alinarouge
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Up Free To Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by alinarouge on Feb 12, 14 2:50 PM
Before updating I DO reccomend to save your previous profile data, THEN you can try the new update!
Saving one's profile data is the oinly way to keep playing eithout losing anything of what you have.

As far as the new updare is concerned, at the MOMENT all seems to be ok.
I tried to cultivate the "terrific" NEW FLOWERS and NEW BUSHES once again, to test the new update.
Tomorrow I will be able to say if Error Access will appear again or not.

[Post New]by AuntieMoses on Feb 12, 14 3:10 PM
I just downloaded the update, but I still can't get into the game because the "Continue" button is not activated.

So when will it REALLY be fixed?????

cmund
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cmund on Feb 12, 14 4:01 PM
Hi,
I installed the update released today in the hope that it would fix all my problems:
ALL characters are frozen but got doubles that do stuff, except for Jennifer. She just stands there frozen.
I can't plant, harvest or revive anything. And as for that, I can't fulfill tasks that are still open because I get no wheat etc.
The animals still work with everything but I can't do much with only eggs or milk.
ALL my collections had emptied out after the previous update.
ALL cities are locked, greyed out, blocked - no new tasks.
I run the game on a Windows 7 laptop with plenty of RAM and disk space.
Is my only solution to uninstall and reinstall? Will I lose all my progress, I'm at level 38?

frogmatic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by frogmatic on Feb 12, 14 4:12 PM
Just want to add my name to the long list of people who are still getting an access violation when trying to open this game after the latest update.

Given that Farm Up has worked fine for me for a long, long time and that nothing new was added (at least not in the previous update, which was the last time I could open it), except a few more crops and some more quests - surely it should not have been that hard to program correctly - - both have been added successfully in previous updates!

I've finally given in and sent a Dr Felix to tech support - maybe if everyone who still has a problem does this the flood of requests will get things moving!

Patience is a virtue - but, seriously, this is getting way beyond any reasonable person's limits!

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Feb 12, 14 4:16 PM
Yep- just another member adding my name to the list of people still having access violations despite the "fix". Interesting thing- I updated my game on my work computer and it runs fine. Both computer are Windows 7, but I never did the original messed up update on the work one- just skipped straight to the new patch. Unfortunately I'm on level 3 at work and was on level 35 at home....

[Post New]by Deedriam2002 on Feb 12, 14 4:41 PM
Adding my name to the list - I was so excited when I saw the update and so excited when it started to load - then the error message appeared.

I love this game - when it works.

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by minmer on Feb 12, 14 4:45 PM
frogmatic wrote:Just want to add my name to the long list of people who are still getting an access violation when trying to open this game after the latest update.

Given that Farm Up has worked fine for me for a long, long time and that nothing new was added (at least not in the previous update, which was the last time I could open it), except a few more crops and some more quests - surely it should not have been that hard to program correctly - - both have been added successfully in previous updates!

Want to add my name to the long list as well. I also fail to understand why a game that has run without major problems for such a long time all of a sudden doesn`t work at all anymore.

Twinmom007
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Twinmom007 on Feb 12, 14 5:09 PM
Please do keep adding your names. We need to get them to realize that it is a growing majority that have unplayable or badly corrupted games. The last patch was a bug fix and holiday content all in one.

I just received a response essentially telling me that they tested the patch on their office computers and it worked fine, and that only a small number of players have this problem.

They say they will pass it on to the developers yet again.

Here is to hoping us "small group of players" do not have to wait for another month for remedy.

At some point it has to dawn on them how much revenue they are losing daily, as this is a free to play game, and only generates revenue IF we can access the game to play and buy gold.

wtchytig
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wtchytig on Feb 12, 14 5:22 PM
Seems like there is more than "a small group" of players that cannot access the game. For every player that is reporting a problem, there are a lot more suffering in silence. Tech support is only hearing from a small portion of players who are getting more frustrated every day.
Does anyone else see where this is heading? This is a free to play version full of bugs that no one can play properly. How long before they come out and say that if we all want to upgrade to the paid version, they will guarantee it will work fine.
Because of the problems with this game, they are losing a lot of money, not just from people not being able to play, but people will not be spending real money on other games just to lose it when one of the updates ruins yet another game.

Moxi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Moxi on Feb 12, 14 5:27 PM
I'm still having issues even after the Valentines update. The game gets to the load screen and completely shuts down. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

[Post New]by Zania85 on Feb 12, 14 5:32 PM
yay! finally an update. but, no.... this bug fix and holiday whatever still isn't allowing me to play the game I've not been able to play since the last "update"/"game kill". Game runs through the beginning Big Fish/**** Games, and up to the load/update page, gets 1/2 way through the loading line and bam! I'm seeing yet again "Error: access violation at 0x00436747 (tried to read from 0x07C01000) program terminated."

I even removed the game via the bf game uninstall and re-downloading it after a reboot. I then tried removing it with my add/remove programs and having my computer search for Farm Up files. I removed the file from the windows folder as well. rebooted, re-downloaded and tried to play with the same results.

Really disappointed that **** can't seem to get this right. I've enjoyed some of their other time management games, have even bought a couple. But, if this is how they are managing and developing over there now, I'm not investing in any of their products. I know a lot of us have been waiting for the "fix/update" for several weeks. just shy of 3 weeks to be exact.

To buy your products or invest in these free to play, buy to speed up progress games, we've got to be able to believe when you have a problem, it will be addressed in a timely manner. 3 weeks isn't exactly what I would call "faith building" in your products or your intent to keep your customers happy.

Please fix this or pull it from the free to play games. I still have some hope you can get this right. I really enjoy the game, but, you can't enjoy something you can't play.

[Post New]by kayeadamsrdh on Feb 12, 14 5:57 PM
Tried the update -- still getting the access violation message.

Before all the post update problems I would have bought the game if that was an alternative but the fact that the problems still aren't fixed leads me to conclude that a purchased game would be no better than the free to play version with the option to buy gold, etc.

Just saying.

[Post New]by DaisyxDuck on Feb 12, 14 7:36 PM
I've just updated the update that's supposed to fix the access violation error message... yes I did say 'supposed' to fix, because it hasn't fixed it! I'm still not able to play my game, I spent a bit of money on this buying gold coins etc, Quite frankly I am disgusted and I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I would like every dollar I have spent on this now completely useless game back. I would rather spend it on another game, one that actually works.

[Post New]by TxMagic on Feb 12, 14 8:04 PM
Have the purchased version of the game.
Been playing way before it was "free 2 play".
Did not receive the 1/24 update.
Java was updated at least a month ago. I am certain because I had issue with a different game on another platform after Java updated.
Was delighted to see a Farm Up update yesterday. Too cool!
Installed the update . . . actually had no choice because the game wouldn't play - access violation error message.
After update installed - still access violation error.
Can't play a paid game.
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssse let us revert to the game we paid $ to play - no update!!! GIVE ME BACK MY GAME!

[Post New]by bluebutterfly036 on Feb 12, 14 8:49 PM
so disappointed I thought the new update would let me play my game but no such luck, still giving me the access violation... I've really missed playing my game to bad they can't fix it..

[Post New]by zebra0610 on Feb 12, 14 10:15 PM
Downloaded the "New" valentine update today, still no go. I am still getting an access error, although I can say at least the continue button will light up now. I am so angry over this, I have been a loyal bigfish customer for a very long time, three years I think. In that time I have purchased a good many games, I have probably put over a hundred dollars into farm up alone since may of last year and this is the best that they can do. You cannot tell me that the developer does not have the coding for the original! I simply cannot fathom what the reasoning could possibly be for not rolling back the game to the programming available prior to the January 24th update. To my knowledge most players were accessing their games just fine before this major gaff of an update. Seems to me that the most logical solution would be just to ro\l back the game and then fix the bugs BEFORE re-releasing the update, but what do I know? I'm just a dumb gamer. I'm so fed up I can't stand it. So, that said, add my name to the list of customers bigfish has that is incredibly dissatisfied right now. All I can say is something in this pond stinks.

[Post New]by wagners2000 on Feb 12, 14 10:22 PM
Just downloaded the Farm Up Feb 12 update and I was so excited since I haven't been able to play in almost 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I still got the access violation! I give up

Edited on 02/12/2014 at 10:25:25 PM PST

[Post New]by coolweather on Feb 12, 14 11:16 PM
Downloaded Valentines update. No change in Fishing pond.

[Post New]by jaxxxx on Feb 13, 14 12:21 AM
No change with new update for me either. Still stops before opening with an error message. Same with Midnight Manor.

[Post New]by ljs579 on Feb 13, 14 1:02 AM
Valentine Update did NOT fix going Access Violation Error. Uninstalling and reinstalling did NOT fix either. This is getting very frustrating.

Go to: