Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

Not the answer we hoped for

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 18, 15 10:41 AM
but the one we feared was coming. Thank you for the post BFG although I am beyond heartbroken.

stonewall
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Not the answer we hoped for

[Post New]by stonewall on Aug 18, 15 11:05 AM
me too. sadly it's time to uninstall.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Aug 18, 15 12:49 PM
Agree with Tzeitel99. I had such high hopes for continuing with the game. I just reached Level 80 & amassed over 20,000 crystals & 30M gold coins & now to read about the games demise, beyond heartbreaking!!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 18, 15 2:52 PM
I agree, sad bad day. I think this game had a ton of potential. Though, to be honest, I think the writing was on the wall for some time now. Seems like any time the updates start being delayed by months and they make the game play way too easy (like how easy it was to get coins & gems) it becomes the kiss of death for these FTP games..

Once again, I believe it was a bad move for a potentially great game. I'll be sad to delete it.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 18, 15 4:08 PM
Yep, they also discontinued a bunch of other FTP games: Found, Agency 33, My Singing Monsters etc...
Sad day, but we all kinda felt it...

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 4:10:04 PM PST

spidy5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by spidy5 on Aug 18, 15 8:30 PM
I think Big Fish is doing away with the FTP games. This is the third game I play that is no longer being updated.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 18, 15 8:44 PM
I had created a second user last year, then another and another. Pretty soon I had 6 games, because there was so little to do, at least multiple games kept me engaged. I just uninstalled the game and the other 5 user accounts as well. There's one year I'll never get back! I wonder if I should cancel my BFG account at this point,

The one game I played is called Relic Rescue. It's rather mindless, surely not as intriguing as Nightfall once was.

Bee_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bee_1 on Aug 20, 15 12:25 PM
Not the answer i hoped for..... but the one i expected.....to bad .
So here they tell us , the game is no longer being updated and in the same sentence
to go join another game like Midnight Castle.
Now , why would i start another game just so later on , i may be told , the game is going to be discontinued .
Sorry Big Fish....not very impressed with you right now

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 22, 15 3:46 PM
I am so very disappointed. This was a truly beautiful game that had much more going for it than a lot of other hidden object games. This decision makes absolutely no sense at all. Why? It had so much variety...it was truly a wonderful game.

I currently play MC, but if I wasn't there's no way I'd start that game. We've been waiting quite a while for a substantive update...they seem to spend more time fixing things on the 3 platforms than creating new content. I'm afraid that game will eventually suffer the same fate.

I too fear my days at BF are limited.

It's been wonderful playing and sharing with you guys.

MAGS1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MAGS1940 on Sep 2, 15 3:01 PM
Not happy that BIG FISH is not going to give any more updates of "AN EDGAR ALLAN POE MYSTERY" I love this and feel B/F should have a BIG rethink and continue to give loyal players more puzzles to solve

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 3, 15 2:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's definitely disheartening when updates for a game that you enjoy are discontinued. This was indeed a difficult decision, but to clarify, decisions like these are made in conjunction with the game developer, since it is the developer who provides updates or changes to the game. As much as our players would like to have new content, this is not something that Big Fish would be able to provide on our own.

Despite the recent decision to end updates for several of our Free to Play games, do rest assured that we will continue to offer this type of game, such as Midnight Castle and Gummy Drop! The silver lining that comes with the end of updates for some titles is that we can also focus on bringing you new Free to Play games to explore moving forward.

I hope this clears a few things up, and thank you all for your understanding.

bfgWaimea

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 15 5:04 PM
I see that some peeps blame BigFish for no further updates, even going so far as to say they want to quit BF. It has nothing to do with BigFish. Blame it on ERS, the developer of this game.

Yes, it must be sad not to get more of the same when you are close to the end, but how much more could there have been added?

Instead of being all negative about it, why not say how much you enjoyed playing this game while it lasted.

One person said: "There's one year I'll never get back." I don't understand this comment at all. Surely it wasn't a wasted year, but one full of fun and entertainment where this game is concerned.

I am guessing that a lot of peeps are peeved about the end of the game, because they have put a lot of real money into this game, and therefore feel that it has all been for nothing now. I can understand that. It's frustrating. But we should never take it for granted that a game will run forever. No game will. Therefore it's best to ask yourself whether you want to invest in a game like this one in the first place.

I have never paid a penny of real money for these games, and therefore I am not downcast when I see a game comes to an end. In fact, I have restarted this game a few days ago, and am enjoying it very much.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Nov 5, 15 6:11 PM
So all the money we spent on this and its not going anywhere what were they doing with that money putting in a hole in the ground I just going to leave at that

Go to: