lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Replay value

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 9, 09 9:44 AM
Match-3 boards clearly have replay value.

I'm playing through the second time. I couldn't tell on the first hidden object scene if some of the items were new ones, but I *think* there were at least a couple different ones. Most of the items were the same. There were definitely different items to look for in the typewriter keys scene, although again most were the same.

I have print outs of screen shots of the last three pipes minigames, and I'll compare those to the pipes I get this time, once I get that far. I've been thinking about how I'd implement random pipe puzzles like these, and I think I figured it out, so it's at least possible that they have randomized solutions (not just randomly rotating each tile, actually having different solutions required).

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Replay value

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 9, 09 12:25 PM
preliminary finding: when you replay a chocomat (pipes) puzzle, it's exactly the same solution. The tiles are rotated randomly, and the non-path tiles may be different (so it's possible that there's a second solution I suppose) but the level I'm looking at has exactly the same valves and outlets in the same spots, the same non-movable tiles, and the tiles on the paths for the solution that I had in my screen shot were exactly the same tiles (just some were rotated differently).

Well, it will make it easier for people who like to play using a walk through I suppose. Disappointing for people like me who would like to play a game that had a lot of randomly generated puzzles of this type.

Go to: