bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 16, 09 12:02 AM
Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness forum

[Post New]by bumsmom on Aug 16, 09 12:12 AM
Did you play it yet ? looks ok but am reluctant since its a large file game

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Aug 16, 09 12:52 AM
same here...

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Aug 16, 09 1:02 AM
Yes, me to. I much prefer it when you can try before you buy. Some games seem so good when you read rthe description, but are just so boring or pointless when you play them. Will wait for more comments from the others.

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Aug 16, 09 1:10 AM
Yes I think I will wait as well not sure on some of these large file games.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 16, 09 1:49 AM
Yes I have too many unfinished LG games unfinished, because of too much talk and walk around getting nowhere, mind you it does ring my bell coming from Scotland, but will wait also looking forward to comments. if it is like ND that would be okay but not like Syberia type

Cheers
lineck

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Aug 16, 09 2:26 AM
Adventure games are hard for me. I'll also want to wait for a walkthrough.

[Post New]by Jan777 on Aug 16, 09 3:00 AM
There is a walkthrough at [URL removed by moderator] I don't know how good it is though...

Edited on 08/17/2009 at 8:21:23 AM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Aug 16, 09 3:03 AM
Could someone please let us know if the camera is as jerky as it is in the preview video? I can't play games like this if the cameras zooms around. It has nothing to do with the images. I play Sims 2/3. Oblivion, etc. But for some reason if the camera jerks around up in the sky, down on the ground, round and round in circles where it stops nobody knows. It gives me a migraine. Vertigo. I've had to give up on several big file games recently because of it, so I don't want to purchase anymore till I know for sure. Thank you.

Edited on 08/16/2009 at 3:09:35 AM PST

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Aug 16, 09 3:25 AM
I have a number of LF games that I never finish for many of the reasons already stated. We'll see about this one. Like others, I think I'll wait until others have played and reviewed...

Just curious, why is it that there is no trial version for LF games? What's different?r

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Aug 16, 09 5:17 AM
For anyone who is interested, there are a few reviews on Amazon. I read a couple of them. Two things about the game: you have to do things in a certain order (linear) and there are some timed sequences in the game.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Aug 16, 09 5:49 AM
this game came out in 02 so is perfect for people with older computers. it is also a Dream Catcher game and as i recall they did syberia. i was pleasantly surprized when i saw it as the new pick because i already had it and realized it would be like new if i were to play it again. thiers a good walk thru to help and i used it alot. sometimes with harder games i simply enjoy it like and interactive book and keep that walk thru close by. i liked cameron so much that i bought another one where he goes to egypt. for me this game was a cross between nancy drew and sherlock and i found myself caught up in the story line trying to figure out the "who donit". it was the greatest game i've ever played but it was'nt close to the worst. i liked it enough to finesh it and that probably means something to alot of people. i would'nt bother to finesh a game i didnt enjoy - lifes to short.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Aug 16, 09 5:52 AM
The second game in this series is called The Cameron Files: Pharoah's Curse.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Aug 16, 09 5:58 AM
it's a shame that they make some of the games the way they do , I also have alot of games I bought that are 2 hard 2 play. I think they make games where you have 2 walk back and forth so the game seems longer and you need a walk thru. lol lol. now emerald city was nice and nancy drew dossier is nice.

[Post New]by ddj1025 on Aug 16, 09 6:55 AM
thanks for the walk through, but looking at it, it seems too short for a large file game, not worth paying additional cash for. It made up my mind just scanning it.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Aug 16, 09 9:11 AM
i play it years ago, old graphic style and if i don't remember wrong first person (i prefer 3rd person view). Don't like it, but it isn't a bad game for who likes first person game, and has a pretty good story.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 16, 09 9:17 AM
I played this game years ago as well. It isn't of epic length but I felt that I got my money's worth out of it, so 6.99 is a terrific price. The only annoying part of the game for me were a few timed sequences, and I went to the walkthrough for those. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game. It's not one of the best adventure games I have ever played, but it's not on my worst list, either. It was a pleasant diversion.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 16, 09 11:49 AM
I made the mistake of buying several large file games because they sounded good. Syberia was very irritating to me. I don't like the games where you have to keep clicking to make some character walk where you want them to. Makes for a slow, boring game. So no test, no more purchases.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Aug 16, 09 3:52 PM
i am deleting this game because it freezes and hangs up and it does no good to save your progress as when you die or screw up you are stuck in the same place as before i am using a walkthourgh and a it says in ceartain sences to save and go forward i tried this and when i messed up the save was usleless because any thing you have to solve is locked up or gone

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Aug 16, 09 5:06 PM
One of the huge bonuses to this game is that once you're past a certain point in the beginning, you have access to a map that takes you to other places without requiring you to do that annoying travel by clicking your fingers off. Note, however, that the map doesn't apply to places within the Manor itself. There is still just a bit of that inside the house, but hallelujah, not much endless clicking to get from place to place outside.

Go to: