HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Well, it's official....No more updates :(

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 18, 15 4:06 PM
I hate to see this happen, but I think we all saw the writing on the wall...

First post on the forum:
An Important Announcement Regarding Agency 33 - August 18, 2015

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 4:06:45 PM PST

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:Well, it's official....No more updates :(

[Post New]by napoeon on Aug 18, 15 5:04 PM
RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 20, 15 10:44 AM
Now I can delete the game. At least we have an answer at last. Only took 8 months to the day. That's a long time to be left hanging. It's just sad that I had spent several hundreds of dollars total on various FTP games only to find out that they all seem to come to an end without conclusions to the storyline. It's like paying full price on a half a sandwich - an un-filling bad deal.

Hind site is 20/20 and if I had known then what I know now I would never had started and spent money on any of them.

Well, fool me once shame on me - Fool me twice shame on you.

I will no longer download and spend money on these FTP games again.

As to the suggestion to try Midnight Castle. I played that game since it started. Spent money on that one too. But, to me, it is so repetitious and boring I quit. After playing the same HOS scene over (and not exaggerating) 2,000 times was just too much. There are some players still playing it and love it. But it is not for everyone. The only great thing about that game was the forum members.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 20, 15 11:54 AM
silver_hawk wrote:Now I can delete the game. At least we have an answer at last. Only took 8 months to the day. That's a long time to be left hanging. It's just sad that I had spent several hundreds of dollars total on various FTP games only to find out that they all seem to come to an end without conclusions to the storyline. It's like paying full price on a half a sandwich - an un-filling bad deal.

Hind site is 20/20 and if I had known then what I know now I would never had started and spent money on any of them.

Well, fool me once shame on me - Fool me twice shame on you.

I will no longer download and spend money on these FTP games again.

As to the suggestion to try Midnight Castle. I played that game since it started. Spent money on that one too. But, to me, it is so repetitious and boring I quit. After playing the same HOS scene over (and not exaggerating) 2,000 times was just too much. There are some players still playing it and love it. But it is not for everyone. The only great thing about that game was the forum members.

I agree with you silver_hawk, I went and saved my games files (in the slim chance that another developer picks up the game) And am deleting Agency 33, Nightfall and My Singing Monsters. Freeing up some much needed space on my laptop.
I did try Midnight Castle, but after a while, it just didn't hold any magic for me. The forum, I still read those people are great.
I've learned along time ago not to spend any more money on a FTP as I would on a stand alone game. I think that's only fair to me and the dev's. I will still try out a few new FTP's and if I like it I will only spend what I think is a fair amount. Just started Divine Academy, spent 4.99 on a bonus pack but that's it.

[Post New]by yellowJack01 on Aug 20, 15 3:06 PM
I'm disappointed but I got a LOT of play time out of it. So thanks, Big Fish, for the many hours of entertainment.

bi1fai
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by bi1fai on Aug 21, 15 1:34 AM
that confirm the idea that it is important not to invest in all these games called free, it is the third game stopped before the end of the story. agency 33 made us wait over eight months a ghost update !!
moral of the story: I wouldn't spend one more dollar in all these games !!!
What the next ??? wanderland .... in 9 months ???

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Aug 22, 15 2:01 AM
My question would be, if it's "such a difficult decision" to discontinue this game, how come they have recently discontinued a total of 6 FTPs that I know of, and possibly have already discontinued others I don't know about? Sounds more like an easy decision to me, with more announcements to come. My bet is that Dark Manor will be next. Midnight Castle will most likely eventually be discontinued as well, they're probably just saving it for last. Yes, I do play MC, but find it nowhere near the caliber of Awakening Kingdoms, or even Agency 33 for that matter. Unless of course you enjoy endless repetition of the same HOS over and over and over and over, with nothing to break up the boredom.

And why bother to PM a moderator? We all know by now the moderators have nothing to do with these decisions.

Well said, silver_hawk.

flakey1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by flakey1 on Aug 23, 15 4:59 AM
Well, thank you BFG, great game while it lasted. At least we know now and I can delete the game.

I'm glad I stuck to my guns - I won't spend money on FTP games, so I really can't complain when they aren't updated.

Shall continue with AK til I get to the end of it, and continue looking for other good FTP's

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Aug 23, 15 9:16 AM
Too bad. It was fun while it lasted. Glad I didn't spend much on it.

Edited on 08/23/2015 at 9:20:06 AM PST

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 24, 15 8:41 AM
You know the real pity on this is that.
If they don't want to spend more time on completing the game. Why not just sell the game to some other game company that can finish it and then actually make it a game that you can 'buy'.

If I had the time and money, I would buy this game and do just that.

Very sad really.

calmday
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

agency 33

[Post New]by calmday on Sep 3, 15 8:16 AM
you guys are crazy it not fair to stop a game in the middle i play is game again and now you are not going to finish it what is wrong with you i just want to see the end of this game and to have them beat the titans so if you can just put some updates in the game so i can finish and find out want happened the agency and if got rid of lthe titians ok please add some more of the game for people who want to see the end of the titians thank you bigfish iam a big fan of your i have play alot of games from this place love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wurmore
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wurmore on Sep 4, 15 8:52 AM
Really sad, but probably there was not enough money made with the game. Drop rates are too high, you really get things, after playing for a while Other games just cost, e.x. Wanderland, just to make some progress.
Really sad about this decision, it was fun playing while it lasted.

Edited on 09/04/2015 at 9:00:18 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 5, 15 7:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's definitely disheartening when updates for a game that you enjoy are discontinued. This was indeed a difficult decision, but we're glad to hear that so many of you did enjoy the content that is available. To clarify, decisions like these are made in conjunction with the game developer, since it is the developer who provides updates or changes to the game. As much as our players would like to have new content for the games whose updates have been recently discontinued, this is not something that Big Fish would be able to provide on our own.

Despite the recent decision to end updates for several of our Free to Play games, do rest assured that we will continue to offer this type of game, such as Midnight Castle and Gummy Drop! The silver lining that comes with the end of updates for some titles is that we can also focus on bringing you new Free to Play games to explore moving forward.

I hope this clears a few things up, and thank you all for your understanding.

bfgWaimea

wurmore
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wurmore on Sep 9, 15 9:32 AM
Apparently BFG does not understand yet, that some of us "addicts" to certain games would rather spend our montly bonus "free game" on keeping something like Agency 33 alive than wasting it one some game that's not even good for one one day's playing.

Edited on 09/09/2015 at 9:36:20 AM PST

[Post New]by pintocat1918 on Sep 11, 15 2:55 PM
that sucks I was hoping they wouldn't do that I love the game and it makes me sad please reconsider what will I do without this game .

What level can I play up to?

[Post New]by debbiedoesit on Sep 20, 15 12:32 PM
Sad that this is one that won't be continued.....what level does it go up to before there are no more updates? Thanks.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Sep 20, 15 11:11 PM
Most people reach the end of the storyline around level 52.

OwlCat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by OwlCat on Oct 19, 15 5:05 PM
Well, that's why I never pay for games.

NEVER!

There are plenty of things out there that are worth both the money and the effort and a PC game is not one of them.
Yes, I'm an A33 addict, but still won't buy a single gem.

It's sad that we won't have closure. I wish the dev had the decency to at least finish the story with one last update. Nothing fab - just to put the dot somewhere .

Well, fellow agents, it was a pleasure.

Go to: