A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 5:09:24 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 25, 15 1:45 AM
Liking this SE game! Great graphics. Colorful, crisp, easy on the eyes. Suitable music. Good voice-overs, with accurate lip-movement. The one person I got to talk to, in person, had what I thought was an Australian accent. Different. Was NOT finished when the demo time ran out, because...

I was playing one of several REALLY good mini-games/puzzles. I was totally absorbed by the game, thinking I was getting close to the solution, when the demo ended! I will have to use a pcc just to finish THAT game, if nothing else. Happily, there were other things that made me want to play, too.

The HOPs were visited twice, but they were different each time...lists, silhouettes, replace the items, etc. Items needed were easy to see...no muddy colors or blending into the background. There was one that was a variation on "replace the item" that was fun and original. Played twice but it was different both times. I hope I see more of those.

HOPs have morphing objects. Items printed in blue will have extra steps to complete. Morphs are also written in blue and will be flashing to let us know that it is morphing. Fyi, we CANNOT pick up the morphing item until it is back in its original form.

Also, be aware that, even though the "gears" don't change to a "hand", you can still interact with items. That threw me a couple of times.

The dialogue can't be skipped but I never felt the NEED to skip because it moved right along.

We have 24 collectible swords...some not so obvious. There are achievements too! Jump map, directional hint button, 3 levels of difficulty to choose from, locking inventory, and a JOURNAL that we actually have to USE.

This SE has more of the kind of content I like than some CEs. Plus, I had to use my BRAIN, which is a big plus. Definitely coupon worthy for me. If it continues the way it has been going, I'd say it would be worth buying, coupon or not.

edit: Just WASTED a pcc. PADDED DEMO!!! Downhill we go... HOPs don't deserve the "P". Simplistic, monotonous gameplay. Simple mini-games. Answers in your face...ugh. FOOLED AGAIN.

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 4:54:35 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 25, 15 5:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Aug 25, 15 8:47 AM
Was really looking forward to this as enjoyed the first one but this is a repeat of the first one - only not as good or as long.
Exactly the same mini games with no variation - eg putting the swords back into place. They have also used exactly the same red cabinet with a bent lock.
Basically they have just rehashed the first one but it's half the length in my opinion and whilst the first had a bonus game - this has a bonus but it's only wallpapers and music.
The story line didn't really flow either - seems like they just threw this together on the back of the good reviews from the first.
Very disappointed - not worth a buy or a coupon - feel cheated except that it was only half price!!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Aug 25, 15 3:28 PM
Boring, tedious, rehashed game that just plods along.

Graphics were not as murky as usual, some of the VO seemed put on but the characters were a little better than usual.

No customization offered so hint/skip buttons took an eternity to recharge. This game was just so boring/tedious I just wanted to get t over with.

The HOS were the usual messy junk piles and the puzzles were awful. They either had scant instructions or were just silly/mindless.

Did like the bobcat & dog though!

You definitely have to try the demo before buying as the game is not what it is cracked to be.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 25, 15 3:41 PM
I enjoyed every minute of the game,I thought this game was excellent thx Devs for all your hard work and time and a great big Thx to BF for this awesome game today what a surprise..Keep up the good work devs Loved the story line graphics and sounds..I recommend this game..

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 26, 15 12:57 PM
I enjoyed the game, especially as an SE. More like this would be nice. Keep up the good work developers.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Aug 30, 15 11:29 PM
I totally agree with Lovely62. This game has everything you could wish for in a SE. It has great graphics and music. The HOS are clear and interactive and the mini-games have a brilliant challenge. I personally think the developers have done a fabulous job. Well done developers.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 10:22:57 AM PST

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Aug 31, 15 9:14 AM
[Removed by Moderator] It's very hard for developers to constantly come up with entirely new material in each game. It seems if they repeat anything at all, it results in a negative review.

I like the fact that the developer logged on to our forum to answer questions and listen to comments. That shows me they care what customers think about their games and want to improve where they can.

Since I didn't play the first Demon Hunter game and therefore don't need to worry about a repeated game. And, since I did enjoy the demo, I will go ahead and purchase the game in hopes that I will agree with those who really enjoyed playing it. [Removed by Moderator] I guess I will have to see if I feel the same.

Thank you to all reviewers for your time and effort. I usually read the reviews before I even download the demo.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 10:25:24 AM PST

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Aug 31, 15 4:00 PM
It is not a padded demo. Go ahead and buy the game, just like I did, and have some fun. [Removed by Moderator] This is a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 10:23:48 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Aug 31, 15 6:01 PM
Actually took me several days to get around to this demo. Within a few minutes I was all in. I loved the first Demon Hunter and this one seems a worthy successor.

In this straight SE release, it's a delight to see devs included collectibles and achievements. These play like a CE minus all the fluffy extras. Did I also see a spot on the menu for a bonus chapter? I might have but will have to wait and see after I purchase the game.

The graphics are excellent, the mini's are interestingly different, and the voiceovers are quite nice as well.

My demo flew by so it was a shock when I was popped out of the game. As for my contrary decision to like this game (and I do!!!), I read and appreciate all reviews and alternate viewpoints, so please keep them coming.

Then I approach it like broccoli. When people say I hate vegetables, especially broccoli, I listen and respond politely. Then I sit down and enjoy my broccoli!

It's a buy for me.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Aug 31, 15 6:12 PM
Yes, agreed. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 10:24:02 AM PST

Go to: