Has anyone played HE: Titanic in windowed mode?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 16, 09 3:03 AM
I recently purchased HE: Titanic. When I try to play it in windowed mode, it creates a window the size of the screen but the actual play screen is in the upper left-hand corner. I just updated my video driver, DirectX, and Adobe Shockwave & Flash Player to make sure none of those components was the culprit. Since this was the first Hidden Expedition game, I'm wondering if it's a problem in the program?

angelize81
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,235 Posts

Re:Has anyone played HE: Titanic in windowed mode?

[Post New]by angelize81 on Aug 16, 09 3:12 AM
Hi TopazMystique, I actually just finished playing this game for the third time last week, and the second time I played, it was in windowed mode. But I had no problems like those you described. If anything I preferred it in windowed mode, as some things were not as hard for me to find. I'll keep my "fin"gers crossed that you find a solution for the problem quickly as it is a wonderful game

Edited on 08/16/2009 at 3:12:39 AM PST

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Aug 16, 09 7:54 AM
Hi TopazeMystique,

In options both "play in fullscreen" and "play in window" are there. When i click on windowed mode I get the same thing as you. A small screen in the upper left-hand corner. In the background I have my desktop which is black and at the biottom I can see all the programms I have open at that moment. When I click on fullscreen I get the game completely. I always play in fullscreen so I had noticed it before. I do not know if this is normal. I do not know how to help you. If you prefer the windowed, best thing is to contact customer support. Look at the green envelop on the right and ask if they can help or just play fullscreen.
Sorry I cannot help you.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 16, 09 6:10 PM
Thanks, frummy & angelize81! Nice to know it's not just me and that it really does work for someone else. I am running Windows XP SP3. Updated my video driver (NVidia GeForce), DirectX, Flash Player & Shockwave today but it didn't help. Have contacted support to see if they have a solution. Keeping my fins crossed!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 19, 09 7:24 AM
Got a response back from support. Because this is an older game, they cannot fix it or don't want to waste the time. Probably would involve a rewrite or something. Anyway, I did get a coupon for a free game so if anyone else is having the same problem, might want to contact support. They will probably offer you a free game coupon also.

Go to: