Autumn treasures

 

Autumn treasures

[Post New]by debramassey on Aug 14, 09 2:48 AM
Right at the begining of the game once I pick up the hammer I can not go through the door?
Help

 

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by lizkate on Aug 14, 09 2:53 AM
Same problem-game locks up after I pick up the hammer piece.
Prior to that, a white light outlines the door and the picture-then the light disappears.
Large arrow pointing to door just moves back and forth, pointing to door.
Clicked all around-no luck.
Deleted game, cleaned out browser settings, restarted computer.
Reloaded game.
Same problem.
Kate in MI

 
dagai
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by dagai on Aug 14, 09 3:01 AM
ss to hear about freezing problem i am d/l ing now hope i don't have the same problem

 
devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by devonview on Aug 14, 09 3:18 AM
I've had the same problem too - hope it can be sorted as it sounds as though it would be a great game

 
queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by queets on Aug 14, 09 3:18 AM
Go through the door before you pick up the hammer I have just played 10 mins and have purchased so I hope this helps you

 

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by pozanemom on Aug 14, 09 3:33 AM
I tried going through the door first but nothing happens. Too bad, it looked like a good one.

 
purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Aug 14, 09 4:15 AM
sorry that you guys are having problems, i just played and finished the first scene, no problems here

 
Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Aug 14, 09 4:17 AM
You cant go thru the door before picking up the hammer. I cant even get past the first instructions. Frustrating.Tells you to go thru the door and you cant! Uninstalled. Too bad.

 
JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by JoyWales on Aug 14, 09 5:23 AM
I had the same when I beta'd it. Pity as it looked like a good game

 

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by borntoplayitnow on Aug 14, 09 5:34 AM
Hi there,

First, pick up the hammer head. Then click on the door.




Edited on 08/14/2009 at 5:48:12 AM PST


 

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by borntoplayitnow on Aug 14, 09 5:38 AM
If you think the download has some issues, you can also try getting it from the developer's website.

Edited on 08/14/2009 at 5:38:40 AM PST


 
Datguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by Datguy on Aug 14, 09 5:57 AM
What I've done at the beginning of this game is this. When the big arrow is pointing at the Hammer Head, I clicked it. Then the arrow was pointing at the door. I clicked the door and it let me go to the back room. Then there are a few other tutorials, and then the game continues fine. Hope this helps!

 
CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Aug 14, 09 6:09 AM
When you pick up hammer head it goes in box at bottom; go into back room and find hammer handle. I got confused in first scene but after that I got better. You have to move back and forth between the rooms to finish scene. Works same way in future scenes. Will buy! Good luck!

 
susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by susielee on Aug 14, 09 7:15 AM
My problem is that I can't pick up the flourescent light. I see it laying there, I click on it and nothing happens.....therefore, I can't go any further. Sounds like this game has LOTS of glitches. Also, it's very worrisome having to go back and forth So MUCH! Doubtful that I would purchase this game!

 
Datguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by Datguy on Aug 14, 09 7:31 AM
susielee wrote:My problem is that I can't pick up the flourescent light. I see it laying there, I click on it and nothing happens.....therefore, I can't go any further. Sounds like this game has LOTS of glitches. Also, it's very worrisome having to go back and forth So MUCH! Doubtful that I would purchase this game!


Have you tried using a hint to make sure the part you think is the light is actually there? Also, one thing I noticed is that the mouse cursor can be a bit bulky, and turning it off in the Options menu helped me be more accurate, as there was a few times I thought I was clicking it but it's hard to tell with the custom cursor.

 
Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Aug 14, 09 8:04 AM
Ok here's my dilema...I pick up the hammer head, good, the there's an arrow to tell me to go thru the door as I can visit other scenes, this is where I can go no further. I see the handle but I can't pick it up til I go thru the door which I can't. I did dl from the developer as I said I wouldn't do last night as I was sure I would purchase this game and would like to do that here since I alredy have credits. No problem at thier site. This happened yesterday as well and I ended up going to Wadjet's site. No problem there either. I will check back again before going to cs as I hate to bother them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I normally never have ANY problems til the past 2 games.

 

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by borntoplayitnow on Aug 14, 09 8:13 AM
Journey_1 wrote:Ok here's my dilema...I pick up the hammer head, good, the there's an arrow to tell me to go thru the door as I can visit other scenes, this is where I can go no further. I see the handle but I can't pick it up til I go thru the door which I can't. I did dl from the developer as I said I wouldn't do last night as I was sure I would purchase this game and would like to do that here since I alredy have credits. No problem at thier site. This happened yesterday as well and I ended up going to Wadjet's site. No problem there either. I will check back again before going to cs as I hate to bother them. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I normally never have ANY problems til the past 2 games.


Hi,
If you see the handle, then you have gone through the door in the front office, because the hammer handle is in the back office.
The tutorial forces you to "hint" the hammer handle first. Follow the tutorial instructions.

 
1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 14, 09 8:17 AM
I used the hint button to show the hammer handle as the tutorial was pointing at it, then picked it up. No problem with the game for me.

 
susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by susielee on Aug 14, 09 8:56 AM
Datguy wrote:
susielee wrote:My problem is that I can't pick up the flourescent light. I see it laying there, I click on it and nothing happens.....therefore, I can't go any further. Sounds like this game has LOTS of glitches. Also, it's very worrisome having to go back and forth So MUCH! Doubtful that I would purchase this game!


Have you tried using a hint to make sure the part you think is the light is actually there? Also, one thing I noticed is that the mouse cursor can be a bit bulky, and turning it off in the Options menu helped me be more accurate, as there was a few times I thought I was clicking it but it's hard to tell with the custom cursor.

 
susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Autumn treasures

[Post New]by susielee on Aug 14, 09 8:57 AM
Yep, I used the hint and know for sure it's the flourescent light....but can't pick it up!
UPDATE: The hint was showing me the wrong spot. After I found the light and got it, I didn't have any more problems. I bought the game and it's actually a good and fun game. I'm enjoying it very much!

Edited on 08/14/2009 at 11:38:36 AM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: