scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Tomorrow's Game - 4 Elements

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 2:28 AM
I can't wait to try this demo. Chuck Miller over at GZ said - A fantasy-themed puzzler, 4 Elements offers a magical mix of match-three, hidden object and spot-the-difference gameplay, nicely blended to provide an engaging, enchanted experience. The supernatural fairytale has been lovingly concocted with all the ingredients necessary to endear it to gamers. So, skip the review and buy it!

He gave it 4.5 stars! Other people have rated it 5 stars.

I hope it's as good as everyone says!

tabitha888
Salmon
Salmon
2,759 Posts

Tomorrow's Game - 4 Elements

[Post New]by tabitha888 on Sep 5, 08 2:49 AM
scotcat wrote:I can't wait to try this demo. Chuck Miller over at GZ said - A fantasy-themed puzzler, 4 Elements offers a magical mix of match-three, hidden object and spot-the-difference gameplay, nicely blended to provide an engaging, enchanted experience. The supernatural fairytale has been lovingly concocted with all the ingredients necessary to endear it to gamers. So, skip the review and buy it!

He gave it 4.5 stars! Other people have rated it 5 stars.

I hope it's as good as everyone says!

Hi scotcat...tried the demo myself and quite interesting for the puzzle solving...the collapsible to get the card to rebuild the altars are quite easy...wissh i can play the whole game. Have a nice day MF

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Re:Tomorrow's Game - 4 Elements

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Sep 5, 08 4:00 AM
scotcat downloading demo for you, I will give it a try.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 4:21 AM
Very cute game, but not as hard as I expected. 70-80% of it is Match 3, but that's cool with me.

Great sound, graphics, etc and a cute little elf/fairy to guide you.

There are 4 books with 4 sections with 4 scenes within that. So there are 16 scenes within each book for a grand total of 64 scenes. I made it through about 10 out of the 64 in one hour (I also read some of the intro stuff & instructions).

I like the game but actually wish it was harder. BUT..... I think it get's harder as you progress (just like in Fishdom). That's my only concern about the game. It's not as "powerful" as Saqqarah, but more on the softer side.

This game got great reviews. I am going to sleep on it and decide later today whether to buy or not.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 08 4:39 AM
scotcat, thanks for the review. I'll try the demo just for fun. Like Gina, I'm not that attracted to the match-3 genre of games. Why Fishdom got it's hooks into me, I still don't understand. Thanks again.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 4:47 AM
cesse47 wrote:scotcat, thanks for the review. I'll try the demo just for fun. Like Gina, I'm not that attracted to the match-3 genre of games. Why Fishdom got it's hooks into me, I still don't understand. Thanks again.

LOL... and do you remember how I talked to myself for almost a week in the Fishdom thread before anyone finally took the bait?

BTW.... Fishdom is still my "most played game" thus far. I think I have played it completely through at least 3-4 times now. I keep using new names.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Sep 5, 08 4:51 AM
Scotcat, I can't HELP it, I'm pretty much strictly HO! I tried Saqarrah because of your glowing review, but it just didn't cut it! Same with Fishdom, listening to all these die-hard HO fiends talking about building their aquariums, but ME? Just couldn't get into it. I have a couple of freebee solitaire games that I play quite a lot, and another old and different-style puzzle game that I LOVE (another freebee), and the first Slingo Quest, but that's pretty much it. Yes, call me boring.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 4:52 AM
BTW.... the woman's voice in the intro's story is to die for. Soft with a slight accent.

Maybe this will get the guys interested.

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Sep 5, 08 5:20 AM
This is a pretty fun game, RA had an eval last week. It's a chaining-match 3 type game. Whoever said it's "Saqqarah lite", that's the perfect description.

I'm sort of saving my credit for the wonderful fabulous HO game that BF will surely offer next. It's been eons since they've had one!

happy gaming all

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 5:25 AM
I'm sort of saving my credit for the wonderful fabulous HO game that BF will surely offer next.

Wake me when it happens.

I don't save credits, I just buy more.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 5:42 AM
Have a nice day MF

Does MF stand for My Friend? I hope it's not for Mother F*****.

Just kidding Tabitha!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Sep 5, 08 6:19 AM
Just downloaded the demo and will give it a go later in the day when I have more time.

While I enjoy Match 3 games, for the most part they are too easy. And somewhat boring. Fishdom kept my attention though I didn't bother making the aquarium. Cute concept, just not something I was interested in doing.

Thanks for the review, fishies. I can't wait to give this one a go.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Sep 5, 08 8:41 AM
Thanks My Friend scotcat for the heads up on this one will give it a go now.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Sep 5, 08 9:14 AM
scotcat wrote:Very cute game, but not as hard as I expected. 70-80% of it is Match 3, but that's cool with me.

Great sound, graphics, etc and a cute little elf/fairy to guide you.

There are 4 books with 4 sections with 4 scenes within that. So there are 16 scenes within each book for a grand total of 64 scenes. I made it through about 10 out of the 64 in one hour (I also read some of the intro stuff & instructions).

I like the game but actually wish it was harder. BUT..... I think it get's harder as you progress (just like in Fishdom). That's my only concern about the game. It's not as "powerful" as Saqqarah, but more on the softer side.

This game got great reviews. I am going to sleep on it and decide later today whether to buy or not.

Scotcat--I have to agree with your assessment of this game. I played about 30 minutes and think it will probably get harder. I made it through around 5/6 scenes so far, with reading the intro and instructions so I'm pretty much on the same time factor you mentioned. Looks to be a long game--at least 6 hours!

It is on the softer side, but that's ok sometimes. and the sound, graphics are very good! I'm going to go back and play the other 30 minutes before I decide, but think I might pick this one up.

preppy_26801
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by preppy_26801 on Sep 5, 08 7:33 PM
I bought the game today after 22 min of playing I love the graphics and things it is mostly match 3 but has a little bit of finding things and story with some find the differences. I hope this helps out a little bit.

kank468
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by kank468 on Sep 5, 08 8:40 PM
scotcat wrote:BTW.... the woman's voice in the intro's story is to die for. Soft with a slight accent.

...or mine.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Sep 5, 08 8:48 PM
kank468 wrote:
scotcat wrote:BTW.... the woman's voice in the intro's story is to die for. Soft with a slight accent.

...or mine.

Okay kank, lost a MOUTHFUL on that one!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Sep 5, 08 8:57 PM
Kank needs to stop calling those 1-900 numbers.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Sep 5, 08 9:20 PM
Did someone say voices .oh oh scotcats cat is out .be careful people it has to kill you if it finds you.(scotcat did the thing vote to-day for you.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Sep 5, 08 9:38 PM
Passing on this one, 3 match and I do not fair well together, credits credits and nothing to purchase, well tomorrow is another day.

Go to: