Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 22, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/22/2015 at 6:22:31 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Aug 22, 15 5:13 AM
This is a standard resource collecting game, like the other in the series.

There is a relaxed, casual and expert mode.

What's new or different in this game? Absolutely nothing as far as I've played.

Strategy? Not much, not for me anyway. I like to be making decisions during the game. By the end of the demo 11 levels I had only had to do that once - that isn't enough for me. I could get gold just by allocating a worker to the next thing to do.There are a lot of extra tasks you don't need to complete so if you don't see a clear line to your goal you might get side-tracked.

What I didn't like: With certain tasks they shake the screen. I hate that - I don't know why developers think anyone would enjoy seeing their screen shake in a game - it's horrible. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often. It's a game designed to keep you busy, so you need a whole lot of resources for the tasks and you are going to spend the majority of the game just collecting resources for the final obstacle or two. I get bored very quickly when I'm just doing the same repetitive motion - get food, get food, get food, okay, get golden tooth, get food, get food, get food ... you see, this is what the game is like.

Why would you want to play it? For those that enjoy these kinds of games in relaxed mode, this one will keep you entertained. There are enough hidden extras like the puzzle pieces. I've also seen a few people enjoy the timed games but don't want a crazy challenge. I think you'll like this one.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gamblebug on Aug 22, 15 5:30 AM
not much on time management games, but those that do enjoy.What makes this a CE?Diappointed no since we always see a hidden object game on Thursday and Saturday.Could had this as soft release haven't seen one of those in a long time.So no Ce's for me this week.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 22, 15 6:04 AM
Same as the first ones. Collect and build. Nothing new . We finally get a TM game and it's an overpriced Collector's Edition.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 22, 15 6:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Aug 22, 15 6:31 AM
mkastor wrote:Same as the first ones. Collect and build. Nothing new . We finally get a TM game and it's an overpriced Collector's Edition.

Same old items to collect too--cheese wheel, steak slice, logs, and gold coins. But, there are "Over 50 levels with new music and a new story!" [b]

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Aug 22, 15 6:35 AM
There isn't any reason for this game to be called and priced as a collector's edition.
It's also damned annoying the way they keep popping up making their remarks when you're trying to gather resources. No buy.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Aug 22, 15 7:32 AM
mkastor wrote:Same as the first ones. Collect and build. Nothing new . We finally get a TM game and it's an overpriced Collector's Edition.
sure is for members ,We as members should have sale price at 6.99 not $2.oo dollars higher.That's what not member's are charged, in that case why be a member.I just don't get that.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 22, 15 7:47 AM
palegoldfish wrote:There isn't any reason for this game to be called and priced as a collector's edition.
It's also damned annoying the way they keep popping up making their remarks when you're trying to gather resources. No buy.

...AND the screen shaking whenever something is built! Between the comments on the screen from various cartoon people and the weird shaky "Yay..you built something!" , I'll have a motion induced stroke happening by Level 5!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 22, 15 8:39 AM
What a disappointing CE this turned out to be Absolutely nothing new in the tediously repetitive gameplay makes this worth even the sale price, never mind the cost of a CE.

I love these building construction, road clearing, resource collecting games as a rule. Royal Envoy, Island Tribe and Northern Tale are favourites of mine and they all have something in common; characters that are likeable and a charm that makes me want to replay them over and over. Rush For Gold: California is another one I play again, for the same reasons. But this game has all the charm of a flat tyre and the characters aren't particularly likeable either.

The first in the series was ok. The rest were just repeats of the first one. I lasted 10 minutes with this one before realising it was also just the same. Didn't even try Thursday's CE as Elephant Games are becoming repetitious and won't be buying this CE or the SE version.

Very disappointing

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 22, 15 11:40 AM
Based on both the beta AND the CE demos.

Let me get this out of the way first and foremost....... I LOVE LOVE LOVE hart4 love this game!!!!! Okay, just once more ..... LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

The gods are angry with Hercules and wanted to seek revenge, but there was a celebration for him first. Go figure. Hercules drank Beer and drank Beer ..... and drank Beer some more ..... during his party and, soon enough, a potion was poured into his cup without his knowledge. A year later, Hercules is so sick he can't get out of bed. sick1 sick2 dead The gods are very happy about this. But, Hercules rises to the occasion and off he goes to rebuild the kingdom which became a desert wasteland during his illness .

I have NEVER seen such amazing graphics in a "build it" type game. AMAZING! The music was a bit ....... well ........ sometimes it sounded like "countdown" clock music which bothered me since I was playing an untimed clock mode. The voice overs were the best yet in this game series. 3 difficulty modes: Relaxed (untimed - YAY), Casual and Expert.

The gist of the game is the same as previously in this series. Gather wood, gold and more. Put out fires, watch for the hydrant (to use to put out said fires), rescue people, fix the pointer (sign) so you know which was to exit and leave that area to go to the next challenge. In the casual and expert modes, you can earn up to 3 gold stars , depending how well you do in each level. In all the modes, you have "bonuses" in the form of an extra man and extra resources.

I was so enthralled with the beta I wanted to stop playing and purchase it immediately! I had to remind myself that it was only a beta! In fact, I've replayed the beta several times ...... a week ...... waiting impatiently (we all know I have NO patience ) for its release. I don't know, thought, what makes it a CE.

Join me in rebuilding a deserted wasteland with Hercules and, always .......................

ENJOY!

Overall Impression: DO NOT let this gem get away!

Edited on 08/22/2015 at 11:41:58 AM PST

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Aug 22, 15 12:58 PM

I agree. The only Extras are some wallpaper scenes and a guide which you don't really need. Why in the world would they think this is a CE?

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Aug 22, 15 5:13 PM
Me neither gamblebug, Very disappointed at the change.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Aug 22, 15 7:22 PM
I have to agree with others who say that calling this a "Collector's Edition" is a joke. We, who love TM games, are almost ready to jump on anything that even looks like a TM game after the endless HOGs with goblins, crows, wolves, etc. However, I am disappointed in this game.

BFG has provided us with 3 TM games in the last few weeks (Brownies, Gnomes Gardens, and now this). I, for one, was ecstatic when I saw 12 Labors of Hercules!! However, after 7 or 8 levels, I knew I had been had. Collector's Edition???? Really???

I like to play Expert level. I'm still confused as to what I'm supposed to do, especially when it comes to collecting items other than the puzzle pieces. When I finish a level, I see one big star rather than 3 stars which leads me to believe I was supposed to do something other than finishing the level within the 3 star level.

I hate to have to berate this game as I have been craving more TM games, but at the same time, I have to be honest and say 1) this should never have been a collector's edition, and 2) the game is basically boring and unrealistic in trying to reach expert time/rewards.

I did buy the game, and will play until the end. But, I have to say I am a tad let down with this effort. I know it will be a long time before we see another TM game because development on these games takes way too much time for more releases. Sigh ....

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Aug 22, 15 11:29 PM
Janette5 wrote:
What I didn't like: With certain tasks they shake the screen. I hate that - I don't know why developers think anyone would enjoy seeing their screen shake in a game - it's horrible. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often. It's a game designed to keep you busy, so you need a whole lot of resources for the tasks and you are going to spend the majority of the game just collecting resources for the final obstacle or two. I get bored very quickly when I'm just doing the same repetitive motion - get food, get food, get food, okay, get golden tooth, get food, get food, get food ... you see, this is what the game is like.

Very much what you said, Janette.

I enjoy strategy in a time management game, not continuous clicking to pick up resources. It's a cheap device that means you spend most of your time being a supply drone instead of figuring out how best to allocate resources and complete tasks in the least amount of time. I prefer to build my factories and then concentrate on keeping my supplies in mind while strategizing.

It's a shame because I think the clear graphics are very pleasant to look at and the storyline isn't offensive.

Furthermore, the constant clicking and minor mouse movements make this a no-buy for people like me, who use their computer for a living and have to be constantly on the alert for RSI in their arms and shoulders.

All this said, this has no business being a collector's edition. Most collector's editions don't have any business being collector's editions, but this is absolutely absurd. Bilking loyal customers out of money for nothing is no way to go through life, son.

Edited on 08/22/2015 at 11:30:09 PM PST

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 23, 15 1:40 AM
I like all the Hercules games and keep playing them over and over. With this one I am hoping that at the end there will be a full bonus level not just a bonus game like the others. This game sis a lot different as it has little extras to find like the jugs and mushrooms etc. plus I noticed that the items are more expensive than in previous ones, but the good added extras that instead of having something fly across the screen you have a bad Hercules to get rid of and also you have an exchange point where you can exchange food and wood for gold. nice new, little touch I may add. It is a buy as I did straight away as I do love this collection. One thing I have noticed, so far, that the puzzle pieces are quite easy to find. but I am sure they will get harder as I go along. I have only reached level 2 at the moment and enjoying every level. Have fun little fishes.

magr8r
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

I like the game

[Post New]by magr8r on Aug 23, 15 9:31 AM
I bought the CE because it was available and didn't want to wait. I like the game. Still trying to figure out the 'side games' (hidden objects) within the level. Maybe not explained real well. In fact, I came out here to get some answers.
I like TM games and usually buy all of them. Not all are as good as this but a lot are way better. I give this one a '7' and I will keep playing it.
BTW, I have been a member for almost 10 years now. If my scrawny 6.99 will help keep them in business then I am glad to do it.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Aug 24, 15 3:55 AM
I'm a BIG fan of TM games, and am not particularly disappointed with the game play of this one. It is about what I expected. Not much different than the previous 3 Hercules games. BUT...it is NOT a CE game. There is nothing extra here except wallpapers and unless you're 6 yrs old, I doubt if anyone will use them. Really sorry I didn't wait for the standard edition. This was a rip-off for a CE. But I am enjoying the nice relaxing, non-anxiety producing gameplay. Of course, I am playing casual, so as to score gold on every level, and will try expert once I'm done. That will probably raise the anxiety level a little. Maybe I should call it excitement level to generate a little more interest.

All in all, don't waste your money on the CE. Wait for the standard and pay $2 less or use a coupon.

katiek

polcross
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by polcross on Aug 24, 15 8:22 AM
I loved all the other Hercules games and bought them all. BUT the latest Mother Nature game, please how do I switch off those really annoying huge labels every minute or so; how can you settle to a game?!!! How can you concentrate at all? It is like have someone walking past the screen all the time ....or is it part of the game , to try and see what you are doing or aiming at thought the chaos?
I can't buy this I am too cross.

[Post New]by tortitude on Aug 25, 15 2:11 PM
I have enjoyed previous Hercules games, even though they are rather samey.

I'll join in with others.....why is this a CE game? Wallpapers and a hastily put together strategy guide that you don't need and this is meant to be CE?

My fault for not trying before buying, expensive even with member's discount ..

Go to: