jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Error Message

[Post New]by jontesmama on Aug 10, 09 2:00 PM
I just submitted an inquiry to customer service, but I wanted to see if I could get a quicker answer here. I have used my Game Club Credit to download this game. However, I keep getting this error message that says unable to start game in full screen mode. I am not able to even see the game but I do hear the music. Anyone encounter this problem? Anyone have any other suggestions? I would really like to play the game, but at this time it seems impossible. Thanx

jolucy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Error Message

[Post New]by jolucy on Aug 10, 09 2:49 PM
hi there, im having the same problem as you... unfortunatly i didnt read this post before writing the same on a new post....if you get any answers please let me know and vice versa.

pisces8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pisces8 on Aug 10, 09 3:04 PM
I'm getting a black screen and can't continue the game. The game stinks anyway.I wouldn't waste my time worrying about playing it if I was you unless you paid for it already which you must have.

[Post New]by jesscor72 on Aug 10, 09 3:06 PM
Hi I am getting the same error messge as well. I downloaded the free 60 minute and it runs in the background, but can't see it so I lost over 30 minutes of free time. I will watch for your answer jontesmama. Thx for submitting the inquiry.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 10, 09 3:40 PM
I have the same problem. Support told me i needed to update my driver, my laptop is less than a year old. I went to the site he suggested and tried to download the updated driver and it said that it wasn't for my chipset. I then went to my manufactures web site to see if there was an update and i downloaded what i found. i also updated adobe shockwave as suggested, restarted my computer as needed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still get the same message that it cannot open full screen mode. i have to go through task manager to stop the program. Just as it is closing I see a window with the game as task manager is closing the game. Support was of no help to me at all.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Aug 10, 09 4:37 PM
That's happened to me sporadically on my less than 6 month old laptop as well. Quite frankly though ladies and gents, this game is not worth it.

Course I'd have told you the same thing, to check for updated video card drivers.

Not sure you need to update shockwave though.

jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jontesmama on Aug 11, 09 1:27 AM
Well, so far, I have no update. I just got a message back from Customer Support and they sent me a link to run a diagnostic test on my server and send it to them. It sounds like I might be headed down the same path that you guys have gone down already. Nonetheless, I will certainly update you with any information. I am currently regretting the fact that I used a Game Club Credit on this game. Very upsetting considering I cannot even play it! Here's to an optimistic outlook however

Thanks for your responses, good to know im not alone in this....(i think its good to know that. lol)

jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jontesmama on Aug 11, 09 7:36 PM
1Seashell7 wrote:I have the same problem. Support told me i needed to update my driver, my laptop is less than a year old. I went to the site he suggested and tried to download the updated driver and it said that it wasn't for my chipset. I then went to my manufactures web site to see if there was an update and i downloaded what i found. i also updated adobe shockwave as suggested, restarted my computer as needed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still get the same message that it cannot open full screen mode. i have to go through task manager to stop the program. Just as it is closing I see a window with the game as task manager is closing the game. Support was of no help to me at all.

So it looks like I am running into this same problem. If this continues....I'm going to demand a refund or another credit or something if that is possible because why should I have paid money for this and it does not work? We will see.....

jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jontesmama on Aug 12, 09 11:40 AM
Well, they did give me the same option to contact Toshiba (my manufacturer). But they also gave me the option to have my game replaced. I am going to opt for that because, as I told them, I do not need an updated driver for any other function on my computer so it seems tedious and unnecessary to do it for just one game. So we will see what happens next! Pity I never got to play this game, however.....I would have liked to give it a try regardless of the less than rave reviews! lol. Oh well.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 13, 09 1:07 PM
that is very interesting - my laptop is a Toshiba also - running vista

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 13, 09 1:09 PM
Hi just reinstalled the game and it seems to be running fine - guess it wasn't my driver after all since I never updated it???

jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jontesmama on Aug 13, 09 10:31 PM
Really?? I am running Vista as well.....I just got the laptop last December as a Christmas present.....Maybe I should try that as well. I have already settled this with Customer Support; the guy I got, Nicholas, was awesome. Very helpful....though I didnt follow the "contact your manufacturer...." part. I'll try it out tomorrow....maybe they had something fixed on it? We will see and I will post again!

[Post New]by spookylady on Aug 18, 09 5:39 PM
I'm getting the error message about not being able to run in full screen mode, too. Game won't run at all.

Does anything ever get resolved in these forums? I don't think I've seen BF post any fixes. I had problems with Defenders of the Law also.

Go to: