bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift available now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 14, 09 6:07 PM
We now have an updated version of Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift available now. This new version of the game should help with the freezing and crashing issues that were reported on the forums. There were also a few other tweaks to the game to improve profile creation and saving progress.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to reinstall the game, click on the link below that will take you to a help article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Re:New version of Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift available now

[Post New]by kasia79 on Aug 15, 09 2:20 PM
Downloaded the new version and having problems all the time. First becouse I accepted to high costumer and when trying to engrave its freezing and even I ignore him still give me problems. Mr Jones got stocked between graves and frozen again. Super game but u need to work on it.

[Post New]by funeebonz on Aug 15, 09 5:43 PM
downloaded new version also and still get access violation when i tried to etch name also with a customer who was high priced (6,500 - 1000 k ) so it is still not fixed completely. and this is a cute game so far. but still disappointed it wont play.

steffwhitt
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by steffwhitt on Aug 16, 09 8:46 AM
this new version does nothing for me.i still cant even get to the 1st level.

glenel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by glenel on Aug 16, 09 11:49 AM
worked for me! i haven't gotten very far yet, but seems to be running smoothly.
not sure i get the game. at least i get to try it. thanks for the fix.

cloudy999
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cloudy999 on Aug 17, 09 2:44 AM
Am thinking, what is the problem here people?! Doesn't any tech(s) ever test these games before they are reintroduced back to us grieving followers? I am running a Toshiba laptop. It's OS is Windows Vista. When the game is attempting to load up is when I receive the "Access Violation," and it crashes. The gameand nee is still broken needs to be fixed. Please!!!

Humbly and Emotionally Drainoed from Unistalling and Reinstalling with no Fix,
cloudy999 / aka pam

[Post New]by newwer on Aug 17, 09 8:28 AM
Downloaded the new version, still crashed not long after I bought the 2nd graveyard lot.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Aug 17, 09 9:24 AM
Well, with all these issues still happening, I'm afraid to even attempt to download the latest version. What's the point?

Oh, and I'm still waiting on tech support (from Ireland) to get back to me. We will see if her attempts to fix the issue actually happen.

Edited on 08/17/2009 at 9:25:17 AM PST

[Post New]by HLMyers on Aug 17, 09 12:40 PM
Loaded new Version and still crashes. Angie in Seattle was great trying to help me fix the issue, but even after updating all my drivers, no luck. They did give me a free game coupon to make up for it though......but I really like this game and hope that they can fix it!!!

[Post New]by Chicago00034 on Aug 17, 09 2:50 PM
I also downloaded the new version and can finally get to play it but is also crashing in a few spots. Like the spot where you can buy more land as soon as I purchase the land I get an error code an the game crashes. If I restart the game and then bury someone an then go purchase the land it works, but when I finally get over to the other land it locks up on me. I did purchase this game because I only had 25 mins left of the trial which I didnt think was fair because I didnt even get to play the game the first time. I also did contact CS and they were absolutely great and also told me that if I had anymore problems that they would give me a coupon. Not really interested in the coupon but am really interested in this game working properly. I have purchased alot of games from BF an this seems to be the ONLY one that has had the most problems. I really do like this game alot an wish that ALL the bugs would be fixed SOON please.

[Post New]by cyndie23 on Aug 17, 09 7:50 PM
I have updated my video drivers and re-installed the NEW version game. Sent them the Dr.felix report like they asked.Have the latest direct x installed. Now they tell me to uninstall and re-install my shockwave and flash player and then un-install and re-install the game. Now I delete my adobe shockwave and flash player and the adobe web site is not responding, so I cannot re-install. I could just scream. What a drag I enjoy playing.It's weird sometimes I can play for hours, go to chisel the grave and access violation. Then sometimes the first grave I try to chisel I get access violation. It's so frustrating doing the same grave over and over. Then that dumb guy doesn't have the same stuff you needed.They should give us all a free game credit, for the hassle seeing how they can't seem to fix the problem. If anyone finds the answer to the problem please post. Thanks.

[Post New]by mytrinity2007 on Aug 17, 09 8:37 PM
I had such hope that this new version would have worked =( but it did not. This is my problem

I have the second grave yard. BUT if I try to engrave a headstone I get the error message and windows shuts my game down " same error like you all"

so I cant got any further in my gave because it will not let me engrave a thomb stone...

I really like this game I just wish there was a fix.

[Post New]by Chicago00034 on Aug 18, 09 8:47 AM
mytrinity2007 wrote:I had such hope that this new version would have worked =( but it did not. This is my problem

I have the second grave yard. BUT if I try to engrave a headstone I get the error message and windows shuts my game down " same error like you all"

so I cant got any further in my gave because it will not let me engrave a thomb stone...

I really like this game I just wish there was a fix.

Ive been getting the same errors. I found out that when you do get that error an have to restart the game dont start in that same spot again. Go do something else and then go back to that spot. I had that problem when I went to go purchase the 2nd spot for land it kept giving me that error code but when I went to do something else and went back to purchase it the error code didnt come back. Its not much an a pain in the **** but it does help to go further in the game.

Mig75031
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mig75031 on Aug 18, 09 2:45 PM
i loved this game until the errors got so frequient that it was just angering. I updated graphics card like they said (even though i can run WoW and Everquest II on here just fine). I will update shockwave, already have newest directX, and will upload the new game and see how it goes

Mig75031
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mig75031 on Aug 18, 09 6:07 PM
Mig75031 wrote:i loved this game until the errors got so frequient that it was just angering. I updated graphics card like they said (even though i can run WoW and Everquest II on here just fine). I will update shockwave, already have newest directX, and will upload the new game and see how it goes

Well me uninstalling and reinstalling worked it seems. I did that and reinstalled shockwave player like someone up above said, no errors yet....but i am running out of freaking room to bury people

alitxu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by alitxu on Aug 19, 09 10:14 AM
Some answers...

For me, it always crashes when I click on specific squares. For example, graveyard 1 by the small tree by the fence with graveyard 2. If I do not try to engrave a toomstone there, it does not crash. In graveyard 2 there is another spot NW, also near a tree. I keep on looking.

And the game saves each morning, so after a crash, it returns to the beginning of the day. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by ok2grl on Aug 19, 09 9:59 PM
new version is even worse!

a few tips to get less crashes (at least for me)

turn off music

never buy land at end of day

do not have anything by 1 side of the headstone when engraving
(i put it a space over until after its engraved - price doesn't seem to b set until after u collect money).

if u pick up the many items around grave after a few days, and put less items but = or worth more item
(example 1 bush worth $50 instead of 4 flowers worth $10).

i get about 1 crash every hour or 2 now instead of every 5 - 10 minutes.
and new version is just as bad as first!
hope it helps someone........

Smura
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Smura on Aug 19, 09 10:56 PM
I still can-t open a saved game/profile. Any suggestions how to get that working? If I choose my profile and click OK nothing seems to happen.

[Post New]by raeschu5 on Aug 19, 09 11:30 PM
I seem to be having the same problem as you, mytrinity2007. After uninstalling the old version and reinstalling the new, I'm not having problems with the program crashing at random anymore. Unfortunately, it does crash every time I try to engrave a tombstone, which means no progress. It's discouraging. Graphics drivers are all updated, so I don't think that's the problem. I've also tried FairyG-dmother10's suggestion, in a previous thread, about changing the acceleration level under sound properties, but that didn't help my situation.

I wish I were more tech-savvy so I could help fix this. I really like the game, and also really appreciate everybody's efforts to figure out work-arounds. Hopefully there will be a more permanent solution soon.

Edited on 08/19/2009 at 11:32:41 PM PST

[Post New]by clumper3 on Aug 20, 09 8:46 AM
I have no clue what is wrong with this game download. All I can see is a few clouds on a black screen. I can't see anything like what I saw on the screenshots of the game before downloading it. I haven't been able to play it at all!!!!

Go to: