I can't believe I paid $6.99 for this!

[Post New]by caroline1980 on Aug 10, 09 1:55 PM
I enjoyed the demo part of the game so bought it not realising the entire game, both chapters would take me less than two hours to complete. There are hardly any puzzles and I finished it really quickly. As soon as you picked up a new item it was obvious what you had to do with it. I can't believe it was over so quickly.

Really disappointed and wish I could get my money back.

pisces8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:I can't believe I paid $6.99 for this!

[Post New]by pisces8 on Aug 10, 09 3:08 PM
I totally agree. It really was the worst large file game I ever played and also the shortest as far as I can tell. My screen went black when I was almost done and no way do I want to start it over

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Aug 10, 09 4:31 PM
Seconded.

What a lame ending am I right? http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1358.page

[Post New]by anjo2410 on Aug 11, 09 10:23 AM
Thankfully I haven't bought this game. Just downloaded the trial and have sat and listened for 10 minutes without the option of 'skip' or 'exit'! Had to start task manager to get rid of it. It may well be an ok game but, frankly, I wouldn't want if for free. What a boring beginning and all in utter darkness.
Waste of time and extremely irritating. I admire those of you who had the patience to wait for it to start and even got to the end.

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Aug 11, 09 10:33 AM
I, too, didn't enjoy having to sit through all the blathering & credits before the game even started. It had nice atmosphere--spooky voices & music, but not enough substance. Why have all those doors to try if only one will work? I'm spoiled from playing really great LG adventure games like the Syberias, Return to Mysterious Island, etc. Oh well.

lemme
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by lemme on Aug 11, 09 6:07 PM
Yeah, really wish I would have read this earlier. I whole heartedly agree about paying 6.99 for this game. It wasn't just a crappy ending, but, I sat there waiting for the game to continue on. What a bust!!!!!

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Aug 11, 09 7:35 PM
Maybe if all of you who thought the game was too short, would get together and help with the cost of making these games, they can come up with a longer one for you all. I'm not really being sarcastic, but you know these games are not cheap to make and some companies are smaller than others and have to stick to a budget. Just be happy that BFG doesn't charge the full price for a game. Actually $ 6.99 is far more than reasonable.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 11, 09 8:57 PM
HighlandMax wrote:Maybe if all of you who thought the game was too short, would get together and help with the cost of making these games, they can come up with a longer one for you all. I'm not really being sarcastic, but you know these games are not cheap to make and some companies are smaller than others and have to stick to a budget. Just be happy that BFG doesn't charge the full price for a game. Actually $ 6.99 is far more than reasonable.

Actually, I only saw one post that mentioned anything about it being short. I don't think that was the main complaint about this game. Having to sit through rolling credits, no clues as to what to do, no skip key and endless boring wandering were more prominent. $6.99 or $16.99 --- it just isn't a good game. Good sound effects and good graphics couldn't make up for the lack in other areas.

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Aug 11, 09 9:25 PM
I didn't even make it through the whole 60 minutes demo... The voices are AWFUL. It's almost like listening to a "Leave It To Beaver" episode with all the stilted dialogue. Also, it REALLY peeves me when I am FORCED to sit through the credits. I get it - you made a game but to force all and sundry to read your name over and over again... Look up "narcissist" in the dictionary people before you create another game?

[Post New]by angelscrin on Aug 12, 09 4:36 AM
i played the whole game i agree the credits should be able to be skipped through also didnt like the ending so who was the destroyer come on they put alot of money in making these games yeah but at least give us an ending we can get with it just didnt make sense

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Aug 24, 09 12:24 PM
What a bad argument that they cost so much to make. If they're already in there making it, spend the extra couple days/weeks fine tuning your story and your game as a whole. You know they have several projects going on at once at most of these places just so they can constantly be releasing a game for profit. It wouldn't have killed them to spend a little more time on the game before releasing it.

I really did think it had potential. I love ghostly stories and the being chased was good. I didn't mind that tons of doors were locked, though a few open that may or may not have had anything of use could have been nice and make you forget once and a while where you needed to go (which could be good since it goes so fast). I don't remember the voices being particularly annoying except maybe some of the teenagers as ghosts. Course that might have been more about the dialogue.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Aug 25, 09 2:04 PM
It would have been nice to get through the entire game. I finished Story 1, and was halfway through Story 2 when the game disappearred! Seems when I was trying to get to the lounge, the game just quits! I tried it over and over, with the same result. No wonder it down-loaded so quickly!

[Post New]by nad123 on Sep 5, 09 6:36 AM
This game was very good but the ending was crap. It was too short and should not have been put in along with large file games.

4freedom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 4freedom on Sep 7, 09 8:17 PM
I printed out the walkthrouh, 35 pages long and can not get passed pg. 5, I can't get out of the flooded cellar! I'm soooo frustrated I may tuck this away the way that I did with Azada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 7, 09 8:24 PM
I agree this was really lame, especially for a large file,, I was through the game in less than an hour after buying it so I had made it 3/4 through on the trial.. But oh well, 7 bucks,, who cares , cheap entertainment,, we pay 15 dollars for a 90 minute movie,, so am not complaining about price,, just the easy ness of the game , so obvious and so easy ,, Factory bangs them out like grade g movies , I guess.... Oh well better luck next time I guess........WTF someone wrote the walkthrough is 35 pages,, what they do print every little tiny movement and picture,, gotta check out that walkthrough, it might be more enthralling than the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 7, 09 8:37 PM
Further comment on "Clowns" who argue how much things cost to create, If one creates it will cost , If one is sucessful the creation will pay big time .. Failure is in reality a really bad success. however for this game and the endless credits, failure may be the natural course for these writers and creators, the last person to be awarded is the creator, but they reap the biggest pile!!!!!.. It cost money to eat, but we all do it.. It cost money to drive and we all do it.. It cost money to go to work and we all do it..This particular game with the 3 zillion hours of credits and darkness was at best a rip off at any price either 6.99 or the real price of 34.95.. Wonder how those people are feeling towards the wonderful writers and their expensive costs... Same as ford with edsel..they are still whining,, the customers don't give a hoot!!! fact of life and production.. Happy swimming..

zoey13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zoey13 on Oct 10, 09 2:17 PM
I haven't bought this game but reading through all these forums I'm figuring out why adventure games are becoming so easy. Its those HOGs games. The first Azada I loved. The second I wanted to scream why...did they change? Developers ask for input; I believe that all who love and don't want adventure games to get easier and stay true to speak up to developers. For the past few months I been playing some classic adventure from steam, hoping HOGs will die down and developers realize we adventure's are still around.
And don't get me wrong I tried HOGs to me there boring.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Oct 13, 09 2:44 PM
Just in case anyone comes back and reads this...

jenak3769 in particular...

The second installment is better than the first. Less annoying screens you can't cut through and the action with the hunter is easier to get through without getting caught. I posted in that forum too.

I bought the 2nd one for the 6.99 (big for me. second one I paid "full" ::cough:: price for) and found it just as short but interesting. I guess the closed doors didn't bother me as much this time. It meant I wasn't wasting times in rooms where I couldn't do anything. Although if you see my post there you'll see it is easy to get turned around in the orphanage in part two. Very dark.

Edited on 10/16/2009 at 2:08:35 PM PST

nursekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nursekat on Oct 15, 09 4:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe some of you made it through this in 1hr.? I am stuck in this never ending hallway & am ready to delete it all together. I do like the graphics, music, creepy surroundings & storyline. However, I don't consider myself a stupid person either. Maybe some of you could give the rest of us tips on the more difficult areas of the game. I can't believe there is that much to getting past this section of the game.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Oct 16, 09 2:14 PM
The walkthrough is good except for the hallway thing. I remember googling for another walkthrough and still having to take a few leaps of faith.

Go to: