bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Babylonia comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 11, 09 1:04 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Babylonia. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
Enjoy a classic game with a new edge by gaining tools and supplies to restore Babylonia with your Match 3 skills! Even in timed mode, this game is a fun past time that offers rewards and beautiful scenes for games well played. The background music of harps and flutes put you at ease to help your mind escape from the world around you. There are also wonderful ambient noises, such as wind and rain, which add a sense of tranquility and almost make you wish that your screen was a portal into the blossoming scenes you’ve created. The sound effects are quite helpful to notify you when bonuses or coins are on the game board and they are also soft and non-intrusive which help to maintain the laid back flow of the game. The magnificent gardens you create around the monuments that are being restored offer a wide variety of flowers. So you’re able to customize every scene to a layout that is aesthetically pleasing for you. Overall, this is a lovely game that adds joy to not only the scenes within the game but to the life of any Match 3 lover as well.

Game Modes:
This game is available in timed or untimed mode and can also be played in full screen or windowed mode.

Depth:
There are seven different wallpapers to unlock which restore a piece of Babylonia in 20 to 30 levels each, so this game offers days of enjoyment and can be replayed countless times.

Similar to:
Babylonia is similar to Call of Atlantis and 7 Wonders of the World in game play, and also has story line similarities to Secrets of Olympus and Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Fate.

Difficulty level:
With multiple power ups as well as 4+ matching bonuses, this game can be played by any level of gamer even in timed mode.

Review by L.D.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Babylonia comments and reviews

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 11, 09 1:11 AM
Only played eleven minutes of the demo but that was enough, nice music, great sound effects, classic match 3 play, which is what I prefer. You get to build your own garden, reminds me a bit of Fishdom you have plants to poke wherever you like and then buildings to buy. Love the puffs of dandelions floating around, yep this is definitely my kind of game!

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Aug 11, 09 2:03 AM
Played it already on another site. Loved it. Downloading it now. For me it is worth a credit. No doubt about it. Glad finally has it. Did not wanted to buy it somewhere else.
You are right Mojave it is a bit like fishdom. Only now we can make a beautiful garden and do not forget to build the house too.
I see the downloading is finished so I will get started. No housekeeping for me for the rest of the day.

Happy gaming

A big

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Aug 11, 09 3:44 AM
I like this game as well but does anybody knows how many levels are there ??

joelchrist
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by joelchrist on Aug 11, 09 4:14 AM
I really dono how many levels are here in this game. Becoz i have started the game now only.

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Aug 11, 09 5:29 AM
Hi sawadee93 there are 150 levels and 8 power ups ,your going to get about 15 hours of game time out of it

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Aug 11, 09 5:50 AM
thanks Paradox ....great lots of hours of fun

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Aug 11, 09 5:53 AM
I was waiting for this one to come to bfg. Tried the demo at another site and really liked it. Like Mojave and frummy, I just loved Fishdom and this looks to have alot of the things I liked about it!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 11, 09 7:49 AM
THANKS FISHIES....

i am going to Demo IT ....I have really had FUN with the Grandpa's Factory. It got me hungry for NUTS.....I went to Wally World and got some ALMONDS a got a lrg bag. They claim that are good for you. i wonder if that counts the whole bag..yyyuuummmmy

NOW, if I buy this one, I will at least be working in the yard NOT eating..lol

Happy Gaming
PEN

Carole4451
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by Carole4451 on Aug 11, 09 8:11 AM
This game reminds me of the Jewel Match games.

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Aug 11, 09 8:38 AM
The only thing I don't like about this game is that you can't move the flowers :/ Unless I am just missing something?

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Aug 11, 09 9:46 AM
while im not a match 3 fan,I found this game to be quite enjoyable. The graphics are good the game play challenging at higher levels and the nice twist to building your own garden and structures.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 11, 09 11:35 AM
I've played this one for about two hours and have really enjoyed it. Although having to keep the flowers watered and pest free is a bit too much like time management for me, it's not bad. The powerups are interesting and different (many yet to come, I gather from the store), and the game tokens are attractive and easy to tell apart. I like the universal tokens and row clearers you get for making large matches.

Nothing much about this game is particularly original or unique, but it does take the best elements of several good match-3 games and put them together into a fresh (and nicely large) package. Also, I like the music well enough, which is rare for me.

So far, from me.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 11, 09 2:11 PM
I'm playing timed mode and am very happy with this game so far, as it would appear that the levels are going to become more difficult without having to get to level 50 or so first; I liked Flower Paradise, but it seemed to take a long time for the game to become challenging. Knowing there's a relaxed mode is also a plus, as if it gets too difficult at least I will be able to finish the game.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 11, 09 3:56 PM
If you like match-3 games, I think that you will really enjoyed this one. I've been playiing if from another site and I have not be disappointed! Glad to see that BF has finally gotten it!!

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Aug 11, 09 4:19 PM
I too played this demo at another site and was waiting as others for BF to get it.
Thanks BF. Your the best and your fans are too.

rainroosty
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rainroosty on Aug 12, 09 3:39 AM
Beautiful, fun game. Buying it this morning! :-)

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Aug 12, 09 5:28 AM
I really like it. Planting trees and flowers is a nice touch.

Nanner7506
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Nanner7506 on Aug 13, 09 4:16 AM
I am going to buy this one! I love Fishdom and have played it through about 50 times !! This is much like it. Beautiful scenery and I love the sounds. Great Game.

rita9720
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rita9720 on Aug 13, 09 9:47 AM
GRRREAT game! Please keep these Match 3 coming. A big thank you.

Go to: