BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Talk with the developers of Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here!

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 12:31 AM
Hello everyone!
My name is Boris and I'm a producer and lead designer in Brave Giant Games - the developer behind Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter.
This is our third game, and we would like to keep tradition to talk with you on this forum. Tibetan Quest is our fourth game but it was released on Big Fish before DH2.
I would like to hear from you what do you like in our game more and what do you like less, I hope that we will have chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our upcoming game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum and try to catch up with everyone!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

Edited on 08/26/2015 at 7:05:49 AM PST

Re:Talk with the developers of Demon Hunter 2: A New Chapter here!

[Post New]by ferlachchristl on Aug 26, 15 5:27 AM
Hi Boris,
my name is Christa and I´m pleased to talk to you here in this forum. I only played the demo of Demon hunter 2 - and I liked it very much. Another great game from great developers - and again a SE with CE extras - thanks for that.

At this place i just want to indicate that in the forum for "Tibetan Quest" (a great game as well) there is a handful of posts for you that aren´t answered (one from me as well) - maybe - if you find the time - you could have a look - there are some interesting comments and aspects...

Bye for now, Boris - go on like that - you´re doing a real good job.

Greetings from Austria,
Christa

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 5:56 AM
Hi Christa,

Thank you very much for your post and for your compliments. We are trying hard to improve our games and provide you better fun.
Concerning Tibetan Quest, sorry about that but I will definitely check thos post and answer them :-)

Best regards
Boris

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 26, 15 7:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank ferlachchristl for feedback on this particular game. As we encourage players to post their suggestions for the developers, I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread.

Happy gaming everyone! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Aug 26, 15 8:42 AM
Very nice game Boris! While I still like your Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness best, this game is as good as the first (Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story). Probably better, as you lost the sparkles on the hardest mode! Thanks! (I may have imagined the few teeny glints now and again when I first entered a location...)

I love your collectibles in sets. I will admit I didn't find them all, and I forgot to look for them in each scene due to being immersed in the game. I also love the morphs in the HOS! I like that we have to wait for them to become the desired object again. And the puzzles... again, I loved them! I did not skip a single one, and many weren't simplistic or quick.

I don't often concern myself with achievements, but in this case I thought you might like to know that I found one impossible to attain, while playing the hardest mode at least. There is an achievement for the tutorial. But, the hardest mode didn't have a tutorial. I started the game under a new profile (I checked to see what the achievements were soon after starting) thinking I opted out of the tutorial, but there wasn't one.

If I could change one thing, it would be to omit the (highlight to read) injured animals. I know I don't like to encounter wounded animals and believe other players may feel the same. It isn't so bad if it's a wounded person, as they aren't helpless!

I believe Brave Giant does these games better than anyone, and since they are a bit different from the usual HOG, encourage you do do more of this type. I know Tibetan Quest didn't get the reviews you hoped for, but that was a more normal, everyday HOG and there are too many of them already! I did buy it though!

And, as you know, I enjoyed watching the credits for this game! Thank you!

Edited on 08/26/2015 at 8:42:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 26, 15 1:00 PM
Great game Boris definitely a step in the right direction especially as an SE game. Looking forward to more great games from your team

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Aug 26, 15 2:16 PM
I replayed the first Demon Hunter game a few weeks ago and enjoyed it all over. I think this one is better it just isn't as long as the first one. That is OK with me. This is just the right length. Not too long and not too short. Keep up the good work. I am looking for that bad guy to come back! (he did threaten that he would...lol)

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by redknight on Aug 26, 15 2:17 PM
Awesome game, Boris. I loved your other ones too. Very rarely nowadays do I find myself getting hopelessly stuck on even one puzzle but I've already gotten stuck on like 4 puzzles already yet I don't feel the urge to skip them.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Aug 26, 15 4:03 PM
hi Boris greetings from Scotland

how lovely to talk directly with the developer of a game.

I am enjoying this game very much. like other fishies I have got so engrossed in the game I havnt managed to find all the collectables so once I finish the game i'm going to replay it to see if I can manage to find them all.

as someone whose budget doesn't run to CE's...its refreshing to play a game which has extras not normally found in SE's

Keep up the good work as this is an excellent game. refreshing change from the usual

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 11:09 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Very nice game Boris! While I still like your Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness best, this game is as good as the first (Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story). Probably better, as you lost the sparkles on the hardest mode! Thanks! (I may have imagined the few teeny glints now and again when I first entered a location...)

I love your collectibles in sets. I will admit I didn't find them all, and I forgot to look for them in each scene due to being immersed in the game. I also love the morphs in the HOS! I like that we have to wait for them to become the desired object again. And the puzzles... again, I loved them! I did not skip a single one, and many weren't simplistic or quick.

I don't often concern myself with achievements, but in this case I thought you might like to know that I found one impossible to attain, while playing the hardest mode at least. There is an achievement for the tutorial. But, the hardest mode didn't have a tutorial. I started the game under a new profile (I checked to see what the achievements were soon after starting) thinking I opted out of the tutorial, but there wasn't one.

If I could change one thing, it would be to omit the (highlight to read) injured animals. I know I don't like to encounter wounded animals and believe other players may feel the same. It isn't so bad if it's a wounded person, as they aren't helpless!

I believe Brave Giant does these games better than anyone, and since they are a bit different from the usual HOG, encourage you do do more of this type. I know Tibetan Quest didn't get the reviews you hoped for, but that was a more normal, everyday HOG and there are too many of them already! I did buy it though!

And, as you know, I enjoyed watching the credits for this game! Thank you!

Hi twinsoniclab,

It is always pleasure talk with you. Thank you very much on great advice concerning Achievements. We will definitely take care about that in future. Also injured animals tip is something very important and we will take care in the future.

Thank you very much on your compliments, we will give our best to make even better games in the future.

Also because we make game for players we will give you all special thanks in credits of our next game.

It is a pleasure to be here with you .

Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 11:21 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:Great game Boris definitely a step in the right direction especially as an SE game. Looking forward to more great games from your team

Hello Old_Man_River,

Thank you very much for your time to give us feedback and compliments.
It is always nice to hear it .
We are giving our best to make better games and give you all great fun.
Also because we make game for players we will mention you in credits of our next game.

Best regards
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 11:27 PM
judithg315 wrote:I replayed the first Demon Hunter game a few weeks ago and enjoyed it all over. I think this one is better it just isn't as long as the first one. That is OK with me. This is just the right length. Not too long and not too short. Keep up the good work. I am looking for that bad guy to come back! (he did threaten that he would...lol)

Hi judithg315,
Thank you very much for playing game it is always nice to hear that player are satisfied .
Also because we make game for players we will mention you in credits of our next game. So stay tuned for our upcoming release.

Best regards
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 11:32 PM
redknight wrote:Awesome game, Boris. I loved your other ones too. Very rarely nowadays do I find myself getting hopelessly stuck on even one puzzle but I've already gotten stuck on like 4 puzzles already yet I don't feel the urge to skip them.

Hello redknight,
Thank you for a such a nice words . Because I design the most of the puzzles and I try really hard to make it good, I am very happy when I hear that you enjoy the game without skipping puzzles .
Looking forward to hear from you in the future.
And to not forget because we make game for players we will definitely mention you in credits of our next game. So stay tuned for our upcoming release.

Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 26, 15 11:36 PM
goodyear1998 wrote:hi Boris greetings from Scotland

how lovely to talk directly with the developer of a game.

I am enjoying this game very much. like other fishies I have got so engrossed in the game I havnt managed to find all the collectables so once I finish the game i'm going to replay it to see if I can manage to find them all.

as someone whose budget doesn't run to CE's...its refreshing to play a game which has extras not normally found in SE's

Keep up the good work as this is an excellent game. refreshing change from the usual

Hi goodyear1998,

Nice to hear that we have players in Scotland. Beautiful country (on the movies and pictures) and I do hope that I will visit it in the future.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the game, and we give our best to make even better game in the future.
Do not forget to look out for our upcoming project because we will definitely mention you in the Credits.
Have a nice day

Boris

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 28, 15 1:53 PM
I really loved the puzzle game where you had to figure out which person was in which room at what time with what object. It was a great "strategy" puzzle that made you really think.

What I didn't like: having to use the tutorial to get an achievement!

overall great game - I need to go back and see if I can get your other games on BFG.
Cheers! ~Kaitlinn

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 28, 15 10:58 PM
kaitlinn wrote:I really loved the puzzle game where you had to figure out which person was in which room at what time with what object. It was a great "strategy" puzzle that made you really think.

What I didn't like: having to use the tutorial to get an achievement!

overall great game - I need to go back and see if I can get your other games on BFG.
Cheers! ~Kaitlinn

Hi kaitlinn,

Thank you very much on your thoughts, much appreciated.
And concerning the having to use the tutorial to get an achievement, it was honest mistake we wont made it again.
Have a nice day

Boris

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 29, 15 12:40 AM
Totally enjoying your game. It is keeping my interest. It's fun and has alot of variety. I love the puzzles. And I happen to love junkpile hidden objects.
Great game!!!
Thank you very much!
I don't get the negative reviews. I don't see anything wrong with this game. The graphics are nice and crisps too. I like that.
It's all good!!

pinkiii
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pinkiii on Aug 29, 15 8:33 AM
Hi I am Stuck...At the part of game we were up and down in the Lift. My hit button as stopped working! So cannot get on HELP please. At the mo I need something to cut open toy and 3rd piece of menu for machine.Thanks Eileen

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 29, 15 7:06 PM
I will be honest with you-this one did not wow me like the first one did.
I was drawn right in with the first DH, so much so that I did not bother
to demo this one, I just bought it. I really thought it would be as good
as the first.

The puzzles were good, I did enjoy them.
The pace of the game was good, I only got stumped a couple
of times. I also appreciate the map, always a big help.

Also, nice graphics, not just the blue hue that is typical of
some games.

You put Miss Dawn through the ringer, didn't you?
She's like a Timex-takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

The storyline wasen't bad, but with her being a DH I thought she would
be fighting a different type demon, not the same one from #1.

What I didn't like was the book constantly sparkling at me. I found it
distracting and annoying.
Also, I know HO lovers enjoy this, but I felt like it was relying on HO's
to get through the game too much.

I thought the ending was rather lame, but I find that in most of these
games, anyway.
Its just that after some of the good puzzles (like the door puzzle, putting
each person in the right slot) I thought the ending would be a little more
challenging.

Well, that is my .

Thank you for your efforts.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Aug 30, 15 11:04 PM
Hi Boris, a big welcome to you from New Zealand.

Thank you so much for coming in and joining the Forum.

I've just finished playing Demon Hunter which I enjoyed and have now bought and am playing Demon Hunter 2. This game is brilliant and I've just loving it. The mini-games are tough and take a lot of thinking. I'm just doing the characters and timelines to get through the basement door. OK, I'd admit it, I've been doing this mini-game now for about 30 minutes! But I'm not going to give in and get a hint.

Just one thought. Would it be possible in later games in have the option of turning the Hint and Skip modes off? I personally refuse to use them but I'm always scared that I'll click on the Hint by mistake as I'm roaming around. Yes, I'm clumsy enough to do that.

Anyway, this game is turning out to be one of my favourites because it has the challenge so I so long for.

Keep up the great work. Many thanks.

Go to: