Janimal1
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Janimal1 on Dec 14, 16 4:18 PM
Everything works fine so far except for my Christmas room. I go there and get a message but can't click on anything. I can't even leave it. Help. ID338582

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 4:56:48 PM PST

Valjune
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Valjune on Dec 14, 16 4:39 PM
The update downloaded fine in my game, but when I try to play, I get a message that there's a problem with my "save". Fixing may take "a considerable amount of time", "please try to launch the game later." What?

[Post New]by pawspatch21460 on Dec 14, 16 4:41 PM
I am not able to do anything when I enter my christmas room my pc locks up and I have to reboot

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Dec 14, 16 4:42 PM
Having same issue with Christmas room. Locks down and will not respond. Mouse works but can click on nothing. Having to force close

In game name is TinyFaerie

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 4:43:05 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 14, 16 4:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reporting to us the issue with the recent update. We were able to quickly resolve that issue for our players and they should be able to download the newest update without it getting stuck in a loop. For more information on what the update contains, please read the following announcement:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - December 14, 2016

It also sounds like some players are seeing a freeze with the event private room and some are seeing trouble with the game counting progress on collectables. We're sorry this is happening, what I'd like to provide are some preliminary troubleshooting steps to see if they can be resolved with some steps from our Help Pages. The following page may be able to help with a PC game when it is freezing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I also recommend trying to run the game as an Administrator for issues where collectables don't seem to be reflecting the right amounts, the full permissions this gives may help the game count those properly:

Run Game as Administrator

In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and note this is occurring after the update for some of our players and pass that to the right teams. If you're still seeing any issues in the game after updating please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and your player ID. Our Reps can offer additional support and can pass along that information to the appropriate teams should more investigation be necessary. Just in case it is helpful, the following help article shows how to find a player ID:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you all for your patience and I hope that helps. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 4:45:52 PM PST

wk4ev
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by wk4ev on Dec 14, 16 5:00 PM
AVG AntiVirus [free] is telling me that something other than Minight Castle has uploaded to my game or rather I should say - in addition to.

A threat called ' IDP.Alexa.51 '.

I have found conflicting reports about this threat so would like your 2 cents worth and if it is a threat something obviously needs to be done.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 14, 16 5:25 PM
wk4ev wrote:AVG AntiVirus [free] is telling me that something other than Minight Castle has uploaded to my game or rather I should say - in addition to.

I have found conflicting reports about this threat so would like your 2 cents worth and if it is a threat something obviously needs to be done.
I didn't see any files called that, it most be another program.

idp.alexa.51 - possibly false positive? (response off of avg website)

We apologize for the inconvenience.
A recent update from AVG have caused this issue and AVG is working on a fix for this issue. This issue will be resolved automatically in next update. For now, you can add the program that is detected as threat to the AVG exception list. Please click on this link for the steps to add the program to exception

How to exclude files, folders or websites from AVG scanning

1. Open your AVG program.
2. From the Options menu select Advanced settings
3. In the left pane select Exceptions.
4. In the right pane click Add exception.
5. In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
6. Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude or type URL
7. Click OK to save details of the exception.
8. Click OKagain to save the settings.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 14, 16 6:26 PM
I've got an odd issue after doing the Christmas update. I had my room changed over to Christmas before the update, but didn't have it last year so haven't actually used the tree. I got a message when I went into the room for the first time that here's the tree and you can get gifts by clicking on it. I tried clicking there and everywhere else, but the message won't go away. I also can't X out of the room, click on any other room, or open up the available furniture slots, because the message keeps me from activating any of those buttons. I have to bring up task manager and shut down the game to close it. I've opened the game up several times to try this and it hasn't changed. This is a second user ID on my system and the main ID game is fine. Win 8.1, game #196360, Emmaline.

lmcrane
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by lmcrane on Dec 14, 16 6:40 PM
Eeek! I lost progress on my game!
My game ID is 587789. My name is aMissTory. Avatar is the Troll.
On December 5th I recorded these stats:
2,091,032 coin, 1215 diamond, 1330 shards, 63,441 HOS's, 82d 12h time, 222 achievements.
Today when I downloaded the update I was back to 630,000 coins and none of my fall achievements loaded. I think it went back to sometime in July 2015.
Can my game be updated? Pleeeeeease...
Thank you
P.S. can I play until you fix it without losing my current progress?

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 6:41:55 PM PST

wk4ev
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by wk4ev on Dec 14, 16 7:06 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:
wk4ev wrote:AVG AntiVirus [free] is telling me that something other than Minight Castle has uploaded to my game or rather I should say - in addition to.

I didn't see any files called that, it most be another program.

idp.alexa.51 - possibly false positive? (response off of avg website)

We apologize for the inconvenience.
A recent update from AVG have caused this issue and AVG is working on a fix for this issue. This issue will be resolved automatically in next update. For now, you can add the program that is detected as threat to the AVG exception list. Please click on this link for the steps to add the program to exception

How to exclude files, folders or websites from AVG scanning

1. Open your AVG program.
2. From the Options menu select Advanced settings
3. In the left pane select Exceptions.
4. In the right pane click Add exception.
5. In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
6. Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude or type URL
7. Click OK to save details of the exception.
8. Click OKagain to save the settings.

FYI - The same message was attached to Sunken Secrets also.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Dec 14, 16 7:25 PM
Items are not dropping from completed HOS . Can't exit out without ctrl-alt-delete. Scoring from completed HO scenes is not correct.

katiek
Game ID: 41185
Playing on Windows XP

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 7:25:43 PM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Dec 14, 16 7:29 PM
After the update download, I can play for about 30minutes then I click on a icon and nothing happens on any of the icons and I try to click on the exit icon and nothing so I have to do the "ctrl,alt,del" and I do not like doing that!! HELP!!!

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Dec 14, 16 8:14 PM
I did the new update and now I lost all my friends again! My code is 554951.

Thank you.

Billye

loosing my progress

[Post New]by Mawmaw1972 on Dec 14, 16 8:45 PM
i am on level 32 got the news about christmas event so i went to my game manager app pc version it tells me error code i tracked it down under program data deleted it it says i have to uninstall and reinstall the app in turn ill loose my progress what do i do i want to play the christmas part game id 585053

Edited on 12/14/2016 at 8:49:09 PM PST

inez1550
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by inez1550 on Dec 14, 16 8:55 PM
Hello I'm having a really big problem with Midnight castle, when I go into my Christmas room. The game freezes in that room. I don't under stand, why you would have such a fun game with so many problems. I have rebooted my computer 5 times. That is the only way I can get out to that room. This update for the Holiday is really bad. Sometimes the game won't give me what I have earn when I play the sparkle sites. Then it would give it to me much later. Please find a solution for these problems. I love playing Midnight Castle, and I'm quite sure everyone else does too. Happy Holiday to all...........

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 14, 16 8:55 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I've got an odd issue after doing the Christmas update. I had my room changed over to Christmas before the update, but didn't have it last year so haven't actually used the tree. I got a message when I went into the room for the first time that here's the tree and you can get gifts by clicking on it. I tried clicking there and everywhere else, but the message won't go away. I also can't X out of the room, click on any other room, or open up the available furniture slots, because the message keeps me from activating any of those buttons. I have to bring up task manager and shut down the game to close it. I've opened the game up several times to try this and it hasn't changed. This is a second user ID on my system and the main ID game is fine. Win 8.1, game #196360, Emmaline.

I have the exact same problem on my second game. Everything works except the Private Room. Freezes every time.

winterwine
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by winterwine on Dec 14, 16 9:14 PM
ID 293604. Windows 8.1OS; Toshiba laptop.
The game will not let me exit in the normal way. I had to drain my battery since I didn't want to do a control/alt/delete and then close out the window once the game was paused and minimized to the taskbar. This is the first time this has happened. And, I could not open up the elf daily quest. It was as if I were not clicking on the circle but to the side or something, even though I was dead center. Anyway, I thought I needed to report this issue since others are not able to get out of their private rooms.
Thanks,
Aislinn
P>S> Yes, I run as administrator. on this and my alternate game.
Loving the graphics and the winter event.

[Post New]by ClaudetteCarter on Dec 14, 16 10:05 PM
I first contacted tech support about 2 weeks ago when all my game progress was wiped, and, although I've replied to the automated emails, I still haven't heard from an actual human being yet. Anyone have a sense of how long it is taking them to respond to people?
Thanks! (I'm 448821)

[Post New]by Alysswolf on Dec 14, 16 10:15 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:I've got an odd issue after doing the Christmas update. I had my room changed over to Christmas before the update, but didn't have it last year so haven't actually used the tree. I got a message when I went into the room for the first time that here's the tree and you can get gifts by clicking on it. I tried clicking there and everywhere else, but the message won't go away. I also can't X out of the room, click on any other room, or open up the available furniture slots, because the message keeps me from activating any of those buttons. I have to bring up task manager and shut down the game to close it. I've opened the game up several times to try this and it hasn't changed. This is a second user ID on my system and the main ID game is fine. Win 8.1, game #196360, Emmaline.

I have the exact same problem on my second game. Everything works except the Private Room. Freezes every time.

I'm having the same problem. Have to sign out of my computer to get out of the game. Have restarted the game 3 times and the problem doesn't go away. Please help.

[Post New]by shslittlegirl1 on Dec 14, 16 11:06 PM
when i go to give a gift to friend that i know has christmas room open it does not show there christmas room so i can not gift them

Go to: