bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 9, 09 12:03 AM
Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

Re:Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum

[Post New]by GinaBean on Aug 9, 09 12:38 AM
WOW, a "sample version" of a large file game? Well what did we do to deserve THIS? AWESOME!

[Post New]by Lishka13 on Aug 9, 09 2:25 AM
I don't usually buy the large file games because I can't try them first so it was a wonderful treat to be able to sample this game. I did end up buying it because the one hour sample had me hooked. Thank You Big Fish.

[Post New]by walkswithdogs on Aug 9, 09 2:38 AM
I was disappointed with this game. I felt I was held captive to the credits and long intro. Most games let you skip the intros and hold the credits until the end of the game where you can skip over them. Seemed it took 10 minutes to actually get to the game. And there is no menu bar (at least to the point in the game I got to) to exit.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 9, 09 2:48 AM
This game came out in 2005. I'm pretty sure I've played the demo before. Got a bit tired of all the talking and also got lost! So didn't finish the hour. Checked a walkthrough to see where I went wrong. Doesn't seem to be that long a game, though I may be wrong. Except for the intro of course!

carr62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by carr62 on Aug 9, 09 5:00 AM
can anyone help me plzz i d/loaded the free trial but it wont play it comes up unable to d/load full screen ?

[Post New]by newt9894 on Aug 9, 09 5:35 AM
I downloaded the game and got an error mesage when I tried to play it. It states error 126 and says it is missing something or it is corupt. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Edited on 08/09/2009 at 5:36:12 AM PST

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 9, 09 5:43 AM
I also downloaded he game and got a message "Unable to open full screen" and was unable to play the game. I will be contacting technical support.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 9, 09 8:23 AM
I got game 2 play but there is no way 2 leave game and all I show is a arrow and walk around with the arrow doing nothing, plus nothing in the menu area. I am glad that they let us download 2 test game as I think this game might not be capable with my computer.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Aug 9, 09 8:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Just an FYI, we have a free walkthrough on the BFG Blog for Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Forum. Just copy and paste the link below to access it.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/delaware-st-john-the-curse-of-midnight-manor-walkthrough/

Thanks!

Margie B

[Post New]by meredith9808 on Aug 9, 09 1:54 PM
can someone help me to get past where the ghost writes the directions on thw wall a nd you have to make turns and on one of them you have to walk 9 times down the hallway. I get all the way to the end but when it tells me to walk 5 times it goes back to the ghost. Thanks

[Post New]by biancaboo on Aug 9, 09 3:52 PM
The walkthrough has an error on the ghost directions. On the very last set of directions, before you turn left, you have to turn right and go forward three times. Then you turn left and go six.

My problem is that I am following the directions when the hunter is following you at the end. Even though I am making it to the lounge and talking to Kelly at the end of the conversation I am starting over.

Anybody got any ideas.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Aug 9, 09 4:29 PM
I just finished my hour and I only got the generator (with the boots) going but when I walk the hallways I just go round and round. I didn't have any trouble with the game and/or graphics so far and my computer is OLD (2004) and most of the new large file games won't load.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Aug 9, 09 5:34 PM
lauder wrote:I got game 2 play but there is no way 2 leave game and all I show is a arrow and walk around with the arrow doing nothing, plus nothing in the menu area. I am glad that they let us download 2 test game as I think this game might not be capable with my computer.

If you hit the small green square in the bottome middle of the screen it will bring up the exit, options, etc. menu. I just happened to find this since, I was getting very frustrated going around in circles.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Aug 9, 09 10:23 PM
I too thought game was too long in intro's, couldn't skip, and after trying to find what combo numbers for lights, i gave up........this was not a fun game to play. Ugh! spent the hour trying to get into the game. sea anemone

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 10, 09 1:56 PM
walkswithdogs wrote:I was disappointed with this game. I felt I was held captive to the credits and long intro. Most games let you skip the intros and hold the credits until the end of the game where you can skip over them. Seemed it took 10 minutes to actually get to the game. And there is no menu bar (at least to the point in the game I got to) to exit.

[Post New]by straykattinn on Aug 10, 09 8:00 PM
i hated this game to long of an intro, way to much talking. didnt understand why eveything took forever to get it set up
wasted about 10 mins for not a good game

[Post New]by 808chubs on Aug 10, 09 9:26 PM
walkswithdogs wrote:I was disappointed with this game. I felt I was held captive to the credits and long intro. Most games let you skip the intros and hold the credits until the end of the game where you can skip over them. Seemed it took 10 minutes to actually get to the game. And there is no menu bar (at least to the point in the game I got to) to exit.

I agree with you..I love large file games and was happy to be able to sample one. But putting the credits on first and when you finally get to the game I was already irritated and felt suckered. Didn't play and won't buy.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Aug 11, 09 4:57 AM
An extremely tedious and boring intro' which I was forced to sit through for an endless 6 minutes. I deleted itwithout even playing as the thought of having to sit through that again is just mindnumbing. Someone let the producers know for Gawd's sake.

[Post New]by gavinmac on Aug 11, 09 2:02 PM
This is the first game that I have trialed that I haven't bothered to finish. I was lost in the basement and couldn't find away to turn on the generator. Or even find it for that matter. I have a newish computer with lots of power and this game was so slow I couldn't wast my time.

Go to: