JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Funny glitch with Taser

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 14, 09 7:01 AM
Read posts about problems with the hammer and the door - no problems here I have 'experienced' system with XP.

But I did have an odd thing happen that I think must be a glitch of some kind although I cannot imagine it would not have shown up in testing.

In South America chasing coatis and running up and downstairs trying to figure out how to disable the guard. Get the outline for a Taser - Oh Boy - just what I need! Go down the stairs to look for the pieces and the guard falls down!

I found the taser pieces but it wasn't needed - the guard was passed out cold. Anyone else had this happen?

That said I enjoyed my hour. I thought the game a little on the easy side - haven't used any hints yet & only looked at the journal once. Nice and relaxing though. Think I'll buy it - I'm on vacation this wek so I'll splurge.

Datguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Funny glitch with Taser

[Post New]by Datguy on Aug 14, 09 7:11 AM
I think what happened to me there ( if I remember correctly ) is up the stairs, I cut down a branch with the knife. Then when I went downstairs the branch fell on the guard and knocked him out cold!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 14, 09 7:15 AM
Ah - I never thought of the branch. But I think the game let me Taser him too. Maybe that was just to make sure he was really out!

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 14, 09 8:11 AM
The branch takes out the guard. The taser destroys the remote the guard is holding.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 14, 09 9:12 AM
Thank you seashell. Guess this game isn't too fussy about where you click. I definately clicked on the guard - not the remote. My demo time ran out on that level and when I had to start over after buying. This time I saw the branch fall but I still clicked on the guard.

And having said it was easy I'm having to eat my words since I am stuck on the last piece of coal and really do not want to use a hint. It would be so nice to finish a game w/o using one.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 14, 09 11:12 AM
A non-spoiler hint on the coal: There is more up-hole than down-hole, and using the "outline" function (using cursor to show what the missing pieces look like) is really helpful. I don't consider that a hint, since it's penalty-free.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Aug 16, 09 8:18 AM
The taser was to disarm the remote control that the guide had to control the animals.......not to disarm the guide.

Go to: