Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Inner World here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 24, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/24/2015 at 6:40:58 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Inner World here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 24, 15 6:41 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Aug 24, 15 6:53 AM
I have no idea what is going on with this game. Never has it taken so long to download a game in the years that I have been a member.

I have a laptop with 32GB, 2.95GHz processor, Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited on 08/24/2015 at 6:54:21 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 24, 15 8:30 AM
I have windows 8.1 PC, and it downloaded really fast for me.

With saying that, for a while it was taking forever for me to download games. I had talked to Dell, BF customer service and checked with my internet provider.

Never did figure it out! But, I finally figured out that if I paused the download and then restarted it, it sent the download on a different path and then it would down load in a reasonable time amount. Knock on wood, it finally corrected itself.

Sorry to be so long winded for you Thought maybe you could try the pause and restart trick, it might help.

It could be just this game for you tho.

I hope you get to play this, as it is cute, another little gem'.

Ci

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 24, 15 1:21 PM
Do give CiChDa's suggestion a try.

Several years ago I read about this here in the BF Forums and
have been using it ever since whenever one of my downloads
gets a little "lazy" on me.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 24, 15 3:12 PM
I was wondering - - - I want to download this game, it definitely looks right up my alley! - - - I noticed the large size. That's probably more reason to get it, its probably good. Well, IDK.
BUT anyway, I don't know how to tell how much free space my pc has on it (I have not yet checked to see if this is available on Mac) to ensure that I could handle the file.

Normally what I do with games that I get outside of Big Fish is to keep them on the pc til no longer playing then remove to free up the space. But I've switched to Weirdos 8 in the past year or two and don't necessarily know what I'm doing.

Hallelujah its (what looks like) a real game!!!

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Aug 24, 15 6:11 PM
Does the fact that the advertised digital encyclopedia doesn't exist count as a tech issue?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 25, 15 3:03 AM
Yaelle wrote:I was wondering - - - I want to download this game, it definitely looks right up my alley! - - - I noticed the large size. That's probably more reason to get it, its probably good. Well, IDK.
BUT anyway, I don't know how to tell how much free space my pc has on it (I have not yet checked to see if this is available on Mac) to ensure that I could handle the file.

Normally what I do with games that I get outside of Big Fish is to keep them on the pc til no longer playing then remove to free up the space. But I've switched to Weirdos 8 in the past year or two and don't necessarily know what I'm doing.

Hallelujah its (what looks like) a real game!!!

If you have an on-screen icon that says 'computer' then click on it. Otherwise go to start menu and select 'computer'. This will bring up all the hard drives installed on your PC and how much free space is available on each one.

[Post New]by Cooper99LL on Aug 25, 15 5:10 PM
I'm an experienced gamer but cannot pull up the inventory. I can add things to inventory but that's it, gone forever. Can't use them. I've tried clicking in lower area of screen, using all kinds of keyboard tricks and pen clicks (using a Wacom, is that an issue?) but nothing works. What gives?

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Aug 25, 15 7:31 PM
A nice game so far, with some pretty humorous content. Has at least one place where the loading for the next scene "froze". The loading screen just stayed until I closed the game with the Task Manager. I managed to advance the story by reloading my last save point, then skipping the cut-scene before the load screen. This is the scene where Robert and Laura discover what Conroy is up to thru' a home movie in the theater basement place. After they escape, the loading screen just took forever, until I killed the process, relaunched the game, loaded my last save (luckily just before the cut-scene), and picked Skip. So, yeah, definitely bugged out for a moment, but I was lucky to get around that. BTW, this is Windows 7.

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Aug 25, 15 8:16 PM
The part about the Gorf and the fruit. Where is the option to make it use its claws on the fruit? If I interact with the fruit itself, Robert says he can't eat it, but can throw it. If I use it on the Gorf, Robert says he doesn't want to beat him up. If I use it on the traps, he drops it and complains it's too heavy and slippery. Asking the Gorf about his claws offers no new information or options, either. But there's no other options offered, ... so, looks like I'm stuck -- and walkthroughs don't offer me anymore than I already know. Same with the In-Game Help.

EDIT: Okay, a YouTube vid implies I should click on the claws, not the animal. I'll try that ...

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 8:27:50 PM PST

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Aug 25, 15 10:59 PM
I tried to play this game, but all I could get was sound, no picture. I tried all the suggestions in the Blank Screen section of Help and none of those suggestions worked. I have Windows 10 64 bit on a PC platform. My graphics card is high powered and the driver is up to date. I may have been able to figure out how to get it to work if I'd had more time, but the trial ended after about 10 minutes. Has anyone figured out how to get this game to play on Windows 10? Is there any way to get more trial time. I'd really like to try this game, but it seems the only way will be try it is to purchase it and then get a game credit refund if I can't find a work around on the video.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 26, 15 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the various posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issue with this particular game. Thank you CiChDa for the tip on slow downloads. It is greatly appreciated. I'm also going to include a help article below if players are still having issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

With players that are experiencing freezing issues, the following help article contains hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

In regards to no picture firekat7, the above help article contains hints to ensure that the video graphics card is up to date.

If players are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 26, 15 1:37 PM
Interactive game plays fine but the short videos(such as intro) are blank. I assume there is a "loading" screen but it too is blank. Running windows 10. Tried running it with win7 & winxp mode both with administration with an end result of win 7 still not playing videos and winxp giving me an access violation. Drivers are all up to date. I will repeat...drivers are up to date. Have reloaded game with no change.
Sorry because I wasted the money and also because what I can play is quite fun.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 27, 15 12:57 PM
Hi sartasia,

I'm sorry to hear that there is still some issue getting this game to play after trying multiple troubleshooting steps. Please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can look into this for you. This will help to report and keep track of the issues that you are experiencing.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Nekokami on Aug 28, 15 8:11 AM
played this game just fine until i reached the part with the wall. Game froze, so i had to kill the task. Now when i reload the game (save) the inventory is gone as the top menue is too. I really enjoyed the game so far, but alas i ain't wanna start all over.

That's a big letdown, seriously.

Drivers are all up to date, haven't had a single issue otherwise.

*sigh*

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Aug 28, 15 9:05 AM
I am upto part where you play nose flute and using keys1 and 4 simultaneously...nothing happens ..no music ..no sound.On Windows 8.1...everything is up to date...was enjoying this game until this ...

Edited on 08/28/2015 at 5:32:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Nekokami on Aug 28, 15 11:27 AM
it's the first and the fourth key, but you should have sound one way or another

Nose Flute

[Post New]by thomlola on Aug 28, 15 2:27 PM
I'm having the same problem with the nose flute. No noise or anything. It's most frustrating.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 29, 15 4:34 PM
I may never know if I like this game or not. Took me five days to get it downloaded, then got to 100% installed, then got an 'internal game manager error' message. Installation failed. Really really don't want to waste another five days downloading it all over again. I may be asking for a credit for this one. No game is worth this much time and trouble - and no guarantee it won't happen again. Feeling both frustrated and disappointed. Using Windows 7 Desktop.

Go to: