MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Anyone else like this game besides me?

[Post New]by MichGal on Sep 5, 08 10:47 AM
I don't see any talk about this game at all. Just wondering if anyone else liked this game and was hoping they'd make another one.

Re:Anyone else like this game besides me?

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Sep 11, 08 7:11 AM
I am finding this game a bit same-old after playing a few levels, but I do have to ask:
What exactly is the charming prince saying? Is it words or gibberish? It's driving me nuts

[Post New]by LusciousLuxora on Sep 11, 08 7:17 AM
I too have played this game ... I got this game almost a year ago and have beaten the game more than once ... Tycoon type games are actually my favorite type ... I would love to see more of these types of games on BFG ...

torny76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by torny76 on Sep 15, 08 12:14 PM
I loved this one as well. One of the first I purchased actually. I wish there would be some sort of sequel. At least something in the same vein. The weather outlook, method of purchasing ingredients, the goons to hire...

MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MichGal on Sep 15, 08 6:59 PM
Tycoon type games are actually my favorite type ... I would love to see more of these types of games on BFG ...

Me too! I'm hooked on Roller Coaster Tycoon. I'm back to playing RCT2. RTC3 isthe best! But RCT2 never looses it's thrill for me. So I go back to it every now and then. In fact, I have a game paused right now. I play it on and off throughout the day. LOL

[Post New]by thedragon1186 on Sep 17, 08 8:41 AM
I love this game, it's so cute, but at the same time requires strategy and thought, not just mindless clicking. I've beat the game several times, and then gone back to play my fave villages. I love the fairytale theme, and all the cute sideplots. There should be more games on BFG like this one!

WebWench
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by WebWench on Sep 21, 08 10:57 AM
I lost my progress on this one when I had to reformat my computer. I haven't gone back to it because I haven't wanted to start over from the beginning again... it was cute, but I can't remember a lot about it. I should d/l it again, although I remember getting stuck and frustrated lol.

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Sep 27, 08 12:31 PM
Agreed...A sequel to this would be great.

[Post New]by cariboo16 on Oct 19, 08 10:12 PM
i love it but i cant pass the level of the tree tops

i also wish there was a sequel

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Oct 19, 08 10:51 PM
cariboo16 wrote:i love it but i cant pass the level of the tree tops

i also wish there was a sequel

On the "goon" section of the upgrades -- get the magic carpet upgrade and put it in front of your competion. I usually start with Prince Chaming. That ensures you get some of their business. Also, make sure with the new potion research that you get the new spells first. If you have 2 or 3 rounds without your competition having that spell you can charge, almost as much as you want.

happypuddle
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by happypuddle on Oct 19, 08 11:39 PM
I love this game too!!

I thought the art was pretty neat. I loved the whole helping out fairytale people thing, too. It was one of my favourite features.

Cavuto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Cavuto on Dec 14, 08 9:19 PM
Not all Tycoon games are good. FlowerStand Tycoon had good production value, but the actual game itself was pretty lame. But I agree, by and large Tycoon games tend to be my favorites aside from some lemons (Prison Tycoon...omg what garbage).

But I just wanted to post here to say that I have bought like 30 BFG games since last year and Fairy Godmother Tycoon is still probably the single best game of them all. Peggle and Airport Mania being up there also.

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Jan 7, 09 9:01 PM
I love this game. I, too, get frustrated easily with life in general, so I find myself stepping away from it for good chunks of time, but I think this will always be a game that I will come back to. Best Tycoon game I've played thus far. (fish and plants are only interesting for so long)

jlvc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jlvc on Feb 6, 09 10:57 AM
Loved this game! I'm hoping they come out with another one, but seeing as it's been over a year, it seems doubtful!

Edited on 02/06/2009 at 11:47:55 AM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Feb 11, 09 9:32 PM
I joined back in August which was the start of my online gaming other than the old word strategy games like McMurphy's Mansion, Infocom, etc. Since joining, I've been trying most of the download demos (450+ so far) and recently came across Fairy Godmother Tycoon.

I wasn't going to try it because I thought it would be like a time management game (which I am terrible at) but the description sounded cute so decided to give it a try. After the demo, I decided to use my latest game credit on this one even tho I had reservations about it. OMG, this is one of the best games I've played! What a HOOT! I am TOTALLY addicted!

Started playing it in the evening and probably played straight for at least 12 hours! Fed the dogs breakfast; played some more and took a quick nap (mainly because I was starting to fall asleep at the keyboard! )! Have managed to squeeze in the dogs' meds at lunch time and their supper this evening (oops, last evening, it's AM here now) in between playing some more.

I started playing about 30 hours ago and have probably spent at least 25 of those hours playing FGT! I'm talking MAJOR ADDICTION here! I just got to Dwarven Mines and decided to quit since it's past midnight and need to get at least some tonight (oops, again; this AM)! I decided to play each town until I put the competition out of business so it's taking a while but I it!

I do agree that it's kinda the same in each town, same dialog and all but it is still cute & so much fun! Would to see a sequel to this!

[Post New]by helena2009 on Feb 12, 09 7:18 AM
I loved this game, ive completed it so many times. does any one know if another one is going to be released? this are many ways that the game can be enhanced to a second game.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Feb 14, 09 5:41 PM
Well, I finally put Sneersworth out of business! Took 90 Castle City days but he's been booted out. It seemed that putting the other competitors out of business in the other cities was harder than putting Bulls & Bears out of business in Castle City. But maybe that was because I was finally hitting my stride! What a great game... been playing almost non-stop for 4 days (real time ).

Sherrill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Sherrill on Mar 1, 09 8:31 PM
I have replayed this game five times now, and I would LOVE to see a sequel! I could've sworn I'd heard something about a FG II, but it must have been a dream. Please BFG - get Fairy Godmother II in works!

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Mar 17, 09 3:59 AM
I couldn't agree more. This is a great game and deserves a part 2.

[Post New]by FairyGodmother10 on Mar 27, 09 5:49 AM
I ADORE this game!! I too love the sims / strategy / tycoon games and I found FGT the best of them all. The difficulty of the levels made it challenging for adults and kept my interest. The gorgeous fairytale lands and characters ... couldnt you just live in that sweet-tooth town !! Its such a unique and well thought out game that I have played in many times over (you just have to set yourself challenges .. like have to beat each level in under and hour , or do it without borrowing from the loan shark etc). I would buy part two in a heartbeat if they brought one out. Am dying for more tycoon and spooky games. There are too many boring "find hidden object" games and "match three". How about a haunted hotel tycoon or something eerie. You have to renovate and cater to different spooks or something lol Anything closely resembling FGT would be awesome. Best game on here and best value because of the dialogue, story and attention to detail.
LMAO at everyone being addicted to this game and playing for 12 hours straight ... I thought that was just me :-P I could not turn it off either.

CHEAT IDEA FOR PPL FINDING IT TOO DIFFICULT : Borrow max credit off loan shark early on in game and use it to upgrade or buy supplies and after a few turns the godmother will always repay your loan "just this once" but its actually one time on each level. Oh damn I miss this game ... im going back to replay - PLEASE BRING PART TWO OUT !!!!!

Edited on 03/27/2009 at 5:56:27 AM PST

Go to: