bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 15, 09 12:02 AM
Welcome to The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates forum

[Post New]by kishimojun on Aug 15, 09 1:07 AM
What on earth is "Open AL Installer"? This is disturbing to me. A license thing popped up when I was installing the demo of this game. I closed it and got like this error message saying "Open AL Installer not installed". Well GOOD! Since I was doing nothing else on my computer at the time, I think this had to be connected with this game somehow. Has this happened to anyone else?

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 15, 09 1:32 AM
OpenAL is safe, its an Open Audio Library (for the music/sound in the game), that Creative Labs designed. You may already have it on your system (other games have used it), in which case, similar to the DirectX installer, it'll spot that its already there and immediately claim 'OpenAL successfully installed' without trying to re-install it.

Edited on 08/15/2009 at 1:34:20 AM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Aug 15, 09 1:51 AM
Thanks Elkestra, for the explanation. I'm over my panic now. I knew if it came from BigFish it wasn't anything awful, but I didn't know what it was, either.

[Post New]by LLLarson56 on Aug 15, 09 8:11 AM
Well if you don't have the OpenAL installed how do you do that. I have down
loaded my game but can not play it until this is resolved. Please help

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 15, 09 9:34 AM
I also got the message "Cannot find import; dll may be missing, corrupt or wrong version.

File "OpenAL32.dll", error 126."

But, that's all I got -- no other window for AL whatever. No option to select, no other window, nothing.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Aug 15, 09 12:37 PM
I was very surprised to see this game being released already.

I got a request to beta test it yesterday. How can it be in beta one day and released the next?

Seriously, what's the point of a beta test if the game is already out?

jrd0427
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jrd0427 on Aug 16, 09 7:28 AM
Hi, Thanks to all the PC savvy fishies out there...I too got little concerned when asked to download something onto my puter. Thank you all for your comments.

[Post New]by Bluto1999 on Aug 16, 09 7:06 PM
I have used "Open Al" on another game, and it is safe and no problem. It's also required on Puzzle Quest. This game is great, far more than a match 3 game. You could spend several hours alone just playing the slots! With your winnings, you can buy many powerfull weapons and onjects at the store. The "help" feature inside the game explains EVERYTHING, take the time to read it before you start. Using the spyglass and hexagon in the open seas can help you find chests, other valuables, and avoid sea creatures...don't be afraid to use it! Re-play ability is un-limited. If you're winning a battle easily, go for the gold. If your ship needs repair, match hearts. And always look for a match-4 before you make your first move! You'll get an extra turn every time. And quick fingers can make multiple moves while the coins are still falling! Great game in every way!

wb120b7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by wb120b7 on Aug 17, 09 9:44 AM
Installed this game today; when trying to play received the error:
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File “Open AL32.dll”, error 126
Please advise when this is corrected so I may reinstall.
Thanks.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 17, 09 10:03 AM
Try uninstalling, reinstalling, and making sure that you say "yes" to installing OpenAL as well. If that doesn't work, you need to contact customer support (click the green envelope or if you are a BFG member, go to My Account and use the Live Chat).

[Post New]by eaglen007r on Sep 12, 09 3:46 PM
HELP - What do you have to do to "defeat all locations"? I have every thing but this and 5000 tokens.

[Post New]by 41gyspy on Sep 16, 09 4:43 PM
kishimojun wrote:What on earth is "Open AL Installer"? This is disturbing to me. A license thing popped up when I was installing the demo of this game. I closed it and got like this error message saying "Open AL Installer not installed". Well GOOD! Since I was doing nothing else on my computer at the time, I think this had to be connected with this game somehow. Has this happened to anyone else?
yes ,but i don't know how to get it back?

[Post New]by seachest on Sep 23, 09 7:41 PM
I,too,got the same message when I tried to play this game---missing openal32.dll. What can I do? Is it safe to download this file?

Go to: