lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Plea to Developers

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 8, 09 3:36 PM
(hey, it worked for World Adventure!)

Dear Developers:

I love Grandpa's Candy Factory, particularly since I can play it untimed. Yes I can just skip the minigames but I'd rather not. Is there any way that you could release a version two with these changes?

* In untimed mode, make the pipes minigame untimed as well. You can set it so that the scoring is less the longer you take if you really need some kind of scoring, then have a switch that players could hit to start the chocolate flowing (so those going for more points could start it before they have the paths set up).

* In addition to "click the word to get a picture" hints in the hidden object scenes, can you please give us a kind of hint that points to where the item is hidden (or where the arrow is that points to the item)? Some items are tiny, some are almost completely behind something else, a lot of them are brown on brown, etc.

It would be super awesome if there were a way to replay just the minigames from the main menu, but I'm sure that would be more work and not influence sales as much as the other two features I requested above.

angelize81
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

Re:Plea to Developers

[Post New]by angelize81 on Aug 8, 09 3:49 PM
My problems and pleas exactly lordkalvan thank you for posting these suggestions

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 8, 09 6:06 PM
It looks like we can replay given levels. On the "map" that shows the different buildings, if you click one that has lights showing you will get to see the card for that chapter. Click one of the circles on the card, then the green arrow to play.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Aug 8, 09 9:05 PM
I can do the game in timed but from the 3rd pipe game on (for the piped) there is no way I can physically finish them in the 20seconds. I know what to do, I just can't physically do it, yet I have no problem playing the rest of the game in timed. Does anyone else find the pipe time ridiculously short after the first 2 or is it just me??

Miss Clairol

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 8, 09 9:16 PM
castellerin wrote:Does anyone else find the pipe time ridiculously short after the first 2 or is it just me??

Miss Clairol

It's not just you!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 9, 09 5:38 PM
I had to give UP....For I was too nosey to see the end.

I finished today, At the end it kept looping bk to getting rid of the bad guy. At first it was fun picking out the different HOG items....THEN it got boring

I LOVE THE GAME.. ...I wonder if they will fix the clock?

PEN

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Aug 11, 09 12:07 AM
I agree with you LK. I really wanna buy this game but the pipe minigame is so fast, i had problem even on the second one. It should be nice to have untimed minigames in the relaxed mode.

I waited to buy World Adventure until they fixed it , now I´m waiting for this one

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 11, 09 4:41 AM
This is a beautiful game. The art work is fantastic. I wa going to buy it until I saw that the hidden object minigames don't have hints that show where the objects are. It is so frustrating to get down to the last object and then have to skip the minigame.

The pipes puzzle was way too fast. I love pipes puzzles but they should at least give you some time to think.

I hope you release a new version so more people will buy this game.

lois1231
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by lois1231 on Aug 18, 09 2:28 PM
Please make more games like this one and burger rush. The only things that I didn't like was the ending. It just kind of sprung at me. I was left going is this it? The game needs to be longer. The second thing I didn't like was the chocolate comes out of the pipes too fast on some of the levels. Other then these two things, the game was excellent. Please more games likes this

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Nov 21, 12 12:54 AM
I enjoyed the game as well. Nice graphics. I don't buy a lot of M3's but this one was appealing. There are a couple of things that if fixed would really improve replay value:
- a timer that shows you what your "excellent" time is. Hate having to guess.
- when replaying, you always go back to the main map, have to enter the factory, try and remember which level you were going to replay, click through the dialogue... would be nice to have the levels outside the building once you're through the game, so you can quickly replay (or at least not have to see the story shots on replay)
-it seems too hard - impossible? - to get excellent on several M3 levels...
- Using the timer doesn't seem to change the time "spent" on the level - you still get "fine" (I got that when I took "11 seconds" on one level - so it's still counting my actual time not the timer time when considering my score)
- would be nice to see which levels you've gotten excellent on, for those of us who are OCD about getting the "gold stars"
- the pipe levels were just irritating. No time to think, and doesn't even seem possible. I just skipped most of them, and I normally like pipe puzzles.
- didn't really enjoy the HO scenes - felt they weren't up to the level of the rest of the game.

Go to: