Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 25, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 5:09:17 AM PST

Ryvon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here

[Post New]by Ryvon on Aug 25, 15 2:40 AM
have twice tried to play this, but get "access violation error - program terminated". I am running windows 10. Uninstalled, and redownloaded and reinstalled to no avail.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 25, 15 5:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Aug 25, 15 6:20 AM
I too have had the same problem. When I clicked on the Play button I received the following error message:

Error: Access violation at 0x04830D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF), program terminated.

I am running Windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling but that didn't work either.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 25, 15 7:29 AM
Hi Ryvon and KBEAR2045,

I'm sorry to hear that when trying to play this particular game, an access violation error message appears. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Access Violation

If you are still seeing this error message after looking at the help article, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They will be happy to further look into this for you.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Aug 25, 15 8:34 AM
Can't play past demo. Played demo, then purchased. Restarted game after purchase; I am outside basement door (had unlocked in demo but now closed). Hint flashes but no hint given. Basement door closed again but cannot click on it. Map shows no area of interest. Have revisited every screen with nothing to do.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Aug 25, 15 11:50 AM
I played the demo to the end and then bought the game but when it resumed, I was outside the door to the basement which will not open and I am just stuck there. The map shows nowhere to go and the hint button just flashes but points to nothing.

[Post New]by Cherbear1967 on Aug 26, 15 12:29 AM
Same thing with me... I bought the game and opened it.. When I came back to play it later door to basement is closed and can't do anything else..

hjulgirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hjulgirl on Aug 26, 15 6:55 AM
I played the demo to the end and then bought the game but when it resumed, I was outside the door to the basement which will not open and I am just stuck there. The map shows nowhere to go and the hint button just flashes but points to nothing.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Aug 26, 15 7:00 AM
Hello to all
i also have access violation for this game,playing on a brand new window 10 laptop
is there a fix for this problem???

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Aug 26, 15 6:33 PM
Hmmm, interesting!! I downloaded the demo yesterday evening, played a little over a half hour of it, then signed off. I just now (09:29 p.m., 08/26) brought up my game manager and the 'error access code' simply appeared/popped up out of nowhere. . .without my even clicking on the 'start' button for the game. Came into the forums to read the 'tech issues' and it seems most have gotten this error also (while others are locked out of a basement ), so I simply deleted it from my system (new Toshiba Satellite laptop w/Windows 10). Oh well. . .I guess I'll wait for a fixed/updated version, which I hope happens soon. The first game was very good and I certainly would like to play this continuing saga.

Edited on 08/26/2015 at 6:40:20 PM PST

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Aug 31, 15 5:00 PM
Ryvon wrote:have twice tried to play this, but get "access violation error - program terminated". I am running windows 10. Uninstalled, and redownloaded and reinstalled to no avail.

Previously I had a lot of problems with access violations, which I believe is to do with the drivers. I personally needed a new driver which had gone corrupt. Anyway, are you drivers up to date? Go to your manufacture website and see if there are any updates. That may help.

Go to: