lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 10, 09 1:51 AM
The nearer I get to the graveyard scene the more I want to see happy things, whithout even trying it, it does not ring my bell.

Cheers all
from a bit oldie
lineck

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 10, 09 6:48 AM
Out of all the casual game genres, TM games are my favorite. But the very idea of this TM game is MORBID.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 10, 09 10:35 AM
yeah the little character toddling around digging graves is amusing. but i think have gone a tad too far. it certainly is not my

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 10, 09 11:12 AM
LOL! I don't like TMs so I haven't tried this one. Maybe I should, several of my ancestors were morticians and I have a cousin in mortician school. It is the TM that puts me off, not the topic. I would try it if it were M3 or HOG.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Aug 10, 09 11:15 AM
bribling wrote:LOL! I don't like TMs so I haven't tried this one. Maybe I should, several of my ancestors were morticians and I have a cousin in mortician school. It is the TM that puts me off, not the topic. I would try it if it were M3 or HOG.

I feel the same way. I don't like TM's at all. But I sure like the topic. Looks like if it were another kids of game, like a HOG, I would JUMP right into it.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

I don't know about anyone else But.....

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 10, 09 12:03 PM
lineck wrote:The nearer I get to the graveyard scene the more I want to see happy things, whithout even trying it, it does not ring my bell.

Cheers all
from a bit oldie
lineck

Lol well said

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Aug 10, 09 12:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of TM games, too stressful, and when I watched the video, I knew it was a pass for me. I love to read true crime but didn't think I would like a game where I dig graves. Yuck!

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Aug 10, 09 12:40 PM
I normally like TM games but just the title was enough for me to say no thanks....Didn't even download...

[Post New]by Beriah on Aug 10, 09 12:56 PM
It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, in fact I find a lot of people are a little too sensitive (understatement) about a game that is just trying to be unique and put a spin on something normally negative. The game is fun, bright, and tries to make light of something that is very real in all our lives and you can't keep ignoring. Death is another part of life, and this game tries to distance you as far as possible from the person inside the coffin. It uses joke names, and a funny little animation for the coffins and mourners. You can't fault the creators for wanting to do something different, instead of feeding the same game to the masses.

It's fun, it's not a stressful TM game at all, it's quite enjoyable and I see nothing offensive.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Aug 10, 09 1:39 PM
Glad you are enjoying it Beriah.
It's just not for everyone like any game.
Personally, not being too sensitive, I have been in too many cemeteries lately, so the game has no appeal to me.

Yes, death is a part of life that we can't ignore, but sometimes its a little too fresh to want to play a game digging in a graveyard.

JMO

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Aug 10, 09 2:03 PM
I don't think I'll try this game....

I remember after attending my sister's funeral, I made the mistake of attending a "Halloween Horror Night's". It was a few months after and the first thing we went through had a hearse out front, I think it was suppose to be a funeral home and I just felt an immense sadness walking through the whole thing. I just did not see the fun in it.
I am just not much for making fun of the topic. I am sure there are some who don't mind and can find the humor in it, and that's okay, I would like to see some lighter games on BFG, it seems the last few have been a bit dark for me at least.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Aug 10, 09 3:42 PM
I haven't downloaded this as TM games aren't something I enjoy, however, no-one can say the topic of the game isn't original! However, each to their own. If you don't like it, I guess you don't download it - simple, right?

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 10, 09 5:27 PM
Well, I find it a bit morbid, too. With all the vocations in the world, why choose a grave digger. One would think that another could have been chosen. Yes, I agree with most who have posted. Not my . I'm passing on this one.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 10, 09 10:43 PM
Beriah wrote:It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, in fact I find a lot of people are a little too sensitive (understatement) about a game that is just trying to be unique and put a spin on something normally negative. The game is fun, bright, and tries to make light of something that is very real in all our lives and you can't keep ignoring. Death is another part of life, and this game tries to distance you as far as possible from the person inside the coffin. It uses joke names, and a funny little animation for the coffins and mourners. You can't fault the creators for wanting to do something different, instead of feeding the same game to the masses.

It's fun, it's not a stressful TM game at all, it's quite enjoyable and I see nothing offensive.

My Father recently died so wasn't too sure when I looked at the title, but for myself being a Christian I don't look at death as anything morbid/spooky. For many it's freedom, freedom from pain and suffering. As it was for my father, he suffered for many years on dialysis. We all offered him a kidney, but he said there are too many that haven't begun to live yet that need a kidney, he's lived his life, to go on a donor list for them. We wanted him to stay around for us, our own selfish reasons. So the graveyard part never bothered me. I just thought it might be too fresh in my own mind, so I can understand it bothering some. But, it really is a cute game. I'm enjoying it also. I think the little ghosts chasing you around at night are cute. If they didn't capture me every night to make me go to sleep I'd probably never let the poor guy sleep. I can't outrun them.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 11, 09 4:52 AM
anonymiss wrote:I haven't downloaded this as TM games aren't something I enjoy, however, no-one can say the topic of the game isn't original! However, each to their own. If you don't like it, I guess you don't download it - simple, right?

Simple answer for the simple.

But every once in a while a healthy protest helps to let the powers that be know what gets downloaded/bought and what doesn't. I balance it out both ways: I share what I do like, e.g., Hotel Mogul and Artist Colony ('cause I'm STILL hoping BFG will get Artist Colony) just like I share what I don't like, e.g., games about graves, esp. when there have been REAL LIFE news stories about people robbing graves.

Now that's a evolved response from the evolved.

Edited on 08/11/2009 at 4:52:41 AM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Aug 11, 09 9:35 AM
I agree with Beriah! However I am a BIG TM fan.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Aug 11, 09 9:43 AM
Not every game appeals to everyone. This is a game I passed by so I just didn't try it as I just don't care for the sound of the game. Have no problem with the ones who like it.
In one sense, it is no different that the Tarot Card game which bothered some because of the occult.
That's why there are alot of different type and themed games. (was never big on Halloween LOL)
But everyone is entitled to express their opinion without being told we are a little to sensitive.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 11, 09 11:14 AM
irishgreen wrote:Not every game appeals to everyone. This is a game I passed by so I just didn't try it as I just don't care for the sound of the game. Have no problem with the ones who like it.
In one sense, it is no different that the Tarot Card game which bothered some because of the occult.
That's why there are alot of different type and themed games. (was never big on Halloween LOL)
But everyone is entitled to express their opinion without being told we are a little to sensitive.

Aww but, Halloween is so much fun! I love to just be silly for the day. I try to do something different every year. One year I rented a bear costume and followed around behind adults imitating them. Waving at their children and giving them candy, Some of the reactions were priceless. Although that costume was HOT! I don't think I ever needed so much water in my life and almost impossible to get off to go to the bathroom. You get a picture of the dilemma.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Aug 11, 09 8:05 PM
Taltam1 wrote:
anonymiss wrote:I haven't downloaded this as TM games aren't something I enjoy, however, no-one can say the topic of the game isn't original! However, each to their own. If you don't like it, I guess you don't download it - simple, right?

But every once in a while a healthy protest helps to let the powers that be know what gets downloaded/bought and what doesn't. I balance it out both ways: I share what I do like, e.g., Hotel Mogul and Artist Colony ('cause I'm STILL hoping BFG will get Artist Colony) just like I share what I don't like, e.g., games about graves, esp. when there have been REAL LIFE news stories about people robbing graves.

Well thank you for your extremely enlightening comment about me being simple. I don't remember making personal attacks (making a comment that it's simply a matter of not downloading something if you don't like it isn't generally misconstrued as a personal attack) and I am therefore not sure why you felt the need to send such a churlish reply.

Anyway, I hope you feel much more 'evolved' than I now that you have pointed that out.

(Oh and for the record, self praise is no recommendation).

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 11, 09 8:25 PM
anonymiss wrote:
Taltam1 wrote:

Well thank you for your extremely enlightening comment about me being simple. I don't remember making personal attacks (making a comment that it's simply a matter of not downloading something if you don't like it isn't generally misconstrued as a personal attack) and I am therefore not sure why you felt the need to send such a churlish reply.

Anyway, I hope you feel much more 'evolved' than I now that you have pointed that out.

(Oh and for the record, self praise is no recommendation).

I see you conveniently (or inconveniently) missed my point that outlines the freedom and necessity (as individually determined) to share my opinion and my criticism of this game. The word "you" is NOWHERE connected to the word SIMPLE in my post. I made my point using YOUR WORD: SIMPLE. In your opinion, the decision to download or not was a SIMPLE one. I simply pointed out the obvious. Own what you said. It's not a personal attack. It is what it is.

Edited on 08/11/2009 at 8:25:53 PM PST

Go to: