'll change your mind about what happened.

For those that have finished it... what do you think about what happened to Joe? Would you want his story to continue in another game?

I want to add that if you go to the official website for The Silent Age you can see a blog post with some pretty funny "goofs" (at least that's what the devs call them) that were found in the game. I also read that Joe's voice is done by the same actor who did the voice for Ghostface in the Scream movies. Interesting bit of trivia there!

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 6:49:31 PM PST

Go to: