Remedy Sound

[Post New]by judytomlin on Aug 14, 09 10:06 PM
Hi Can anyone tell me if this game is supposed to have sound or background music. I am running Vista if that matters but I get no sound at all. Makes for a pretty boring experience when my frustration level is already pretty high. Cheers

Re:Remedy Sound

[Post New]by hickory_nut on Aug 15, 09 4:01 PM
I don't have any sound either. Please someone tell me too.

kac41556
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by kac41556 on Aug 15, 09 6:18 PM
I had music as well as a voice speaking the lines. The readme file in Program Files, Remedy states that sound problems could be caused by WinDVD and that if you updated to the latest version of WinDVD, that might solve the problem. I don't know if it would help you, but might be worth a shot.

[Post New]by greenlady0427 on Dec 18, 09 8:42 PM
I am having the same problem with the sound. It is frustrating!!! How do you update the WinDVD file??? Any other suggestions or do you all think that WinDVD is the problem?? Please help me with this problem I really like to hear the sound.

[Post New]by dogmom88 on Apr 30, 10 11:29 AM
I'm having the same "no sound" problem. I'm running Windows 7. Did anyone ever find a solution? I've e-mailed customer service, but no response yet.

[Post New]by smtgoofy on May 1, 10 3:41 PM
I also have sound issue, I am trying to update winDVD option, will see if that works. I also contacted customer support and am waiting to hear back. Does anyone have this game with windows 7 and the sound works just fine??

CoderGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by CoderGirl on May 10, 10 5:43 PM
Has anyone figured out a solution to the Sound problem? I have downloaded the latest Corel WinDVD and still no sound. I have Vista.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 12, 10 1:50 PM
I have no sound either. It makes things particularly difficult at the end when you have to listen to a woman humming for the exit code.

ETA I tried with WinDVD 9 and without and it made no difference. I've been in touch with CS.

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 9:20:44 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 19, 10 6:38 PM
It looks like the game is incompatible with certain soundcards. No joy from CS.
My card is a Creative SB (Soundblaster) X-Fi Titanium. (I would expect the earlier audigys to work).

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 8, 10 9:11 PM
Remedy is an older game, and like many older games, it's sound does not play nice with Windows Visa or Windows 7.

I have Windows 7, and I played the game without sound. I suspect that a program such as VDM sound would enable sound in the game, but I have not had the opportunity to check this.

[Post New]by trishypoo on Oct 5, 10 3:59 PM
there is a patch for their earlier games/ remedy and time stand still here
[removed by moderator]
but it doesnt work for me, unfortunately, since these are the only 2 i havent played yet. i will see if i can update my soundcard or direct x files. maybe play this in xp mode. i like the mellow ambient sounds which are real mood setters in dark caves and abandoned buildings. so i recommend their last 3 games all work great. and i think can all be bought here on BF. if i figure a fix ill come back. the patch might work for vista people since that was the intention.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 10:52:13 AM PST

[Post New]by mojomaj66 on Dec 10, 10 1:53 PM
Go to [removed by moderator] and download a patch for Vista

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 10:52:25 AM PST

[Post New]by klynne64 on Jan 15, 11 10:34 AM
Here is the patch for no sound in Windows Vista and windows 7:
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 10:52:33 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 15, 11 10:53 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just popping in to remove a couple URLs in this thread to keep in line with our Forum Rules:

Posts that contain advertising, solicitations, chain letters, or copyrighted material will be removed. Do not post links or URLs to other websites.

If you have any questions, please let any of the Moderators know. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Madhouse000 on Jan 13, 12 4:06 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just popping in to remove a couple URLs in this thread to keep in line with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a>:

Posts that contain advertising, solicitations, chain letters, or copyrighted material will be removed. Do not post links or URLs to other websites.

If you have any questions, please let any of the Moderators know. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

If that's the case, then could BFG provide us with a patch so we can hear the game?????

[Post New]by Madhouse000 on Jan 13, 12 4:15 PM
Just downloaded a patch and the sound works now.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Nov 25, 12 11:43 AM
could somebody tell me where the patch is?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 25, 12 12:38 PM
Hi ttomm46,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team, as they'll have the best information on the issue with the sound and how it might be fixed. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by mom2threeboyz on Dec 30, 13 5:04 PM
I have windows 7 and no sound either Did anyone find a resolution?
Oh And I have wrote tech as well.

Edited on 12/30/2013 at 5:04:37 PM PST

Go to: