mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

CE Worthy????

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 22, 15 3:56 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game and waited, impatiently, for it to be released after playing the beta. But, CE - worthy?

In the 'extras' section all I found were a few wallpapers. That doesn't make this game CE-worthy to me?

Would YOU pay $13.99. Even $8.99? Or use 2 game credits? I'm on a very tight budget.

I would love to hear your thoughts and responses.

I LOVE this game. I just DON'T love the CE cost.

Sigh.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Re:CE Worthy????

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 22, 15 3:59 PM
For $9 it is well worth it. It is a good TM game.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Aug 22, 15 7:09 PM
I hate this new thing of making basic time-management games "collectible" editions...there is very rarely enough to call it that, the game itself was not designed to be that, and it just seems very...um...greedy? Don't know if that's the word.

Time management games were NEVER Collector's Editions until lately. Quite annoying. I but not the new Collector's .

Bad Kitty.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Aug 22, 15 7:24 PM
I have no problem having paid the sale price for the game, but seriously ... this is NOT collector edition worthy ... just sayin'

srg9
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by srg9 on Aug 22, 15 9:43 PM
I'm enjoying the game but I completely agree it not being CE worthy. Seems that more and more of the games are Collectors Editions. I'm also on a tight budget and am beginning to wonder about this.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Aug 23, 15 6:15 AM
Yes, Skrdykat, the word is Greedy. There is nothing to make this stand out as a CE. When they offer this as a SE what will they possibly leave off the Wallpaper? Let's be realistic, who gives two hoots about Wallpaper for an extra $7? I am sure my favorite Northern Tale will be a Collector Edition when they release #5. Ever since Big Fish sold their new motto has been "Anything for Buck". They have to make back that $885 million that they spent to buy the company. Not to mention the $50 million bonus they will be giving to the Founder if he can grow the company to $1 Billion in gross bookings by 2016. Unfortunately for us they are doing it off our backs rather than by releasing new and interesting games.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 23, 15 7:46 AM
The previous games in the series had 40 levels and this one has 50. There is also the bonus episode, but there is no hint as to the length of that. In the first 9 levels there was one of the "Secret Challenges! ". It didn't seem to give you anything special, but maybe they add up later in the game.

All in all I liked the game and was a little tempted by the sale, but think I will wait for the SE as I have game coupons that have been sitting in my account gathering dust.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 23, 15 11:27 AM
Guys, the main reason this is a CE version is due to the "Guide" that comes with every Level. The Guide gives a suggested strategy plus show you the location of all "Special" items. If you bought it this weekend it was only $2 more than a SE and you get 3 credits rather than 1. "No Brainer" for me.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Aug 23, 15 11:47 AM
wxman77477, Sorry, I do not see the guide. Where is it? When I click on Extra's the only thing there is Wallpapers. I am probably looking right at it but I do not see anything that looks like a Guide. Thanks!

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 23, 15 1:28 PM
wxman77477 wrote:Guys, the main reason this is a CE version is due to the "Guide" that comes with every Level. The Guide gives a suggested strategy plus show you the location of all "Special" items. If you bought it this weekend it was only $2 more than a SE and you get 3 credits rather than 1. "No Brainer" for me.

I get there is a guide and appreciate you mentioning it. I saw it but didn't feel the need to use it since I play on 'untimed/relaxed" mode. I look to the guide to find 'special' anythings? Isn't that part of the excitement of the game? Even so, during game play, nothing was ever mentioned about finding 'special' anythings so does that mean you only know about it because you looked in the guide? And for those of us on a tight budget and who only use coupons and game credits this is not budget nor CE-worthy. I wouldn't use 2 game credits for this game regardless of how much I love playing it.

So sad and disappointed.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 23, 15 2:11 PM
Spookys_Mom wrote:wxman77477, Sorry, I do not see the guide. Where is it? When I click on Extra's the only thing there is Wallpapers. I am probably looking right at it but I do not see anything that looks like a Guide. Thanks!

Look on the lower left of the screen on any level. You will see "Guide". Click on it.

Edited on 08/23/2015 at 2:11:38 PM PST

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Aug 23, 15 5:15 PM
It appears to me that the 5th level is the CE extra. I'd expect the SE version to end after the 4th section, since that looks like a logical ending place to the "story." The extra hidden objects to find don't seem to have any particular benefit, but the points screen after each installment show a points for birds and HOs, so I guess we just get extra points. You find the levels with the HOs by reading the little signs on the screens - a good idea anyway, since some of them tell you how many of each item can be held (food, wood, gold). If you know you can only keep 20, there's no point in gathering more till you use some.

On the whole, I think this is worth a sale price, although I'm not thrilled at the so-called half price of $8.99. Still, I've been waiting since I played the beta version.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 25, 15 7:21 AM
Good TM games are always worth the price for me. I hardly ever replay a HOG, but TM's I play over and over again!
The Hercules series belongs to the best for me.

[Post New]by tortitude on Aug 25, 15 2:14 PM
Rip off when you consider what you got in Royal Envoy CE's.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 26, 15 1:17 AM
Personally it is not worth the extra money for just ONE more level.

cowclaudia
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by cowclaudia on Aug 27, 15 8:11 AM
I agree. I think so far this is my favorite out of all the Hercules games but agree this really doesn't qualify in my opinion as a "collector's edition." It plays the same as all the others with a few interesting twists. Am noticing that lately anything that looks worth buying is either a collector's edition or you have to buy the strategy guide which I refuse to do for the most part.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 28, 15 7:31 AM
Agree!! With all of these comments The game is very good - I have no complaints.

I guess the on-screen guide is pretty cool - also unusual. The difference between a good game & a great game is, like another person here said - look at the most recent Royal Envoys. OMG. There were like a million levels!! And that is probably the most important thing - nothing worse than a game you can beat in a weekend or even 4 - 5 days.
I get that this is the casual gaming market but the differences between these & ummm...non casual? are staggering. (as far as length of game - most of my regular games can last me a couple of months)

Go to: