bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Babylonia!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Aug 11, 09 8:53 AM
Here are some tips and tricks to help you restore Babylonia!

Keep Ishtar Happy
– If you keep your gardens full of joy, completely watered and free of bugs, Ishtar will reward you with a variety of helpful perks. Be sure to reap the rewards for the flowers you have planted!

Click Quick
– Green bottles for power ups, coins and items to help tend your garden will morph back into crystal flowers if not clicked on quickly, so be sure to nab those bonuses before they fade away.

Be a Smart Shopper
– Remember that you can use your coins for items in the Shop as well as for flowers in your garden. There are many power ups in the Shop that are a necessity in upper levels so don’t forget to pick those up in between levels to help restore Babylonia!

Since we each have our own style of playing every game, be sure to add your own tricks or tips to help other players!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Babylonia!

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 11, 09 11:41 AM
My best tip so far is not to spend all of your money too readily. Some things are expensive, and you might need to buy water and bug killer. I know I bought too many flowers for a while and got behind on the building. Think of the game prompts like TV ads telling to to buy, buy, buy. Better to accumulate a tidy little savings account.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 11, 09 12:47 PM
A small tip about the wild card "rainbow flowers." They do not automatically create a match when they line up with two of a kind. So you have three choices: You can let them float for a while, until they are needed, you can match a fourth-of-a-kind to use them, or you can click on one of the two flowers in the 3-of-a-kind match to use them in place. I hope that makes sense. The point is, they don't automatically use themselves up if they happen to come up in a match-3.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 12, 09 12:33 PM
Another tip as I move through this game: The hammer upgrades do not survive the level, but the "spells" do. It is very nice to be able to demolish a lot of chains and bricks at the beginning of a level, so leaving your spells charged at the end of a level can be a good strategy. You might as well use the hammer, because it will be lost at the end of the level.

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Aug 21, 09 6:54 AM
Hey there, here are some more tips:
if you smash a rainbow flower with the hammer it acts as a bomb, clearing a 3x3 area around it; you can buy water and pest killer right in the flower menu by pressing the "+" buttons; you can collect the coins hidden under the boxes before removing the boxes by clicking them. Hope this helps have fun!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 29, 09 11:42 AM
Those were some great hints! A couple more, because I really love this game: Don't underestimate the simple powerups. I especially love the chain lightning for clearing a troublesome tile plus getting a mini-shuffle, and the rainbow flower for getting lots of "row clearing" bonuses (with many wild cards, getting five in a row happens more or less on its own). Why would you use those and not the "heavy hitters" like the bomb? Two reasons: First, if you blow everything up, you also blow up the hidden bonuses underneath. Second, by using the "little" powerups, you deplete only a little mana and can do it again soon. IF YOU ARE PLAYING UNTIMED (can't talk about timed, never play it), playing a board too fast can leave you short of money, water, and pest killer.

One other hint about the store: The most important thing to get is a larger treasure box, so you can collect more wealth per level. Upgrading the powerups is not as critical. So don't waste all your money on ammunition. Think about how to get more money first.

[Post New]by syudilevich on Dec 23, 09 5:30 PM
I play timed; stuck on level 73...have gotten close...but no cigar. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by syudilevich on Dec 23, 09 5:32 PM
p.s. LOVE THIS GAME...!

4mica
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 4mica on Jan 19, 10 12:10 PM
Thanks Euphrates!! and Ecblisa too..

[Post New]by happyhorse72 on Feb 2, 10 6:31 PM
In addition to buying the Treasure Boxes, you should also buy the Time Stop spell if you are playing in timed mode. It can really help when finishing the later levels.

[Post New]by lgibbons on Aug 19, 10 9:58 PM
I like the game, but it gets stuck at the store. Any ideas?

Go to: