ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Old Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 19, 15 8:53 PM
While looking for an answer, I started reading some of the old posts.. what a difference time makes..

-- Remember Bank Sales
-- Remember when they launched stars and we were all speculating on what they could be used for?
-- Remember the 1st time you received a reward for logging in 7 days in a row and we were all trying to figure out why we got what we got, what the rewards were, and if level was associated with
-- Remember posting what rewards you received for playing mini-games and the cities to compile the collectible lists?

And the sadness of seeing so many great posters slowly go away.. we had and still do a great forum. Unlike many out there...

If you get a chance, take a walk down memory lane. What seems so second nature now-- boy was this place humming with speculation then..

A great read, some of them.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Old Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 19, 15 8:55 PM
Oh and my favorite..

Waiting for your energy to regenerate.. when you just wanted to play but only had like 250 energy points.. you'd wait 24 hrs, just for 15 minutes of game play?

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 19, 15 11:30 PM
Thankyou for this thread, made me smile. I remember waiting for energy to regenerate, would leave game for hours till i could play again. I remember when certain items first arrived in auction and we were desperate to get them, Financial freedom Sam was sought after and when the red shoes and top hat arrived the auction was buzzing!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 19, 15 11:59 PM
Good lord I feel old now! LOL! Oh and that low energy was the worst!

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 12:29:48 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 20, 15 1:18 AM
I remember the first time I posted in the forum and I got jumped for saying something I shouldn't have -I believe it was shock and displeasure at a Christmas quest from Billy Crawford to buy Raspberry sherbet for gold (I had no gold to speak of).

Doing battle in the auction for a woolen scarf, stove pipe, or Cossack, for a mere 5000 a piece.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 20, 15 1:21 AM
I remember the first time I posted in the forum and I got jumped for saying something I shouldn't have -I believe it was shock and displeasure at a Christmas quest from Billy Crawford to buy Raspberry sherbet for gold (I had no gold to speak of).

Doing battle in the auction for a woolen scarf, stove pipe, or Cossack, for a mere 5000 a piece.

Also remember unloading a bunch of bag of holding for 10,000 (when it was more or less unheard of getting that much for anything) OH, bet I could have gone all day without saying that eh? Or working all weekend to make 100,000 and my first million.

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 1:23:15 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 20, 15 3:48 AM
Oh, I thought of my favorite discovery that was posted - Loretta found that Theodi's finally had collectibles. She had been playing this and that before the Spring 2014 event and came in and let us know that all those items that were missing from the game had appeared in Theodi's. I do believe she also found lots of the Spring collectibles which got us all on the trail - first time we realized that items did not appear just with the quests appearing in our queue during events. That was a splendid Sunday.

GW Carver went from 15,000 to 500 in three days!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 20, 15 6:58 AM
Talk about a trip down memory lane. I was here for all this though I was shy about the forum back then. Imagine that! lol. This game and its forum is precious to me.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 20, 15 8:10 AM
MPendo don't worry about feeling shy about joining a forum. Believe it or not If it wasn't for Teodi's mess back in February, you'd all would have had a less rambling forum as I never came on board. Now just look at the monster that was created...Lol I just saw our Oddly rolling her eyes and here comes the smack! OUCH! LOL...

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 20, 15 11:50 AM
Children!! I was remembering when i first joined forum, if i remember it was Oddly who PM'd me first and told me to speak my mind as i said something that was taken wrong, bet you wish you had'nt now! Thankyou anyway as the forum has been really good for me. Are you saying that without Teodi you wouldnt have joined, Damn that stupid tailor, LOL, Who would i moan and groan to without you and Oddly!!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 20, 15 12:11 PM
Well Our Oddly was/is still the mentor and the go to person! I tried to help her back then as everybody was up in arms about Teodi. Someone had to help gather the threads, put the info out. It was bedlam after that update with all the glitches. It wasn't till early February that we nailed the missing tools. it was Chestnut I think had finally had it and blew up at BZ to get it fixed.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 20, 15 12:48 PM
That was the only time i lost my rag completely, remember messaging them myself and threatening to throw my laptop, doesnt happen very often but i can throw a hissy fit when needed!!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Aug 20, 15 3:18 PM
My memories are mainly just enjoying the game so much and getting frustrated with those who only posted criticisms all the time...... I got a terrible reputation for defending the developers who had done such a wonderful job on the game. Yes, ok, there were some glitches, but this is such a massive game with so much content in it - no wonder it was not perfect in every detail.....

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 20, 15 4:06 PM
I second you Wulf. I don't have that much gaming experience as I have hung out here and over in AK for 2 years now. The vision that the developers had for ART was perhaps, before its time. I would urge them to re tool their model, we are willing to pay for new content. We're not willingly leaving, especially for the likes of Dummy...

As always - Cheers

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Aug 21, 15 10:35 AM
I second what everybody is saying. This game has been a pleasure, and the forum has been a godsend. When I finally got Monika to confirm the grid layout for Teodi's I actually felt like a hero, and now what is on pink's site is invaluable. I am actually thinking we are all going to really enjoy the pirates day quests, as there are so many of them. I am looking forward to playing the game even more.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 21, 15 9:14 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:I remember the first time I posted in the forum and I got jumped for saying something I shouldn't have -I believe it was shock and displeasure at a Christmas quest from Billy Crawford to buy Raspberry sherbet for gold (I had no gold to speak of).

Funny.. I remember my first post too. At the time, there were a few factions on the forum, if you remember. And I was nervous on who would respond. I'd only been a reader before..

There were the developer apologists and cheerleaders,
The continual naysayers, who complained about everything yet continued to play,
And the majority who were just looking for answers to being stuck & those who would help.

Good times.. those debates, weren't they?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 21, 15 10:37 PM
CH - Many of us are still here, still debating. Truly I don't remember my first post. Long ago...

'Factions in the forum'? Still there.

"Waiting for Energy to regenerate" I very quickly learned how to fill my collections and earn coin at auction. Auction is your friend.

I'm like an elephant, I remember everything (mostly pleasurable).

Cheers

Edited on 08/21/2015 at 10:39:15 PM PST

Go to: