siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Where did my friends go?

[Post New]by siberlene on Aug 22, 15 11:42 PM
I played about 3 hours ago and when I logged in just now I lost all my friends, except John. The bar loaded to 84% so I logged out and logged back in. This time it loaded to 88% but I am still short 18 loyal and generous friends. Most of my regular "peeps" are gone and am obviously unable to send gifts to them.

What's going on? I gift 3 times a day (15 gifts) and I find it hard to believe that 18 people quit the game in such a short time period.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Where did my friends go?

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Aug 23, 15 1:04 AM
Hi Siberlene.

Welcome to the forum, With the friends list there is a known hiccup. If you go in to the friends too soon after entering the game it will often show only 31 friends, Go out and come back in and it will show 61 friends, go in a third time and it should be fully loaded.

The other glitch is that sometimes it will forget to load a friend. Go in and out again and they should be back. You often only notice this if you go to gift them.

If your friends don't have a wish list the will not normally show in their regular position.

Some of this you may already know, some you may not, so I hope this has helped you.

Trixie in the Castle

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Aug 23, 15 9:37 AM
Thanks, Anna. That was a big help. I'm on level 52 and yesterday was the first time it happened to me. It's happening again today but now that I know it has been an ongoing thing for many, I hope my friends will understand why I'm not gifting.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Aug 23, 15 10:44 AM
Sag me wo die freunde sind?

Excuse me, that doesn't help the situation at all unless some of your friends are German. It is just that I am brushing up on my German (for no real reason) and I came across a sentence (the title of your thread) that I could translate, I think.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Aug 23, 15 4:24 PM
annieliz1 wrote:Sag me wo die freunde sind?

Excuse me, that doesn't help the situation at all unless some of your friends are German. It is just that I am brushing up on my German (for no real reason) and I came across a sentence (the title of your thread) that I could translate, I think.

I wrote it in English.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Aug 23, 15 11:37 PM
By the way I found some of my missing friends, that were sucked out of my game. I had to re-invite them, totally not in my invite tab. =v=

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Aug 24, 15 1:16 AM
annieliz1 wrote:Sag me wo die freunde sind?

Way to go annieliz. Almost correct lol: "Sag mir wo die Freunde sind, wo sind sie geblieben..!
I always have to look for some of my friends every day. Sometimes I don't even notice until I want to gift them. Very seldom are they in the invited section. I usually have to go to my friends and exit again a couple of times before all show up and if I want to gift I have to make sure that I open a gift first before I go to my friends otherwise 2/3 are gone. It is so weird.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Aug 24, 15 2:16 AM
Me too, 50MAD. Also - like pamkatz - friends sometimes just vanish (singly) from my list and we have to find each other again. This game is full of random incomprehensibility.

Edited on 08/24/2015 at 2:16:59 AM PST

MsMarmar
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by MsMarmar on Aug 24, 15 8:03 AM
Every now and again I will have one friend that disappears, I go out back in, out again and nothing. Then I will look them up, after I do that they reappear, weird huh? Of course I haven't been able to play the last couple of weeks since I am not home and won't be for another week. So maybe when I get home I will discover the same issue. I hope not. I miss playing, but I do come in and check the forum everyday.

Marmar

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 24, 15 8:50 AM
Ditto here. I have to go in and out a couple of times to get my complete friendlist up.

siberlene, when you first load the game and see the 84%, 88%, 95% etc. I think that's just a glitch. I experience that too, but nothing is missing from the game when I play it. I, along with some others, have posted in the technical thread about seeing those percentages.

MsMarmar
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by MsMarmar on Aug 24, 15 12:01 PM
I think that percentage bar we got with the last update, at least that is when mine showed up. I think it is just telling you how the game is loading to 100%. JMO

Marmar

Go to: