Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH SSUES for Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 20, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 6:07:50 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH SSUES for Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 20, 15 2:23 AM
Here we go again...I love this series but once again only Elephant games give you sparkles in 'custom' mode, even though they are turned off. Decided to ditch custom mode and play mode without sparkles, but with hints and skips. Now this gives me black bar tips that I don't want!

If all other devs can manage it, why can't Elephant games??

Playing on Mac OS X running Yosemite.

Won't buy until this issue is fixed, as sparkles drive me nuts.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH SSUES for Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 20, 15 6:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Scubadoobiedoo on Aug 20, 15 8:30 AM
The game downloaded but will not open on my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. It's an early 2008 macbook so cannot be upgraded.

[Post New]by AndrewParrish on Aug 20, 15 9:47 AM
After extinguishing the fire in the hotel upstairs, I selected the window and the game froze my computer. I could not continue my saved game after that happened.

Windows 7 Home (64)

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 10:56:09 AM PST

mamurphy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mamurphy on Aug 20, 15 10:14 AM
Hi Im Having the same issues as the other posts are having I to have Another game that did the samething Child of Prophecy never did sended link to fix. I just removed it?

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Aug 20, 15 11:53 AM
Scubadoobiedoo wrote:The game downloaded but will not open on my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. It's an early 2008 macbook so cannot be upgraded.
Hey there Scubadoobiedoo,

Looking at the information on the product page, it looks like this particular Collector's Edition requires 10.8 and above.

Game System Requirements:
CPU: 2.5 GHz (INTEL ONLY)
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Drive: 1315 MB

-bfgOkeechobee

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 11:53:29 AM PST

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Aug 20, 15 2:45 PM
mamurphy wrote:Hi Im Having the same issues as the other posts are having I to have Another game that did the samething Child of Prophecy never did sended link to fix. I just removed it?

Mother Murphy, there have been 3 different problems reported, and each poster has a different system.

Can you be more specific about the problem, and tell us what Operating System you are using?

Then we might be able to help!

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 20, 15 6:52 PM
At last count, I have Ctrl Alt Del 15 times and I'm not even half way through the game. Keeps crashing and I get the dreaded black screen of death. I am running Windows 7 Home Edition 64. Frustrating to say the least. Sure does take all the fun out of it. Oh and the irony? I used a CC from another game that was sent to me that had not worked, so they sent a replacement code. Ha ha, joke's on me! Useless, worthless, and it's business as usual.

Addendum: Make that 16. I am at the "insert plug here" which is the point that I can no longer go ANY further. Game is simply not responding. What a waste.

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 6:58:24 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 21, 15 10:07 AM
Scubadoobiedoo wrote:The game downloaded but will not open on my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. It's an early 2008 macbook so cannot be upgraded.

The game doesn't support Mac OS 10.07 - Lion, or other OS prior to Lion. See "Game Requirement" at BFG main page.

Edited on 08/21/2015 at 10:07:51 AM PST

[Post New]by plainjayne55 on Aug 21, 15 12:40 PM
From reading the post by the moderator ... it states that this game supports Windows 10.8 and above. If that is the case indeed ... I won't be able to play this game as I won't install 10 until some of the bugs are worked out with it. I feel that before anyone purchases this game, a warning needs to be posted about what operating system will support this. I guess I'm confused ... why would BFG accept sales if few actually are using the latest and greatest (supposedly) version of Windows. Scratching my head over this one!! Just going off the moderators post even though on the BFG system requirements ... it shows 7, 8 etc.

Edited on 08/21/2015 at 1:52:32 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Aug 22, 15 12:56 AM
plainjayne55 wrote:From reading the post by the moderator ... it states that this game supports Windows 10.8 and above. If that is the case indeed ... I won't be able to play this game as I won't install 10 until some of the bugs are worked out with it. I feel that before anyone purchases this game, a warning needs to be posted about what operating system will support this. I guess I'm confused ... why would BFG accept sales if few actually are using the latest and greatest (supposedly) version of Windows. Scratching my head over this one!! Just going off the moderators post even though on the BFG system requirements ... it shows 7, 8 etc.

Hello, plainjayne55,

The Mod was responding to Scubadoobiedoo who is playing with a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on a 2008 Macbook that cannot be upgraded.

The requirements to play the game on a PC are:

Game System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
CPU: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 1479 MB

Hope this helps.

BK

eta to add: I played the entire demo with no Tech problems at all.
I am playing on an HP TouchSmart All-in-One running W7 Home Premium 64 bit OS.

Edited on 08/22/2015 at 2:33:12 AM PST

[Post New]by martyjeanne on Aug 22, 15 5:13 AM
After Purchasing this game the download ran just fine. The install appeared to run okay also. BUT!!!! The game will not ACTIVATE. Just keeps saying "Activating" and hangs up. Have uninstalled and re-tried, but same result. Anyone have any help?

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 22, 15 10:35 AM
Hi, not activating? Had this problem with another game. Could solve it by uninstalling the game app and installing the latest version of this. Then I installed from my purchase history and installing and activating went fine.

It was just an idea, worked. You could try, wish you the best!

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Aug 22, 15 7:38 PM
I am playing on Windows 7. The game played great for the demo. I bought the game and about 1/3 into the game it crashed and had to ctrl alt delete and now the game won't even launch, it's just a black screen with a loading cursor.

[Post New]by IM_LUCIFER on Aug 22, 15 9:17 PM
Game keeps going to partial black screen. I have to return to menu then press play again then everything fine for a little while. Using Windows 7 professional 32bit.

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Aug 23, 15 8:37 AM
The pipe puzzle in Chapter 4 (Amanda's Office) is not solvable as written, even when using the strategy guide. It works up to Step J and then that is an impossible move and there are no pipes that can be removed from the screen.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 23, 15 9:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. Thank you BearKat for clarifying that the post was indeed in regards to the requirements for the Mac operation systems and not the PC requirements.

exact, blessed34, and IM_LUCIFER, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashing and black screen issues. Please look at the following help article for hints:

martyjeanne, it is definitely interesting that this game won't activate on your computer. Thank you rainworm for the tips in what worked for you. It may also be helpful to try installing the game with the Big Fish Games App in alternate method. I'll include a help article with steps below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help look into this for you.

ajtho1, please ensure that the video graphics card on your computer is up to date. I'll include a help article below:

if you find that there is still trouble progressing through this chapter, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

captzeno
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by captzeno on Aug 25, 15 4:21 PM
I looked at the various comments regarding technical issues and mine wasn't covered, surprisingly enough. Then again I've never had this particular problem occur in any other game before.
I'll refer to this problem as "white out" because for some inexplicable reason the background becomes white while the typical high lighted areas stay on the screen. It reminds me of the technique you would associate with movies when you use a matte painting to fill in the background of movie shot but it's not really there, just a background that needed to be filled in. It's the damned-nest thing I've encountered. It happened during the demo but I thought "Well, I know that won't happen when I download the game." But it did and wouldn't you know it, it happened in the very last scene when you're trying to stop Duke and rescue Steven.
At that point there was a visible seam in the picture on the screen and looked like James was standing in the middle of the river --not standing on something -- just standing in the middle of the river.
Did anybody else encounter anything like this? I'd be curious to know. I've already contacted customer service about this but I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience. I did manage to finally finish the game, after going to the main menu, clicking play and resuming the game. But that was annoying, to say the least.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 30, 15 7:34 AM
captzeno, I had the same problem with the guy standing in the river and things just floating around. Had to use hints several times to finish the scene. That was the first problem I'd had with the game. I thought I'd check and see if anyone else had the problem.

Now, I'm finding it impossible to finish the bonus chapter because of a wonky cursor. Disappointing end to a good game.

I have Vista.

Go to: