bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 14, 09 1:07 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Autumn’s Treasures. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
With a storyline that truly draws you in, Autumn’s Treasures gives you a thrilling adventure that challenges you more than most theaters ever would. As you travel across the world, you’ll be able to experience all of the beautifully detailed graphics and enjoy the varying music that matches the tone for each location. The main character, Autumn, walks you through each discovery and serves as a wonderful link to engage the player and make them feel as though they are working as a team. Autumn also has a personality that is easy to relate to and can definitely resonate as someone you would want along with you on your journey. The hidden objects are added to each scene after the previous one has been located, which adds a dash of intrigue to keep the player engrossed in game play. Since all of the hidden objects are pieces of inventory items, you’ll never be bored searching for the same things again and again. Forget your worries and help Autumn resolve her own in this quest to uncover the truth behind a secret that has been concealed for centuries!

Game Modes:
By being able to play this untimed game in either full screen or windowed mode, choose to hear the full character dialogue and even activate the custom cursor, the player is given the power to play however they desire.

Depth:
Autumn has nine different locations to explore before she can figure out the riddle, so her adventures would give even an advanced player multiple hours of excitement.

Similar to:
If you enjoyed Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery, Kuros or Department 42: Mystery of the Nine, then you’ll definitely have fun playing Autumn’s Treasures.

Difficulty level:
Since all of the items are hidden in well lit areas and skip puzzle options are available for less experienced players, this game is a great choice for anyone that enjoys a challenge or an escapade across the globe.

Review by L.D.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin comments and reviews

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 14, 09 1:40 AM
Another must have for me. I love that the journal tells you your goals for each level, it's like having three hint systems. You mouse over the image and it tell you what parts you have left to find. You have the amulent to give you more direct hints. The graphics are well done. I haven't had to struggle/strain to find even the smallest object. It reminds me of Treasure Seekers. I really enjoyed the demo.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 14, 09 3:07 AM
played the trial version, and loving it, great graphics, a MUST buy it
Cisca

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 14, 09 5:27 AM
i have got about 15 mins left of the trial and am enjoying it very much, have to buy it when i get some £"s in the bank...lol x x x

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Aug 14, 09 5:36 AM
very nice game. i try demo and can't wait to play it for full!!

[Post New]by lil_barracuda on Aug 14, 09 5:39 AM
Awesome game, almost done with my trial time, will definitely be buying this one.

[Post New]by borntoplayitnow on Aug 14, 09 5:43 AM
This is a very unique game! Big Fish has a winner here - I'm buying it when I get home! I already played my first hour at work I just have to start over again when I get home tonight! I'm excited.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 14, 09 6:21 AM
This is in General the type of game I love.... except I find the mini games are too too easy until the tomb then it is hard to get the square correct knowing what should be done but only have one place to move. also find the objects a bit too obscure, but in General the type I love and there was one very similar to this,but forgot the name sorry was it Hidden Exhibition, hope more come out.

1/2

lineck

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 14, 09 6:26 AM
A "treasure" for me too! WooHoo!

Played 4 minutes, tested if it has an Auto-Save for me (sometimes in some games it isn't working), and run to buy!

Thanks BF!

Keep them coming!

Edited on 08/14/2009 at 6:26:56 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 14, 09 6:40 AM
i love the fact that it is a HOG with a purpose for finding the items. I, too, will buy this game

[Post New]by buttercup06 on Aug 14, 09 7:43 AM
this is the type of game i really enjoy. bought it before trial finished. I've found all the bits and pieces but can't figure out where to put the step ladder. grrr frustration moving in but i will get it!!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 14, 09 7:59 AM
i played about 30 minutes of the demo and then purchased it. i love this type of game, story keeps you captivated, scenes are nicely done, and i love the collect pieces of items and then using them together to do something else. i would definitely recommend this game to all hog lovers.

i give it 1/2

cepe
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by cepe on Aug 14, 09 8:11 AM
Buttercup06 - I can help if you're still stuck

Welcome to the pond

Datguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Datguy on Aug 14, 09 8:16 AM
buttercup06 wrote:this is the type of game i really enjoy. bought it before trial finished. I've found all the bits and pieces but can't figure out where to put the step ladder. grrr frustration moving in but i will get it!!!

You can try looking in your Journal on the lower-right, that will give you a hint on what to do with the step-ladder.

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Aug 14, 09 8:21 AM
buttercup06 wrote:this is the type of game i really enjoy. bought it before trial finished. I've found all the bits and pieces but can't figure out where to put the step ladder. grrr frustration moving in but i will get it!!!

The ladder was a ??? for me too, but you lift it up to the chains! I know....you'd think it would go on the floor under the chains but no...

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Aug 14, 09 8:29 AM
Excellent game. Finished it about 5 hours but would play it again. Well worth the purchase. Looking forward to the next game in the series.

BUY IT!!

kath70
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kath70 on Aug 14, 09 8:30 AM
I have downloaded the trial version, it picks up the hammer at the start but wont allow me to go any further, it points to the door but nothing happens when i try to proceed, I think i will have to delete it and try re-installing it!.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 14, 09 8:41 AM
Autumn`s Treasures is a nice Hog. I played it through the trial time and I think I will buy it.

rkweaver
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rkweaver on Aug 14, 09 8:55 AM
having same problem as alot of others are..... pick up hammer head then try the door and nothing happens but the arrow conitunes to flash back and forth and the box saying to use door is still on screen.....

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Aug 14, 09 9:21 AM
rkweaver when you get the hammer use it on the safe in wall

Go to: