deejac
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Comments Please: What did you think of RMI 2

[Post New]by deejac on Aug 17, 09 10:26 AM
As there is no trial download was wondering if some of you could give me a low down on this one. To let you know love the MCF games and most of the HOGs. Looking for something to keep the old brain ticking over.

Thanks all

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

Re:Comments Please: What did you think of RMI 2

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Aug 17, 09 11:05 AM
Hey, there!

If you have never played a large file game before, then you will definately want to play the 1st Mysterious Island game before you play this one. Large file games are alot different than the other genres, but if you have played Return to Ravenhearst, you have somewhat of an idea of the whole "gather the objects & use them in puzzles" concept.

deejac
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by deejac on Aug 17, 09 11:10 AM
Thanks for that, enjoyed Return to Ravenhearst and have played one or two of the large game ones. Might give the first one a bash and then go for number two.

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Aug 17, 09 2:27 PM
Good luck with it & have a blast! Also remember to keep the BFG forum handy- it really helps!

ozzyboo
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ozzyboo on Aug 19, 09 4:46 PM
this game is fantastic i played the first one and enjoyed that and this is just as great, dont worry if you like big file games Microid dont do bad games, all the ones ive played have had fabulous graphics and not too hard puzzles just enough to get you thinking.. go for it

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Aug 20, 09 7:03 PM
Other than to get a feel for large file games, is there a reason I should buy the first game, or can I just jump right into the second? I am also wondering whether to buy.

Thanks

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Aug 21, 09 11:18 AM
I would higly recommend getting the first game before you try this one. It is easier, the stories play right off each other, & the layouts of the island are the same. As to whether you should buy, that's up to you, of course, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't need a walkthrough, either, but I have a playing partner (my sister!) & I used the forums alot.

[Post New]by Madhouse000 on Aug 21, 09 4:08 PM
The first game is much better than the second. More fun -- and if you want an even better game try syberia I and II -- that game is the BEST!

lynniepoo87
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynniepoo87 on Aug 21, 09 4:17 PM
I think these games are great! Definitely play the first b4 the second though.

I even emailed the developer and asked if a third was in the works! Sadly, the answer right now is "no."

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Aug 21, 09 5:43 PM
I agree wth madhouse-Syberia rocks! (A little easier too)

BARPAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BARPAT on Jul 29, 11 9:58 AM
I agree the first RMI is much better - I find this one impossible to do without a walkthrough and even then its difficult. The grafics are excellent but I do agree Syberia 1 and 2 have not been bettered.
Barpat

Go to: